Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Power Rankings
CBS just released its power rankings and I'm honestly kind of surprised.

The top 3 are a given with the Packers at 1, then the Patriots and then the Seahawks.

Unless the Wilson thing becomes a distraction, though, I don't see the Seahawks being worse than the Packers and Patriots.

I do think that Rogers will have a big year slinging the ball around, and Brady's suspension shouldn't be a problem because he always finds a way to produce late in the season and in big games. Brady is clutch and will make up for lost time.

The Ravens at 5 is a joke. They lost Daniels and Torrey Smith, not to mention that Steve Smith Senior is a senior citizen! On defense, they lost Ngata and McPhee!

Broncos are at 6, which I just think Manning is about done and I don't know if he can carry them, but he always surprises me.

Bengals are at 9, which I guess is fair, but they're underestimating teams being unable to stop Hill.

Steelers are at 10 with their defense being in question as the reason, but I just don't see how you can bet against Ben throwing the ball to Antonio Brown and handing it to Bell, even if he is suspended for three games (two now).
Reply/Quote
Steelers should be higher. Bell can help them with that.
Reply/Quote
Side tracked in 3.2.1
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Sounds about right. Ravens were #1 in the last one I saw (Peter King maybe).
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 06:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: CBS just released its power rankings and I'm honestly kind of surprised.

The top 3 are a given with the Packers at 1, then the Patriots and then the Seahawks.

Unless the Wilson thing becomes a distraction, though, I don't see the Seahawks being worse than the Packers and Patriots.

I do think that Rogers will have a big year slinging the ball around, and Brady's suspension shouldn't be a problem because he always finds a way to produce late in the season and in big games.  Brady is clutch and will make up for lost time.

The Ravens at 5 is a joke.  They lost Daniels and Torrey Smith, not to mention that Steve Smith Senior is a senior citizen!  On defense, they lost Ngata and McPhee!

Broncos are at 6, which I just think Manning is about done and I don't know if he can carry them, but he always surprises me.

Bengals are at 9, which I guess is fair, but they're underestimating teams being unable to stop Hill.

Steelers are at 10 with their defense being in question as the reason, but I just don't see how you can bet against Ben throwing the ball to Antonio Brown and handing it to Bell, even if he is suspended for three games (two now).

I'm happy with 9 seems bout right. Just need to come out and bust other teams in the mouth. Let Hill do his thing. Let teams tack box worried about Hill, then hit Eifert up the seam or grenn,jones Sanu down field 

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 07:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sounds about right. Ravens were #1 in the last one I saw (Peter King maybe).

I can agree with Ravens ranked 5th  Rock On

Reply/Quote
So, since the Ravens are more highly rated than the Bengals, does that mean you're NOT pumped? Wait, CBS is a liar, that's it. They don't see what a BEAST Hill is. I guess we shouldn't take CBS seriously, I mean they're kind of a joke ya know?

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 07:03 PM)Yarmening Wrote: Steelers should be higher. Bell can help them with that.

I think their defense is going to hurt them. Especially with Troy p gone and their DB

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 07:27 PM)Bryan Wrote: So, since the Ravens are more highly rated than the Bengals, does that mean you're NOT pumped? Wait, CBS is a liar, that's it. They don't see what a BEAST Hill is. I guess we shouldn't take CBS seriously, I mean they're kind of a joke ya know?

They're a website, they make money off keeping people entertained and happy, which they don't give a shit about a small market team like the Bengals.

If you think they see what a beast Hill is, then why aren't they giving him props when he was the best back in the league in the second half of the year last season, and that was despite having games with only 8, 12, and 13 carries, but I guess those stats are wrong, huh?  I guess the fact that we were crippled with injuries to our offensive weapons, making it even harder on Hill to succeed because defenses could load the box, doesn't make it even more impressive, does it?

WHAT ON EARTH WAS I THINKING?!
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 08:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They're a website, they make money off keeping people entertained and happy, which they don't give a shit about a small market team like the Bengals.

If you think they see what a beast Hill is, then why aren't they giving him props when he was the best back in the league in the second half of the year last season, and that was despite having games with only 8, 12, and 13 carries, but I guess those stats are wrong, huh?  I guess the fact that we were crippled with injuries to our offensive weapons, making it even harder on Hill to succeed because defenses could load the box, doesn't make it even more impressive, does it?

Ha

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 07:29 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I think their defense is going to hurt them. Especially with Troy p gone and their DB

Not having him can't hurt any more than having him in there at 3/4 speed. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 08:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They're a website, they make money off keeping people entertained and happy, which they don't give a shit about a small market team like the Bengals.

First off, the opening comment here is stupid. Baltimore has an overall smaller TV market lol. THIS IS WHY YOU'RE A JOKESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolzie
The Cardinals have a smaller market and a tiny fanbase, yet they are still ranked 8th. The Colts have the 25th media market and are ranked 7th. We are ranked above Pitt, when we easily could switch with them. If they do what you are accusing them of, no way they put us above the Steelers or Baltimore that high. 

Also, to the Hill stuff, the issue is that it was only eight games. You gotta chill out and think of the sample size here. Can I ask you to rank the best WRs in the NFL? I expect OBJ to be easily the #1. 

What about CJ Anderson? Is he the #2 running back in the NFL? What happened to Doug Martin, or a Michael Clayton? Eight games is not large enough to just say Hill is the best back and will dominate the Bengals to the superbowlz!!! Take an objective look and remove your homer goggles for one second. I love Hill and think he is a great back, but I'm not even sure I expect 5+ YPC out of him. 

It's fair to have the Ravens ahead (though I disagree because I dislike Trestman vs. Kubiak, among other reasons) considering they only had a slightly worse record, trashed the Steelers in the playoffs, and looked great against the Pats, save for their 99th string secondary. They also have significantly better coaching and have proven to be a competitive team, even in their worst years. 

Their defense was also much better than ours last year. All three teams atop this division are close, but there are arguments to be made for or against all of them. Coming in and refusing to take an objective look at things while being stupidly stubborn is not the way to go about these debates. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
My favorite part so far is when he didn't "get it".

Haha. It's a tarp!!!11!1!!
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 09:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not having him can't hurt any more than having him in there at 3/4 speed. 

True, however he will be missed. Steelers offense is going to e explosive, but the defense should be their  concern.. So you're saying Troy  p was non factor last year? 

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:04 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: True, however he will be missed. Steelers offense is going to e explosive, but the defense should be their  concern.. So you're saying Troy  p was non factor last year? 

He lost a step (or two) and his style of play suffered because of it.

One key to the Steelers D's success with Troy was the other 10 guys stayed in their roles and let him do his thing.  They lacked that over the last couple years.

Have eleven guys on the same page at all times is hard...having 10 have to guess what #11 will do is harder!   Smirk  But it worked because he had amazing skills.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 08:58 PM)Lll Fritz21 Wrote: They're a website, they make money off keeping people entertained and happy, which they don't give a shit about a small market team like the Bengals.

Hill is good, but best in league may be a stretch. II can think of several that's are better. Grant it was his rookie season. Bell is a beast, lesean Mccoy, Murray and beast mode to just name  a few. Yes Hill just played half season. Let's see what happens  with a full year 
Reply/Quote
3 AFCN teams in the top 10? That's awesome. 4 in the top 30? Even more awesome.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 09:29 PM)MrRager Wrote: First off, the opening comment here is stupid. Baltimore has an overall smaller TV market lol. THIS IS WHY YOU'RE A JOKESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolzie
The Cardinals have a smaller market and a tiny fanbase, yet they are still ranked 8th. The Colts have the 25th media market and are ranked 7th. We are ranked above Pitt, when we easily could switch with them. If they do what you are accusing them of, no way they put us above the Steelers or Baltimore that high. 

Also, to the Hill stuff, the issue is that it was only eight games. You gotta chill out and think of the sample size here. Can I ask you to rank the best WRs in the NFL? I expect OBJ to be easily the #1. 

What about CJ Anderson? Is he the #2 running back in the NFL? What happened to Doug Martin, or a Michael Clayton? Eight games is not large enough to just say Hill is the best back and will dominate the Bengals to the superbowlz!!! Take an objective look and remove your homer goggles for one second. I love Hill and think he is a great back, but I'm not even sure I expect 5+ YPC out of him. 

It's fair to have the Ravens ahead (though I disagree because I dislike Trestman vs. Kubiak, among other reasons) considering they only had a slightly worse record, trashed the Steelers in the playoffs, and looked great against the Pats, save for their 99th string secondary. They also have significantly better coaching and have proven to be a competitive team, even in their worst years. 

Their defense was also much better than ours last year. All three teams atop this division are close, but there are arguments to be made for or against all of them. Coming in and refusing to take an objective look at things while being stupidly stubborn is not the way to go about these debates. 

First comment.......  if Baltimore was smaller market than the Bengals, then how does Forbes have them as the 10th ranked franchise in the NFL in terms of money and how come they make so much more money than the Bengals?  (Bengals were 27th on the list.)

I never said Hill was the #1, but he's top 3 or top 5, and you make a good point about OBJ because I can't find any websites or experts that have him ranked outside the top 5 (this one has him at #2).  

Except for two games, CJ Anderson didn't put up anywhere near the stats that Hill did, and you have to look at running styles to see how impressive Hill is.

As far as Doug Martin, he was injured and only played 6 games his second year and then only 11 games last year, which was also his first year back from the 6 game, season-ending-injury season, but why didn't you mention that?  How can you compare that to someone who is unlikely to have the same thing happen to him?

The Ravens lost all those players, and not to mention Steve Smith is a year older, so isn't it stupid to have them ranked that high?  How do they not fall-off?

Our defense was crippled with injuries last year, not to mention that Atkins is supposedly looking like himself again, we have rookies that look to be solid, we have young corners that look to be stepping up, and we have MJ back, so how's that not looking at it objectively?
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: He lost a step (or two) and his style of play suffered because of it.

One key to the Steelers D's success with Troy was the other 10 guys stayed in their roles and let him do his thing.  They lacked that over the last couple years.

Have eleven guys on the same page at all times is hard...having 10 have to guess what #11 will do is harder!   Smirk  But it worked because he had amazing skills.

Can't  argue that, he could still make a different on someone's team. Here is to a great season for both our teams. Just hope Bengals sweep Steelers lol. Good luck to your team ,but hope Bengals do better  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:18 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Hill is good, but best in league may be a stretch. II can think of several that's are better. Grant it was his rookie season. Bell is a beast, lesean Mccoy, Murray and beast mode to just name  a few. Yes Hill just played half season. Let's see what happens  with a full year 

I'm not saying he is the best, I'm saying he was the best in the second half of the year last year, which statistics back up.

He outperformed any back in the second half of the year, which you can pull our game tape to see, and also notice that the backs ahead of him had better QBs to keep defenses from loading the box (except for maybe Arian Foster, but Hill had a better second half of the year compared to Foster's entire year).

I see what you're saying about having Hill do it for 16 games, but there's no reason to think he can't.
Reply/Quote