Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
California home of freebies for illegal immigrants
(02-07-2024, 10:09 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Yup, same here in NY.  I was one of the "annoyed" lol, as I was still slugging down the beers and smoking like a chimney.

In hindsight, I am very thankful they did that.

Same for me and Virginia. I used to smoke a ton. Cigars, cigarettes, pipes, I even worked in the tobacco industry. I haven't smoked anything in over a decade, now, and I used to smoke a pack of cigarettes plus 2-4 cigars a day.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 11:01 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Same for me and Virginia. I used to smoke a ton. Cigars, cigarettes, pipes, I even worked in the tobacco industry. I haven't smoked anything in over a decade, now, and I used to smoke a pack of cigarettes plus 2-4 cigars a day.

I was at a pack a day and if I went out drinking it could easily be 2.  I quit 16 years ago.  I remember my wife and I complaining that cigarettes were getting too expensive.  I think they were just starting to go over 3.00 a pack for Marb Reds.  Ha ha.

Quit alcohol 7-8 years ago.  Starting to lose track.  lol.  Two of the best decisions I ever made in my life!
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 01:03 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Are we?  It seems rather straight forward.

They get the same access to Medi-Cal that some Californians get.  I don't get free health care, my work has to pay for it, as do I.  Last I checked I'm an American citizen.  I am denied free health care.  Illegal immigrants are not.

No idea.  Seeing as I don't pay state taxes in any other state I can safely say that's immaterial to me.

Do you mean other than providing free health care to people who are in the country illegally?

Looks like I'm not going to get that level of specificity I was hoping for.

So nevermind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote