Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Mock Draft: Bengals take Baker Mayfield
(12-13-2017, 07:24 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Im done with Bengals fans ,I won't be back here,I'll stick to goodberry on twitter . But people on these boards and Facebook are complete idiots. All you hear here is we need to draft 3 o lineman back to back. And people saying they'd take blandy over Mayfield.  By skill alone Mayfield blows blandy away. We will never win with dalton point blank , he's a waste of years on everyone's life except for his worshippers that just love to see the guy throw.
Promises promises.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 07:24 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Im done with Bengals fans ,I won't be back here,I'll stick to goodberry on twitter . But people on these boards and Facebook are complete idiots. All you hear here is we need to draft 3 o lineman back to back. And people saying they'd take blandy over Mayfield. By skill alone Mayfield blows blandy away. We will never win with dalton point blank , he's a waste of years on everyone's life except for his worshippers that just love to see the guy throw.

Bye turnip.... Us idiots will miss you.

BTW... Baker Mayfield is douche. Johnny Football 2.0... Fiery and passionate? Gimme a break.

Edit: You know that lil green ball next to your username? That let's all of us see that you're still here. It's a bad look to call everyone an idiot, claim you won't be back, and then linger.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 07:24 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Im done with Bengals fans ,I won't be back here,I'll stick to goodberry on twitter . But people on these boards and Facebook are complete idiots. All you hear here is we need to draft 3 o lineman back to back. And people saying they'd take blandy over Mayfield.  By skill alone Mayfield blows blandy away. We will never win with dalton point blank , he's a waste of years on everyone's life except for his worshippers that just love to see the guy throw.

Man, if you like Baker Mayfield i just might have to change my mind on him...

Dude might be the next Johnny Fartball lmao

Mayfield would be no better than Dalton with this O-line, would like to see Mayfield behind a poor O-line.

Dalton behind a decent O-line in 2015 was easily a top 5 QB in the NFL and was pushing for MVP before the injury.
Reply/Quote

Wouldn't that be back to back to back?

I agree with your premise, just not your delivery. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I kinda like Mason Rudolph but looking around, it seems like I might be the only one. Nobody has him higher than a second rounder and some go as low as 5.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Listen bro, my opinion is that you're too hard on Dalton, but that's just my opinion. Like you, I'm willing to move on from Dalton, I just want it to be for someone better. The knocks on Mayfield are the exact same knocks that you have used in attacking Dalton. That's what makes this argument funny. You've knocked Dalton's pocket presence and happy feet. What's one of the biggest question marks on Mayfield? Poor pocket presence and happy feet. You've called Dalton out for tipped passes. Mayfield is shorter than Dalton which is going to be the exact same problem with batted passes. You talk about Dalton's weak arm and poor deep ball. Mayfield has a weak arm which is going to cause issues with the deep ball.

If you want Dalton replaced, look for guys who are strong in the areas he's weak. Mayfield does look like a good QB, but why go through the growing pains of a rookie QB who has the some questions around him as the veteran you want to throw him away for? That's what I'm saying. If we can get a QB better than Dalton, I have no problem going forward with that. I just don't want to replace him simply to replace him.

You're getting way too bent out of shape on this. It's just a message board. I don't agree with a lot of what you say, but I don't get upset, take it personal, or leave the forums because of it. There's plenty of room for all of our opinions. It's better to have a variety of opinions because it would get awfully boring if we all just said the same thing. Just take it down a notch and relax. Everyone isn't going to agree with you, but that doesn't mean you can't share your opinion or that it isn't wanted or allowed here.
Reply/Quote
Mayfield is an extremely accurate deep ball thrower, is very accurate rolling out of the pocket and adjusting to broken plays.
I'm not sure where you guys are all getting your information from, but he can do back-foot throws accurately for 50-60 yards.
Watch his tape.

PFF grades him as the best in the last 2 years to come out of the NCAA.

Yea yea yea, he's a little cocky, but what do you expect from a guy that was a walk on. No one really recruited him out of HS, he has a chip on his shoulder, is highly competitive and flat out doesn't like to lose. Also he's not even close to being a Manziel. He's pulled a couple of dumb stunts, but the locker room is his to command. Manziel didn't have that, Manziel was about Manziel.
Reply/Quote
I could see Mike Brown making that pick. David Klingler, Akili Smith, and now... Baker Mayfield.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 08:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Mayfield is an extremely accurate deep ball thrower, is very accurate rolling out of the pocket and adjusting to broken plays.
I'm not sure where you guys are all getting your information from, but he can do back-foot throws accurately for 50-60 yards.
Watch his tape.

PFF grades him as the best in the last 2 years to come out of the NCAA.

Yea yea yea, he's a little cocky, but what do you expect from a guy that was a walk on. No one really recruited him out of HS, he has a chip on his shoulder, is highly competitive and flat out doesn't like to lose. Also he's not even close to being a Manziel. He's pulled a couple of dumb stunts, but the locker room is his to command. Manziel didn't have that, Manziel was about Manziel.

Because all any of the people posting about him know is that he got in trouble for being caught talking shit to a team/fans that were talking shit to him. I've watched most of the OU games over the past few years and Baker Mayfield is nothing like Manziel personality wise at all. He's highly accurate and makes plays Dalton would never be able to. Mayfield throws a tight, sharp throw whether hes in the pocket, on the run, or throwing off his back foot. Most importantly, he actually keeps his deep throws in bounds. He's a very smart, gutsy, drew brees/rodgers esque player but idk if I'd pick him before the second or third round. 

If you watch the games, at least once a game he comes up hobbling and is slightly injured. I worry in the NFL when the people are even bigger and stronger he won't be able to last. 

Also, to those people saying Manziel was a bust; the dude has an addiction problem so we have no idea what he would have done given he actually cared about aging football. One thing someone will never say about Baker Mayfield is that he doesn't live and die football. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think he's the classic athletic QB who does great in college but the skillset won't translate to the Pros.
Really you look around the league and what is successful...and it's not guys like Jackson. The QB's that run are almost all 6 foot 4, 240 lb guys that look like RB's with the exception of Rodgers...but he's very accurate.

What about the rookie Watson in Houston? His game seems similar to Jackson's, and he was having a nice season until his injury. Personally, I prefer Jackson over Mayfield. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:50 PM)Fullrock Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-select-qb-baker-mayfield-to-replace-andy-dalton/

I don't see anyway in hell that happens since it doesn't appear anyone in management of this organization thinks it's time to move on from Dalton.
I would do it in a heartbeat. Mikey and his DNA cluster will NOT.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:23 PM)BMK Wrote: And on yet another mock draft report:

9. CINCINNATI BENGALS (5-8): LAMAR JACKSON, QUARTERBACK, LOUISVILLE
The Marvin Lewis/Andy Dalton era in Cincinnati has to be over. It just has to. The duo hasn’t done anything of consequence. Ever. It’s time for new blood. And there’s no better way to change the team’s outlook that bringing in a playmaker like Lamar Jackson. He’s not a running quarterback. He’s an amazing passer who can also run, better than many running backs. Team him up with Joe Mixon, A.J. Green and, yes, John Ross, and you’ll have something special.

Some aren't even projecting him as a QB in the NFL, whoever mocked this one should stick to drawing comics....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Put me down on the pass on Mayfield bunch.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 10:03 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: What about the rookie Watson in Houston? His game seems similar to Jackson's, and he was having a nice season until his injury. Personally, I prefer Jackson over Mayfield. 

The only similarity between Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson is that they're both black.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 11:13 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The only similarity between Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson is that they're both black.

Both their last names end in son
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Yes please.

Reply/Quote
I like this mock draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm trying to keep an open mind about replacing Andy, in case a new coach wants to do so, but I keep seeing reports like this:

Is this the guy who ran from got speared by police and points at his crotch on the field?

Hilarious  Ikr? I mean the dude can't even shake and evade a slow police officer?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:03 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Hilarious  Ikr? I mean the dude can't even shake and evade a slow police officer?

Lord have mercy....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't see the point of drafting a QB high when we have Dalton personally. To me Dalton has shown he isn't the problem here. We have too many other glaring needs that need to be addressed before even thinking about getting a QB. To put a rookie behind this line would be a huge mistake IMO. The only way I would be OK drafting a QB early is if the guy was an obvious star, which I don't personally see one in this draft. Give Dalton a good line and he will pick teams apart.
Reply/Quote