Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CTB
(11-28-2022, 01:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No no no no no....... Vonn Bell must be retained at all costs. He's the heart of the defensive backfield. And his hit on JSS let the world know these aren't your daddy's Bengals.

Don't get me wrong, hope to definitely keep Bell.

but he is a FA and that keeps it in question until he is inked on the dotted line.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
CTB definitely has that "it" factor. I look forward to watching him progress. Gonna be a natural in the AFCN with his physicality.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2022, 02:43 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep getting tired of watching Bates chase WR's into the end zone 7 yards behind them. 

Dude needs to step up and make some plays this week. 

This has to be the game.  They will need him at his absolute best.  That being said, if there was ever a game where we were going to see more Dax Hill and have Bell at LB, this is it.  
Reply/Quote
We'll see him plenty against KC for sure. Kelce is a giant so you need some big guys in the secondary to tackle him.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2022, 12:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Thinking CTB can be a Pro Bowl-caliber FS is not "giving up on him".

He may very well become a great CB, but when I see that size and mentality, I think FS.

Isn't that supposed to be Dax Hill's future starting position once Bates leaves?

But yeah, I see that with CTB, he looks like a big Corner that tackles like a sumbitch. Could really fit at FS or even SS
if we needed him to. Have to bring back Vonn Bell though.
Reply/Quote
Bump

I keep saying it, but this kid is improving every week. Thought he did a great job against Mahomes today. He was soooo close to getting that pick.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 01:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bump

I keep saying it, but this kid is improving every week. Thought he did a great job against Mahomes today. He was soooo close to getting that pick.

Interested to see how he graded out.. hard to tell from being at the game. 

Only play I recall at the moment is a 3rd and 4 where he gave up 5 yards. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 01:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bump

He was and probably should have had it but gave great effort regardless. Even on the long one he gave up he could not have defended it much better.

Kid is definitely a gamer and making up for lost time quickly. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if I said this in this thread but he reminds me of Auwzie. Athletic and very Physical.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I love bates, I truly think that's one of our strengths that's frustrates mahomes (the safety tandem) two very smart,athletic and highly intelligent safeties..people will understand bates worth when he's gone and that's sad..
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 01:24 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I love bates, I truly think that's one of our strengths that's frustrates mahomes (the safety tandem) two very smart,athletic and highly intelligent safeties..people will understand bates worth when he's gone and that's sad..

Yes but he isn't worth what he's looking for. Sadly that is the name of the game. 

Extremely solid safety that doesn't cause turnovers or has flashy plays. But wants top 3 money... hard sell. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 01:24 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I love bates, I truly think that's one of our strengths that's frustrates mahomes (the safety tandem) two very smart,athletic and highly intelligent safeties..people will understand bates worth when he's gone and that's sad..

What does this have to do with a CTB thread?

Reply/Quote

I'm not sure anyone thinks he's a bad player but he's not a top 5 safety. And he's certainly not worth #1 safety in the NFL money like he wanted going into this season. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 01:20 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Interested to see how he graded out.. hard to tell from being at the game. 

Only play I recall at the moment is a 3rd and 4 where he gave up 5 yards. 

He had a chance to make a number of big plays, but didn't come up with any of them.  Could have had a pick.  Had a shot to make a tackle on both KC TD runs, as well as not being able to get JuJu down short of a key 1st down early.  

Not going to bag on the kid too hard, as he's a rookie and technically a backup, but he had a bad night tackling, which has been one of his strong suits to this point.
Reply/Quote
Too bad we didn’t recover the Mahomes fumble. I swear CTB knocked that ball loose before he crossed the plane. Kid has forced 2 fumbles in as many weeks.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still don’t think the Mahomes rushing TD should have counted. I swear CTB knocked that ball loose before he crossed the plane. Kid has forced 2 fumbles in as many weeks.

KC recovered, iirc.  Didn't make a difference either way.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:18 AM)Whatever Wrote: KC recovered, iirc.  Didn't make a difference either way.  

True. Still a nice play to knock it out.

Reply/Quote
That play angered the Hell out of me because I called it. When I saw the LBs drop into the end zone, I knew that it was coming and screamed "NOOOOOOOOO! KEEP A SPY NEAR THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!! HE'S GONNA R . . . "as he took off running for the end zone.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 01:53 AM)Whatever Wrote: He had a chance to make a number of big plays, but didn't come up with any of them.  Could have had a pick.  Had a shot to make a tackle on both KC TD runs, as well as not being able to get JuJu down short of a key 1st down early.  

Not going to bag on the kid too hard, as he's a rookie and technically a backup, but he had a bad night tackling, which has been one of his strong suits to this point.

Lol. That was a tremendous play by juju Smith and a great tackle by CTB. Do you understand how hard it is when an elite athlete like Smith catches a ball in stride and only has a yard or two to go and you got a safety that comes over and tackles them and almost forces him from getting that first down. It was a tremendous defensive play just to make it even that close.

Tremendous effort on the almost interception,too  but his own man hit him. My god do you watch any football? DB'S give up plays all game long as they're going against the greatest athletes on Earth let alone these guys on Kansas City that are almost impossible to cover with their speed and the looseness. 

Not to mention if you get physical or even lay a hand on any receivers anymore you get flagged for a pass interference or a hold.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 01:53 AM)Whatever Wrote: He had a chance to make a number of big plays, but didn't come up with any of them.  Could have had a pick.  Had a shot to make a tackle on both KC TD runs, as well as not being able to get JuJu down short of a key 1st down early.  

He is putting himself in position to make big plays, that's the most important thing. He will learn to finish. The fact that he is in on so many of these big plays is super encouraging. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote