Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHARGERS are On The Clock
RD 1 PK 1 TENNESSEE TITANS- LAREMY TUNSIL/ OT
RD 1 PK 2 CLEVELAND BROWNS- CARSON WENTZ/ QB

RD 1 PK 3 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Replacing Weddle at safety is a big worry, as Dwight Lowery can't be expected to match that level of performance. The Chargers also could seek out more corner depth. But the biggest concerns appear to be along both lines, with finding more offensive line talent (especially at tackle) and impact defensive linemen crucial elements on their to-do list.

JALEN RAMSEY/DB http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jalen-ramsey?id=2555280
Press -cover corner with disruptive length to fluster receivers and the makeup speed/leaping ability to stymie downfield attacks. Ramsey made more plays on the ball from the slot last year, but his ability to jam and trail receivers limited playmaking opportunities this year. Ramsey has all-¬pro potential and traits.

DEFOREST BUCKNER/DE http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/deforest-buckner?id=2555275
Buckner has the body type of a classic 3-¬4 defensive end who can control the point of attack with length and power, but he has above average pass rush potential for that position which figures to push him into the early stages of round one. Buckner has similar power to former teammate Arik Armstead, but is a much better pass rusher and has a chance to become a dominant force in the NFL.

JOEY BOSA/DE http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/joey-bosa?id=2555249
Body beautiful college end who has the talent and upside to play with a hand down or standing in the pros. Bosa might not have the pure edge speed to be an elite pass rusher, but his hand usage and ability to generate push as a bull-rusher should make him a very good 4-3 base end or a 3-¬4 outside linebacker. Bosa has a few more flaws than some may be willing to admit and his upside might be good rather than great, but his traits and growth potential as a player make him a safe selection.

RONNIE STANLEY/OT http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ronnie-stanley?id=2555204
Three-year starter with the outstanding foot quickness and pass protection talent expected from an early round left tackle prospect. While Stanley’s core power is still a concern, he showed improved strength and run blocking prowess this year and should be ready to come in and start right away for a team looking to protect a high-­end quarterback.

KEANU NEAL/SS http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/keanu-neal?id=2555543
Neal started the year off with a hamstring issue that slowed him down and caused some uneven tape at times, but his size, athleticism and hitting are the best in this draft. Neal isn't limited to simple box tasks even though he thrives there. He has all the makings of an early starter and may hear his name called earlier than some might project.

A'SHAWN ROBINSON http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ashawn-robinson?id=2555265
His size and overall talent level will have NFL teams drooling and projecting him along any and all defensive fronts, but his film might leave them hungry for more. Robinson is a projection-­oriented two-­gapper who can step in right away and help plug holes in a leaky run defense. If Robinson can improve his leverage issues and pass rushing, he has all-­pro potential; however, he’s not a sure thing to become a star.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
WOW Neal even being mentioned in the 1st round is ridiculous let alone the 3rd pick in the draft? really? they'll take Ramsey here with DL being so deep this year.
Reply/Quote
Bosa or Ramsey. I think they'll help the d line with Bosa
Reply/Quote
Buckner or Bosa. Seems like Buckner fits in better.
Reply/Quote
No Myles Jack?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 01:59 PM)3wt Wrote: No Myles Jack?

SD actually has a good young LB corps. When you are with the 3rd pick, you don't have the luxury of drafting at a position that is one of your few bright spots.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 12:41 PM)pulses Wrote: WOW Neal even being mentioned in the 1st round is ridiculous let alone the 3rd pick in the draft? really?  they'll take Ramsey here with DL being so deep this year.

Neal will come off the Boards earlier than expected. #3 is pushing it, but he might be the best pure Safety in this draft.

Reply/Quote
I went with Buckner. Yes, Ramsey is extremely talented but their defensive tackle position is dreadful.

Plus, they have Verrett and Flowers, signed Casey Hayward and Dwight Lowery. They have a secondary, and have literally no good defensive tackles. Zero.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Chargers need OL badly help so they i think they go that direction But a big DT can be in the picture as well
Reply/Quote
I went with Buckner.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Buckner has all the makings if a top 3 pick. He is a special athlete.
Reply/Quote
Their O-line has been a shit show for years now. If they want to keep Rivers healthy, it's time to get a true LT. They'll take Stanley.
Reply/Quote
Lots of good options, explains why they're reportedly looking to trade down.
Reply/Quote
Stanley and Ramsey are definately on their thoughts along with Bosa but i think they would go with Buckner
here and get an athletic badazz DT which they need badly. They also need to protect Rivers but i think they
will go with an OT after going with the more talented player in the first.
Reply/Quote
Buckner
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 02:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Neal will come off the Boards earlier than expected. #3 is pushing it, but he might be the best pure Safety in this draft.

Well  maybe the best pure safety is currently getting a 6-7 round grade.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 02:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: SD actually has a good young LB corps. When you are with the 3rd pick, you don't have the luxury of drafting at a position that is one of your few bright spots.

Makes sense. 

He'd still be in the discussion for me, he's a rare LB.  But Ramsey makes more sense in terms of the quality of the player and their team needs.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 08:04 AM)pulses Wrote: Well  maybe the best pure safety is currently getting a 6-7 round grade.

I suppose that depends on who is doing the grading. Here's what the Godfather says about Neal:

Keanu Neal, SS, Florida: Neal (6-0 1/2, 211, 4.62) is ultra-athletic and strong; he had a 38-inch vertical jump, an 11-foot broad jump and 17 bench lifts last month at the NFL Scouting Combine. He has coverage ability. A good pro-day workout on Tuesday could possibly get him into the bottom of the first round.

FWIW, Neal looked great at his Pro Day. You might want to tell whoever is giving him a 6-7 rounds grade to lay off the crackpipe. Hell you give me Neal in the 2nd and I would be happy.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 10:34 AM)3wt Wrote: Makes sense. 

He'd still be in the discussion for me, he's a rare LB.  But Ramsey makes more sense in terms of the quality of the player and their team needs.

oh believe me; I wouldn't blame them if they called his name.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose that depends on who is doing the grading. Here's what the Godfather says about Neal:

Keanu Neal, SS, Florida: Neal (6-0 1/2, 211, 4.62) is ultra-athletic and strong; he had a 38-inch vertical jump, an 11-foot broad jump and 17 bench lifts last month at the NFL Scouting Combine. He has coverage ability. A good pro-day workout on Tuesday could possibly get him into the bottom of the first round.

FWIW, Neal looked great at his Pro Day. You might want to tell whoever is giving him a 6-7 rounds grade to lay off the crackpipe. Hell you give me Neal in the 2nd and I would be happy.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/FS

STRENGTHS: Looks the part with a developed physique and long arms. Highly physical and aggressive tackler, using his length to hit, lift and drive. Plays with violence and anger, exploding through his hips and striking with authority.

Smooth athlete for his size and controls his momentum well in space. Consistent play speed, showing functional range. Attacks alleys and flows well with the action, never playing bored. Tough player and fights through pain. Productive junior season, averaging 8.7 tackles per start in 2015.

WEAKNESSES: One-speed athlete and doesn't play with much burst. Physical striker, but doesn't consistently square up his target, break down in motion or wrap to finish. Wild angles and takes wasted steps vs. the run and in coverage.

Streaky take-on technique and late to separate from blocks. Makes it too easy for receivers to block him in the open field. Struggles to anticipate, biting on fakes.

Needs to see things a tick faster to be more of a reliable playmaker. Eyes stuck in the backfield, allowing spacing from his coverage responsibilities. Marginal spatial awareness and tends to play with tunnel vision. Durability concerns, missing seven starts the last two seasons.

IN OUR VIEW: While he showed improvements in the deep half of the field in coverage, he is best known as an eraser downhill, playing with violent intentions and looking to lay the wood. Neal enjoys contact and is a physical striker, but needs mechanical work as too many of his tackle attempts are off balance due to streaky angles.

He might be able to start down the road in the NFL, but requires time to improve his discipline as he doesn't have the athleticism to make up for wasted steps. Neal will be a special teams demon due to his relentless nature while competing for snaps on defense.

--Dane Brugler (1/11/16)

Sounds like a safety who needs time to develop instead of 1 of the best pure safeties in the draft.
Reply/Quote