Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Mackensie Alexander Signed
(03-19-2020, 04:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's also a matter of scheme and use. 

James Harrison
2011: 9.0 sacks
2012: 6.0 sacks
2013: 2.0 sacks (with the Bengals)
2014: 5.5 sacks
2015: 5.0 sacks
2016: 5.0 sacks

Of course his sacks went down.  He switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3.  You think the Bengals are going to move all these new CBs to safety?

We sign non-productive players.  .  .  you whine because they were not productive.

We sign productive players.  .  .  you whine because they have been coached up too well.

You have zero credibility because you whine NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF PLAYERS WE SIGN.
Reply/Quote
Good sign that Vikings fans are up in arms about letting him go. Some are acting like the world is coming to an end over it. Some had him as their top off season priority, Zimmer is getting trashed by their fans
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:24 PM)WhoDey Wrote: Good sign that Vikings fans are up in arms about letting him go. Some are acting like the world is coming to an end over it. Some had him as their top off season priority, Zimmer is getting trashed by their fans

I like it, maybe they run Zim right back to us eh?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:24 PM)WhoDey Wrote: Good sign that Vikings fans are up in arms about letting him go. Some are acting like the world is coming to an end over it. Some had him as their top off season priority, Zimmer is getting trashed by their fans

They probably have a point.  They didn't just lose one, they lost two CB's, right after they gave their overpaid average QB more overpaying.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Looks similar to the other CB signing - trading a tiny drop in pass coverage for a big improvement in tackling. Seeing a theme here :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Yeah, saw this in an article on a Vikings site:

'Alexander’s departure is the latest in a line of cornerbacks escaping from Minnesota. This also extended all the way down to defensive backs coach Jerry Gray, who departed the Vikings earlier this year and then picked up a job with the Green Bay Packers. It begs the question of if Zimmer is really the problem here and what needs to change moving forward.'
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, saw this in an article on a Vikings site:

'Alexander’s departure is the latest in a line of cornerbacks escaping from Minnesota. This also extended all the way down to defensive backs coach Jerry Gray, who departed the Vikings earlier this year and then picked up a job with the Green Bay Packers. It begs the question of if Zimmer is really the problem here and what needs to change moving forward.'

Wonder how they feel about giving Cousins more money when he hasn't even earned the original money.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, saw this in an article on a Vikings site:

If Taylor doesn't work out this year and doesn't significantly improve I am all for bringing Zim here as our new HC if they run him
out of Minny. It is what we should of done in the first place before Zim left, replace Marv with Zim, lots of us were calling for this
and I don't think Zim has done a bad job in Minny at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nate Livings started all 16 games for the Cowboy's #6 ranked offense in 2012.  Only reason he was out of the league the next year was injury.

And Nick Vigil was not "great" last year.  He was just better in pass coverage than anyone here gave him credit for.

And the reason he never came back into the league was because he was no good.

- - - - - - -

YOU literally used the word "great" in your thread, Fred.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Nick-Vigil-great-pass-defense-in-2019

Thanks for taking my one post and replying to it three separate times, by the way.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 06:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And the reason he never came back into the league was because he was no good.

- - - - - - -

YOU literally used the word "great" in your thread, Fred.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Nick-Vigil-great-pass-defense-in-2019

Thanks for taking my one post and replying to it three separate times, by the way.

Livings was terrible when he was here.

I will never understand Fred acting like he was good cause the Cowboys were dumb enough to pay him. 

Just like they were extremely dumb to bring in PA to ruin their O-line. They learned their lessons but both were dumb decisions.
Reply/Quote
I really like what the Bengals have been doing in free agency with Reader Waynes and Alexander. All 3 of these guys are excellent against the run and the Bengals are in a division with teams that depend heavily on their run game.

Edit: Post 5000.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course his sacks went down.  He switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3.  You think the Bengals are going to move all these new CBs to safety?

We sign non-productive players.  .  .  you whine because they were not productive.

We sign productive players.  .  .  you whine because they have been coached up too well.

You have zero credibility because you whine NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF PLAYERS WE SIGN.

And you have no credibility because you cherry pick stats to support your selective arguments. You squeal about other people “squealing”. As he said go elsewhere.

Better yet, don’t go away mad. Just go away, Rick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Livings was terrible when he was here.

I will never understand Fred acting like he was good cause the Cowboys were dumb enough to pay him. 

Just like they were extremely dumb to bring in PA to ruin their O-line. They learned their lessons but both were dumb decisions.

How crazy is it the Livings argument is still going on ten years later?

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:05 PM)McC Wrote: How crazy is it the Livings argument is still going on ten years later?

Pretty damn crazy I gotta say lol
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We also signed that CB from the CFL.  No idea if he is any good but we are definitely concentrating on that position.

He is pretty good from what I remember about him
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Bengals seem to be quite active...

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals seem to be quite active...

Hope they get active at Linebacker. 

They might be taking the old "cannot have enough good Corners" a little too literally lol
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals seem to be quite active...

I approve wholeheartedly.  Keep this roll going.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 06:24 PM)Synric Wrote: I really like what the Bengals have been doing in free agency with Reader Waynes and Alexander. All 3 of these guys are excellent against the run and the Bengals are in a division with teams that depend heavily on their run game.

Edit: Post 5000.

It actually almost sounds like you're saying the Bengals went into this FA with an actual "Plan"??!! Lol

Don't forget, they tried to get Schobert too. That would have been a pretty nice set of players who can actually tackle someone.

I'm sure they all watched the tape against Lamar Jackson and just laughed their asses off at the 100 missed tackles that game.

I wonder if that had anything to do with it???
Reply/Quote
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote