Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN doxxing again - this time it's a grandma Facebooker
A CNN producer scrolled Facebook, found a post from a Russian bot, dug through a list of people who shared it, tracked down one of the people and showed up in her driveway to tell her she colluded with Russia.

The 70 year old lady explains how she held local meetings attended by Trump supporters and uses Facebook to plan those meetings. CNN responds by telling her she was actually communicating electronically with Russians.

What was CNN even hoping to accomplish by doing an ambush interview on an old lady standing in her front yards?

In regards to my title, you my recall CNN threatening to dox a Reddit user who made a meme that Trump shared on Twitter a few weeks after it went viral. CNN specifically threatened to reveal his identity on their network if he makes any more meme making fun of CNN - which suggests they are actively monitoring the content he posts on Reddit for the foreseeable future.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Pathetic

Does CNN have nothing better to do than chase down old ladies and dig in the garbage bins of Russians..... what a joke.

And I agree no doubt CNN is monitoring reddit. And probably more
This woman was never trying to keep her identity a secret.

I don't see this as a valid comparison.
(02-21-2018, 08:45 PM)6andcounting Wrote: What was CNN even hoping to accomplish by doing an ambush interview on an old lady standing in her front yards?

Pretty clear to me.  They wanted to prove how Trump supporters either deny or don't care about the truth.
(02-21-2018, 09:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pretty clear to me.  They wanted to prove how Trump supporters either deny or don't care about the truth.

They could have done that without picking on a random old lady in her front yard, yet they went out of their way to do it this way. 
She just found out she was doing what she thought Hillary and her Bandits (I call that for my band name) had been doing for all these years.

She's probably crushed
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Pretty low.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

So what?

Lady got conned by Russians and helped them accomplish their goal.

Id be mad if it was fake or they were lying.

Showing average citizens they just got scammed by an unfriendly foreign government isnt a bad thing. Especially when they are still unknowing pawns that would do it again.

Take off your Trump everything thats not nice to me is bad shades and come to terms with the reality of the situation.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Picture it. Sicily, 1942.

The Allies had just beaten Erwin Rommel all across northern Africa. He'd taken it in the tuchus in Tunisia and was looking to perk up his Panzers in Italy. Mussolini was on his way out and ol' Adolph what's-his-name was looking to get the good folks of Sicily to trade in their meatballs for bratwurst. Ol' Adolph what's-his-name was pretty smart. He knew after Freddo Santucci bought one of those defective German cars that no self respecting Sicilian would ever... EVER... trust another kraut-eater.

So Ol' Adolph what's-his-name brought in the Latsis sisters to work handing out fliers. Agatha Latsis — she looked like the front end of a pig and smelled like the back — went around posting these fliers everywhere talking about how great ol' Mussolini was and how we should stick with our despot. She even came up with a slogan: Benito for me-o, bullets for Badolglio!

It was great! Suckers ate it up. Pretty soon, thanks to duping those Latsis sisters, Ol' Adolph what's-his-name had all sorts of clueless suckers working for him. They couldn't print fliers up fast enough for people to post!

Mellow

Now... think about what Russia has been doing. They've been using American citizens, businesses and even possibly elected officials to wage a propaganda war. If this was 1943, that old lady wouldn't just some gullible sucker, she'd be a sympathizer of a foreign power who is attacking our country. The fact that she's an idiot and that some people are really keen on totalitarianism these days seems to trump the fact that this is a significant problem. Unless people here really want the last 10 years worth of shit to keep making the same downward trajectory.

Have some pride in your country. Call out ignorant tool boxes when they're ignorant tool boxes (although, not if they're a fellow Bengals fan, then just politely ask them to stop standing for the anthem).

I'm not a fan of CNN (or any partisan news source). But if they're the only ones who are going to call out people for actively taking part — knowingly or otherwise — in spreading misinformation and propaganda spread by people without the best interests of the US in mind, then kudos to them.
If CNN rolled up on me and was like

"Did you know you shared a post from a Russian troll farm?"

I'd be like

"No shit? Whoops"

End of interview
(02-22-2018, 04:00 AM)Benton Wrote: I'm not a fan of CNN (or any partisan news source). But if they're the only ones who are going to call out people for actively taking part — knowingly or otherwise — in spreading misinformation and propaganda spread by people without the best interests of the US in mind, then kudos to them.

They called out a random old lady for sharing a pro Trump meme, but have dedicated basically no air time whatsoever to the fact that these same Russian trolls organized pro Bernie online groups and even put together the "not my president" protest outside of Trump Tower attended by Micheal Moore. They had an opportunity to discuss everything the Russian trolls did, instead they only used it as an opportunity to attack an old lady for supporting Trump. They're not really acting in the best interest of the USA as a whole when they are being partisan. 
(02-22-2018, 04:00 AM)Benton Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

True story, despite playing Dorothy's mom, she was the youngest of all of the Golden Girls actresses.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-22-2018, 08:49 AM)6andcounting Wrote: They called out a random old lady for sharing a pro Trump meme, but have dedicated basically no air time whatsoever to the fact that these same Russian trolls organized pro Bernie online groups and even put together the "not my president" protest outside of Trump Tower attended by Micheal Moore. They had an opportunity to discuss everything the Russian trolls did, instead they only used it as an opportunity to attack an old lady for supporting Trump. They're not really acting in the best interest of the USA as a whole when they are being partisan. 

Yea CNN is terrible.
(02-22-2018, 04:00 AM)Benton Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Picture it. Sicily, 1942.

The Allies had just beaten Erwin Rommel all across northern Africa. He'd taken it in the tuchus in Tunisia and was looking to perk up his Panzers in Italy. Mussolini was on his way out and ol' Adolph what's-his-name was looking to get the good folks of Sicily to trade in their meatballs for bratwurst. Ol' Adolph what's-his-name was pretty smart. He knew after Freddo Santucci bought one of those defective German cars that no self respecting Sicilian would ever... EVER... trust another kraut-eater.

So Ol' Adolph what's-his-name brought in the  Latsis sisters to work handing out fliers. Agatha Latsis — she looked like the front end of a pig and smelled like the back — went around posting these fliers everywhere talking about how great ol' Mussolini was and how we should stick with our despot. She even came up with a slogan: Benito for me-o, bullets for Badolglio!

It was great! Suckers ate it up. Pretty soon, thanks to duping those Latsis sisters, Ol' Adolph what's-his-name had all sorts of clueless suckers working for him. They couldn't print fliers up fast enough for people to post!

Mellow

Now... think about what Russia has been doing. They've been using American citizens, businesses and even possibly elected officials to wage a propaganda war. If this was 1943, that old lady wouldn't just some gullible sucker, she'd be a sympathizer of a foreign power who is attacking our country. The fact that she's an idiot and that some people are really keen on totalitarianism these days seems to trump the fact that this is a significant problem. Unless people here really want the last 10 years worth of shit to keep making the same downward trajectory.

Have some pride in your country. Call out ignorant tool boxes when they're ignorant tool boxes (although, not if they're a fellow Bengals fan, then just politely ask them to stop standing for the anthem).

I'm not a fan of CNN (or any partisan news source). But if they're the only ones who are going to call out people for actively taking part — knowingly or otherwise — in spreading misinformation and propaganda spread by people without the best interests of the US in mind, then kudos to them.

First I love the Golden Girls...well written and funny.  But I'm a Bea Arthur fan because of Maude and All in the Family.

I digress...

While what you say is true it doesn't matter to Trump supporters and/or people on the right.  They have to have a way to defend what happened.  So, in this case, CNN went after some "poor old lady".  Next time it will be because they didn't cover something else instead.  We live in the age of diversion.  Just keep attacking a small part of the larger story until everyone forgets what the original story was about.

And the rubes and bots will spread that far and wide before the sane people get their phones on in the morning.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-22-2018, 04:21 AM)treee Wrote: If CNN rolled up on me and was like

"Did you know you shared a post from a Russian troll farm?"

I'd be like

"No shit? Whoops"

End of interview

I imagine this happened to the multiple others they ambushed before this elderly lady. No way this was there only bite at the apple.
(02-22-2018, 08:49 AM)6andcounting Wrote: They called out a random old lady for sharing a pro Trump meme, but have dedicated basically no air time whatsoever to the fact that these same Russian trolls organized pro Bernie online groups and even put together the "not my president" protest outside of Trump Tower attended by Micheal Moore. They had an opportunity to discuss everything the Russian trolls did, instead they only used it as an opportunity to attack an old lady for supporting Trump. They're not really acting in the best interest of the USA as a whole when they are being partisan. 

Fix and breotbart have that covered (I’m guessing, I don’t keep up with any of the three). Partisan news is partisan news, at least they’re getting to the heart of the issue. And no, it’s not Russia, it’s dumb people. Dumb people are the root of most evil. CNN being garbage is irrelevant, at least they’re addressing their end of the bin.
Just like I predicted. Trump fans bashing CNN while refusing to acknowledge how this fellow trump fan denies reality.

CNN doesn't put out fake news. You want Trump news referred by some as Fox news for alternative news. ThumbsUp
(02-22-2018, 06:04 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: CNN doesn't put out fake news. You want Trump news referred by some as Fox news for alternative news. ThumbsUp

Fox News is a progressive news channel. There is nothing conservative over there.

Mark Levin’s weekend Show is the closest.
(02-22-2018, 09:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fox News is a progressive news channel. There is nothing conservative over there.

Mark Levin’s weekend Show is the closest.

Well, Fox News is the current right-wing state media. I agree that Trump is anything but a conservative, and since Fox News is just nothing but pro-Trump, they aren't really conservative, either. But progressive they are not.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR