Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California: Jail Time Possible For Pronoun Misuse
(10-17-2017, 01:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why? I always give a professional the courtesy.

I do not pretend with people who claim they are something they are not. For instance I do not call you Dr Belsnickel.

To the first, no, you do not. With relative frequency, you dismiss those that have the professional bonafides in favor of those that do not.

To the second, that is not your decision to make in a lot of the situations where you do not show common courtesy. Someone's identity is a personal thing, and you subjectively deciding they are or are not what they say they are isn't cool.
(10-17-2017, 01:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why? I always give a professional the courtesy.

I do not pretend with people who claim they are something they are not. For instance I do not call you Dr Belsnickel.

The irony here is astounding.
(10-17-2017, 03:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The irony here is astounding.

Ah yes you are the one who thinks I am Keyser Soze.
(10-17-2017, 04:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ah yes you are the one who thinks I am Keyser Soze.

You do realize Keyser Soze is a fictional character that spent the entire movie lying his ass off, right?
(10-19-2017, 10:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You do realize Keyser Soze is a fictional character that spent the entire movie lying his ass off, right?

Keyser Soze could be any man and anywhere. This fits perfectly since you think I am four different people.
(10-17-2017, 03:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Someone's identity is a personal thing, and you subjectively deciding they are or are not what they say they are isn't cool.

So calling someone a racist when says he or she is not is not cool? Good to know for future reference. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-19-2017, 03:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So calling someone a racist when says he or she is not is not cool? Good to know for future reference. ThumbsUp

If all you have to go on is subjective evidence, then no, it isn't cool. If their actions and behaviors could signal, objectively, that they are a racist, then go right on ahead.
(10-19-2017, 03:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Keyser Soze could be any man and anywhere. This fits perfectly since you think I am four different people.

Four, huh? Which four people do I think you are?
(10-19-2017, 04:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Four, huh? Which four people do I think you are?

No idea. I pay zero attention to you or your antics. You are the one who thinks I am everyone and anyone.
Honest question....when did pronouns become attached to gender rather than sex?

Merriam's defines "he" as:
that male one who is neither speaker nor hearer

and defines "male" as:
an individual of the sex that is typically capable of producing small, usually motile gametes (such as sperm or spermatozoa) which fertilize the eggs of a female
--------------------------------------------------------

(10-19-2017, 06:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No idea. I pay zero attention to you or your antics. You are the one who thinks I am everyone and anyone.

Really? If you don't pay attention to me or my antics then how do you know I think you are four people? Not three. Not five. But, specifically four people.

That's the kind of specificity you can only get by paying attention. Or fabricating the whole thing. So if you were paying attention to know I think you're four different people, then you lied about not paying attention. Conversely, if you weren't paying attention, then you lied about me thinking you are four different people. In this situation there is no scenario in which you didn't lie.
(10-12-2017, 10:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You respect those who put in the work.

Would it count as work, if the cashier chopped the hog ?

I vote "yes".
Commitment goes a long way with me.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
(10-19-2017, 07:39 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Would it count as work, if the cashier chopped the hog ?

I vote "yes".
Commitment goes a long way with me.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

If the cashier went all the way and Chopped the hog then I would certainly would not call it a he.

At least you can respect their dedication.
(10-19-2017, 07:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Really? If you don't pay attention to me or my antics then how do you know I think you are four people? Not three. Not five. But, specifically four people.

That's the kind of specificity you can only get by paying attention. Or fabricating the whole thing. So if you were paying attention to know I think you're four different people, then you lied about not paying attention. Conversely, if you weren't paying attention, then you lied about me thinking you are four different people. In this situation there is no scenario in which you didn't lie.

You need a life mate.
(10-19-2017, 08:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You need a life mate.

I have a life which is why I have posted half as much as you in twice the amount of time and I don't use fake British affectations like "mate."
(10-19-2017, 10:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I have a life which is why I have posted half as much as you in twice the amount of time and I don't use fake British affectations like "mate."

Yes you are definetly the only one who has posted almost all of your personal documents. Hope you have lifelock.

You are also the only person to hopelessly follow another poster on this board like a lost puppy.

You are our very own single white female of the Pnr board. Congratulations
(10-19-2017, 10:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes you are definetly the only one who has posted almost all of your personal documents. Hope you have lifelock.

You are also the only person to hopelessly follow another poster on this board like a lost puppy.

You are our very own single white female of the Pnr board. Congratulations

How the hell would you know ANY of that if you don't pay attention to me or my antics?
(10-19-2017, 08:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If the cashier went all the way and Chopped the hog then I would certainly would not call it a he.  

At least you can respect their dedication.

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-19-2017, 10:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How the hell would you know ANY of that if you don't pay attention to me or my antics?

It’s hard. You are about 80% of my alerts. 15% are Dino and Pat. And 5% are people trying to have a legitimate discussion.
(10-19-2017, 10:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s hard. You are about 80% of my alerts. 15% are Dino and Pat. And 5% are people trying to have a legitimate discussion.

Oh, so you have alerts which specifically draw your attention to me and my antics clearly indicating your previous statement you don't pay attention to me and my antics is another barefaced lie.