Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call The First Play
Just for fun, but I have a hope of what it will be and that will be my guess:

As sexy as it would be to say "Bomb to Ross!", I want the first play to be a very simple run to the RIGHT side of the line, with Boling pulling around. I think they went with Redmond and Hart because they have the sand in their pants to move guys and plow the field for Mixon. I think the first play will get 6 yards and will go right behind the right side of the line, with a pulling Boling leading the way and crushing the OLB.

Then, I hope they run it again, for six more yards.

Then, I hope they LINE UP like that again, only go play-action and air it out to Ross. (which he catches cleanly for a 60 yard TD...I had to put that, too).

God, would I love that...

What is your prediction?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 05:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just for fun, but I have a hope of what it will be and that will be my guess:

As sexy as it would be to say "Bomb to Ross!", I want the first play to be a very simple run to the RIGHT side of the line, with Boling pulling around.  I think they went with Redmond and Hart because they have the sand in their pants to move guys and plow the field for Mixon.  I think the first play will get 6 yards and will go right behind the right side of the line, with a pulling Boling leading the way and crushing the OLB.  

Then, I hope they run it again, for six more yards.  

Then, I hope they LINE UP like that again, only go play-action and air it out to Ross.  (which he catches cleanly for a 60 yard TD...I had to put that, too).

God, would I love that...

What is your prediction?

I say pass to Eifert.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Mixon off-tackle for 3 yards and a cloud of rubber pellets.
Reply/Quote
75 yard touchdown to Ross down the right side. Book it.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 05:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I say pass to Eifert.

^ This.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton pitch to Mixon for a sweep right. Mixon hands the ball to Ross on a reverse. Colts defense sniffs out the reverse and converge on Ross, but Dalton, instead of just rolling out of the play, has maintained lead pitch position so that just before Ross is tackled he can act like an option QB and pitch the ball to Dalton.

80 yd td run for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Kick off.... Deep Right

oh you mean when we are on offense?

15 yard slant to T Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 05:45 PM)Sweetness Wrote: 75 yard touchdown to Ross down the right side. Book it.

But really this is just what should of been and the ball sailed out of bounds. 
Reply/Quote
Dalton play action fakes to Mixon and then.......wait it is the old Statue of Liberty play to Ross sweeping around left for a big gain and right before getting tackled he pitches to Redman who after blocking his man on right side hurries down field just in time to receive pitch and scamper into end zone and twerks in celebration.

or

maybe just a 7 yard quick slant to Boyd.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'm going with the deep bomb to Ross. Gotta get that out there early, so defensive coordinators start planning on how to effectively cover Ross, which will eventually put AJ Green in a great one on one coverage matchup.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reverse to Ross
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Mixon to the 3 hole for a 2 yard gain.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Mixon up the middle for no gain.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Tunnel screen to Ross.
Reply/Quote
Play action pass, everyone covered deep, check it down to Joe Mixon, seven yards.
Reply/Quote
I definitely think it will be a play action pass. Ross will go deep, but he won't be open. That will, however, leave Mixon open over the right side for a 9 yard catch and run.
Reply/Quote
It will be a short pass to Gio for a gain of 18.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 08:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I definitely think it will be a play action pass. Ross will go deep, but he won't be open. That will, however, leave Mixon open over the right side for a 9 yard catch and run.

Won't be open?  You think teams will just start lining up in Punt Return formation?  What CB or S is going to win that footrace, on a 9 route versus Ross?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Get the best player on the field involved early.. quick out route for AJ
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 07:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Reverse to Ross

Sure hope he does not fumble it or he may never see the field again. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote