Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Power Rankings
Can we stop calling people out in our Sigs, especially if one of the first posts on this forum by the person doing it was whining about getting called out in a sig?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd admit if I was wrong here, but the small local market of the team doesn't mean that they don't have a large following in the country, aren't popular, and don't bring in more money.

Stop being a child and engage in the discussion if I'm wrong.

You'd also have to address how they're that high with all of the losses and changes I mentioned.
Well, you didn't qualify any of that and just said market size. Can you admit you were wrong, or, at the very least, admit you didn't provide a clear picture about what you were saying?

The loss of Ngata will not be a big deal. The dude was already getting old and missed enough time to prove that Jernigan, Williams, and Urban can more than play in his absence. It sucks, but the Ravens knew exactly what they were doing with that trade. McPhee will be missed, but their pass rush will still be top notch considering Gums (did he get surgery?) and Dumervil are still two of the best.

They also upgraded safety with Kendrick Lewis. Their secondary was riddled with injuries, almost as much as our WRs/TEs, and returning that depth will help the team immensely.

Trestman has an oddly weird history of having a great offense in year one then imploding in year two. I expect their offense to be pretty decent this year, but he is not a long term fix. Perriman, while probably won't be as good as Smith this year, has the speed to play the stupid DPI game Flacco likes to play. A healthy Pitta and Maxx Williams are good enough to play the SEAMZZ!!! LOLZ!! scheme if they want to. Harbaugh has also said he would like to keep the same running scheme that was so deadly last year so do not expect too much change there. They also have one of the best lines in the league. Hell, as a division, I think the AFCN has the best overall lines.

The biggest thing is that the organization and head coach have a strong history of being one step ahead and winning. Every move has been a calculated move. Coaching is extremely important in the NFL and the Ravens have a top 5, if not top 3, coach. This can't be emphasized enough. They have a GREAT coach. He won the superbowl with a middling defense and Joe ***** Flacco for Christ's holy sake.  

This thread reminds me of you arguing how in decline the Steelers are, yet they won the division. The Ravens are a top team who know how to win games and will continue to be a top team in the NFL until proven otherwise. 

With all of that said, I still don't think they deserve their high rating, but you are delusional if you don't think any of the top three AFCN teams are pretty much interchangeable. Arguments can be made for and against each team. Ignoring the pro-Ravens arguments and falsely blaming "market-size" for their ranking is stupid. They will be a good team in the hunt for the division title, narrowly losing out to Cincinnati, obviously. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Can we stop calling people out in our Sigs, especially if one of the first posts on this forum by the person doing it was whining about getting called out in a sig?

Yeah it seems like he is a bit of a hypocrite...
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:11 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Since when is insulting a productive, veteran WR and pointing out which players left via trade or free agency a "theory"?

Anyhoo, Steve Smith is still really good, I don't know if you watched football last year or not, but I doubt he's going to magically fall off a cliff after looking fine last season.

Torrey Smith? Didn't they just draft a bigger, faster version of that guy? Problem solved there.
Ngata? Per PFF, Brandon Williams was the Ravens best run defender last year on their entire team. Timmy Jernigan also exists, do you not follow our division rivals at all?
McPhee? This was realistically their biggest loss IMO. I've seen Ravens fans saying Upshaw will take his snaps. Courtney Upshaw is alright, we'll see how that works out.
Daniels? They'll be rolling with just about as much experience as we have at the position. I think Eifert is definitely more talented than Gillmore, but we both have inexperienced groups there.

Overall, they ranked highly on defense with a practice squad secondary last year. They have great ownership and coaches. They have Flacco who can turn it on randomly throughout the year and a disgusting offensive line, along with at least one talented back and some promise at receiver. Everyone says "the game is won in the trenches", and can you name a team with a better front 7 on defense AND offensive line? I probably can't.

Having some sort of objectivity won't kill you. I'm a Bengals fan, and I believe we have a great team right now, but the Ravens aren't nearly as f'd as a lot of people in JN want to believe.

I asked him, but good to see you fighting his battles where he obviously can't.

Steve Smith is now a year older and, at 36, how long do you think he can keep producing?  

Wide receiver has become a difficult position to transfer to the NFL from college, but you think Perriman can just step-in and produce at the same level as Torrey did?  Torrey had 11 touchdowns last year and 767 yards, which isn't too shabby.  Not to mention that losing Owen Daniels, as I mentioned, will make it more difficult.  

Ngata- he had his highest PFF grade last season.  Just because another Ravens player had a better season, doesn't mean that someone else can magically come in and produce the same as Ngata.  Jernigan is good, but, same as having Brandon Williams, it doesn't just magically make losing Ngata not matter.

Agree with McPhee and I already mentioned Daniels.

Flacco is overrated and can show flares, but he's just not the consistent, top tiered quarterback that can carry them where they want to go.

I have been pretty objective, and, even with your optimistic objectivity, I'm still struggling to see how anyone can have them ranked that high.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Flacco is overrated and can show flares, but he's just not the consistent, top tiered quarterback that can carry them where they want to go.

[Image: 212x3003.jpg]

He already has taken them there.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Can we stop calling people out in our Sigs, especially if one of the first posts on this forum by the person doing it was whining about getting called out in a sig?

Not to mention you just had a direct Brad quote in yours at first.

His sigs haven't been quotes from me and Fred to poke fun at us, but they're full fledged attacks on us that people get to read again every single time he posts. It's really bordering on absurd and I have no idea why he hasn't been dealt with yet.

Hopefully he realizes that he's dealing with someone that's much more witty and funny than he is, and if this is the kind of fight he wants, he's in for quite the treat. I'm giving him a bit more time to cool down and realize he should take that out, but this could get ugly quick if he doesn't ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:34 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Brad, plz disprove my theory.

Or did you misunderstand something again?

You posted that 23 minutes after you posted your theory.

Am I supposed to wait by the computer for every post you make so I can reply in the blink of an eye?

Blows me away how childish some people can be.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: 212x3003.jpg]

He already has taken them there.

Once because he caught fire in the playoffs one year.

What has he shown to say that he can do it again?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You posted that 23 minutes after you posted your theory.

Am I supposed to wait by the computer for every post you make so I can reply in the blink of an eye?

Blows me away how childish some people can be.

Obviously you missed the joke.

Either that or you were just misunderstood.

I'm not sure.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once because he caught fire in the playoffs one year.

Last year if his defense didn't implode against the Patriots for one. You know with his 114 rating against the Steelers and 94 rating against the Pats, while scoring 30+.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:54 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Not to mention you just had a direct Brad quote in yours at first.

His sigs haven't been quotes from me and Fred to poke fun at us, but they're full fledged attacks on us that people get to read again every single time he posts. It's really bordering on absurd and I have no idea why he hasn't been dealt with yet.

Hopefully he realizes that he's dealing with someone that's much more witty and funny than he is, and if this is the kind of fight he wants, he's in for quite the treat. I'm giving him a bit more time to cool down and realize he should take that out, but this could get ugly quick if he doesn't ThumbsUp

No, my sigs are so people like you and Fred don't make me repeat the same things over and over again.

And, yes, it's to poke fun at how you can call me a troll when you yourself are a troll.

Rather hilarious actually.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once because he caught fire in the playoffs one year.

Putting 30 points up on the North Division champs and doing the against Super Bowl champs last January?

I'm glad you don't have an actual argument other than "well, he can't do it twice!1!!!!!!!"

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 03:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No, my sigs are so people like you and Fred don't make me repeat the same things over and over again.

And, yes, it's to poke fun at how you can call me a troll when you yourself are a troll.

Rather hilarious actually.

Okay, well you better turn your Speak & Spell notifications to let you know when I post so you can promptly respond. Get with it, dork.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 07:22 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I'm happy with 9 seems bout right. Just need to come out and bust other teams in the mouth. Let Hill do his thing. Let teams tack box worried about Hill, then hit Eifert up the seam or grenn,jones Sanu down field 

I think it moved!!
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote

One time is all it takes Brad. I guarantee, if Andy got hot in the playoffs and we won a Super Bowl, you would treat him like he walks on water, say how much of a beast he is, and how pumped you are that he's our QB

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 03:24 PM)Bryan Wrote:  if Andy got hot in the playoffs

LMAO
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I asked him, but good to see you fighting his battles where he obviously can't.

Steve Smith is now a year older and, at 36, how long do you think he can keep producing?  

Wide receiver has become a difficult position to transfer to the NFL from college, but you think Perriman can just step-in and produce at the same level as Torrey did?  Torrey had 11 touchdowns last year and 767 yards, which isn't too shabby.  Not to mention that losing Owen Daniels, as I mentioned, will make it more difficult.  

Ngata- he had his highest PFF grade last season.  Just because another Ravens player had a better season, doesn't mean that someone else can magically come in and produce the same as Ngata.  Jernigan is good, but, same as having Brandon Williams, it doesn't just magically make losing Ngata not matter.

Agree with McPhee and I already mentioned Daniels.

Flacco is overrated and can show flares, but he's just not the consistent, top tiered quarterback that can carry them where they want to go.

I have been pretty objective, and, even with your optimistic objectivity, I'm still struggling to see how anyone can have them ranked that high.

Would you like to learn how to definitavely call someone out on their bullshit? Well, luckily I'm here to teach a free lesson!

See the bolded statement above you just made? Let me show you another post you made. 

bradfitz Wrote: Wide receiver is the easiest position to transition to the NFL (as I stated in the post your replied to, and even you mentioned)

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Our-TE-s-Eifert-Kroft-Uzomah?pid=31723#pid31723

You said this on post #24. 

Just to further refute your point let me show you AJ Green, Julio Jones, OBJ, Watkins, Evans, Benjamin, Hopkins, Blackmon, etc. Most of these guys are more recent with last year being the best year, yet you say it's becoming harder?

It is so weird to hear you say how easy it is for TEs to transition, but can't show me one player who reached 600 yards. Yet, you say it is hard for WRs (well, after you said the exact opposite a week ago) to transition and all of these players played great as rookies. 

Edit: Can anyone explain why that link isn't working as a hyperlink? I don't want to have to make people go through the process of copy/paste to see Brad talking out of both ends. They should be able to just click.
Reply/Quote
Uh-oh, did Brad just get "called out on his bullshit"?!

I can see it now.

"IT WAS JUST A MISUNDERSTANDING!!!!" - Brad Fritz via

[Image: th?id=JN.2MnLyejICSUcELuTSNPFJw&pid=15.1&P=0]
Reply/Quote
Oh snap!
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: fd70948dcffc9c927ca5e532432c49bb.jpg]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote