Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Calling it Now: Bengals, Bills & Hamlin
I know we have to win this weekend but when hearing the news this morning that Hamlin was released from the Buffalo hospital to go home, the cynic in me can easily see the Bills having Hamilin at the Bills-Bengals game should both teams make it to the division round. I am sure the Buffalo organization wouldn't stoop to such lows.....but I have a feeling.
Reply/Quote
Ok I'll bite, what is low about that?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:24 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I know we have to win this weekend but when hearing the news this morning that Hamlin was released from the Buffalo hospital to go home, the cynic in me can easily see the Bills having Hamilin at the Bills-Bengals game should both teams make it to the division round.  I am sure the Buffalo organization wouldn't stoop to such lows.....but I have a feeling.

Like you think he's going to play? There is zero chance that he plays. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Like you think he's going to play? There is zero chance that he plays. 

I think he meant he will attend the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:30 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: I think he meant he will attend the game.

That's what I am reading as well. What is so low about that? Letting your injured teammate, who is on IR by the way, come and watch the game? I am missing the point. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:32 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That's what I am reading as well. What is so low about that? Letting your injured teammate, who is on IR by the way, come and watch the game? I am missing the point. 

Ya, I don't understand the problem here.  I'd be more surprised if he wasn't there cheering his teammates on.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals would do the exact same thing as would every other team in the NFL.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok I'll bite, what is low about that?

I think half the forum has gone braindead since the Monday night game. So much constant whining, complaining, and victim playing. Been hard to spend much time here the past 2 weeks. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah not sure I get this one. So if Damar is healthy enough to attend a game and the Bills don't play the Bengals it is okay for him to be there. But if they play the Bengals it is somehow low or disrespectful for him to be there? That doesn't make sense to me. My impression is that most of the Bengals players are pretty decent people so my guess is that they would be glad to see Damar there and see his condition improving.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I imagine he will be at the Dolphins game as well.

It will give the Bills an energy boost but wouldn't we do the same thing if that happened to one of our guys.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If I were Hamlin and were able I would 100% be at the game, and he'll probably be in the owner's box because I doubt they will want his lungs in the cold air. That said, I'm also 100% all the Bengals players would love to see him and cheer him as well. I don't get it?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah not sure I get this one.  So if Damar is healthy enough to attend a game and the Bills don't play the Bengals it is okay for him to be there.   But if they play the Bengals it is somehow low or disrespectful for him to be there?  That doesn't make sense to me.  My impression is that most of the Bengals players are pretty decent people so my guess is that they would be glad to see Damar there and see his condition improving.

Right, the guy being OK makes it easier for us to crush the Bills and come off looking like a popular team, regardless...basically what we would have done had Damar given the thumbs up on his way off the field and the game would have continued.

Everything is set up for the Bengals to be able to beat the darling Bills and not look like total villains for doing it.  What more could we want?
Reply/Quote
I expect Bills Mafia to give the Bengals a thunderous applause..... and hopefully be quiet when we are on offense... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Why can't he go to the game?
Having him at the game might actually make the Bengals players feel good as well. I'm sure that was a very traumatic event for anyone that experienced it.
I hope he is there if you ask me.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:35 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ya, I don't understand the problem here.  I'd be more surprised if he wasn't there cheering his teammates on.

i dont think the bengals would have any issue with it either
Reply/Quote
Yeah, absolutely nothing low about this at all.

I, as a Cincinnati Bengals fan, would love to see Damar Hamlin in attendance at the potential Bengals @ Bills Divisional game. It'd mean the dude is doing well, and a lot of his friends/family in the Bills organisation would love to have him there. Would be a special moment for them and I'd be happy to see it. There's sometimes more to life than whether your favourite sports team wins or not.

And for the record, much as I'm sure a Hamlin attendance would fire the Bills up, I would never bet against Burrow and the Bengals in that kind of environment. Our guys are built for that.
Reply/Quote
How dare he attend a football game?!?!?!
Reply/Quote
He was already cheering the Bill's game last Sunday from the UC hospital. Cheering from the owners box will not be viewed as a problem by the physicians. For his UC doctors update on Monday:

"He watched the game yesterday. When the opening kickoff was run back, he jumped up and down, got out of his chair, set I think every alarm off in the ICU in the process, but he was fine. It was just the appropriate reaction to a very exciting play," Pritts revealed with a smile.

I imagine he will be at every game from now on out. I guess if Buffalo makes the Super Bowl it will give something for the media to talk about for the two week gap, since they run out of topics those two weeks. (Yeah, I thought it would be a one-week gap this year, because I was sure they would get the Bengals-Bills game in.)
Reply/Quote
By the way, if the Bengals and Bills do meet, it would be an appropriate Sunday night or Saturday night game. Would be a ratings bonanza.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If I were Hamlin and were able I would 100% be at the game, and he'll probably be in the owner's box because I doubt they will want his lungs in the cold air. That said, I'm also 100% all the Bengals players would love to see him and cheer him as well. I don't get it?

Sled and I agreeing on a lot lately.  I agree with this statement as well.  The Bengals were just as rocked as the Bills by why happened on the field last Monday.  I'd imagine it would give them a big boost to see Hamlin doing well and smiling. 

There seems to be this thought that guys can't play their best game unless they're angry and wanting to punish someone on the field.  I don't believe that's actually true, though.  Sure, the energy helps because it's a long game and motivation of any kind is good.  But motivation comes in many forms.  And focus and playing with focus is more important than playing because you hate the guts of the guy across from you.  They can be competitive, play hard and win while being happy about Hamlin and liking the Bills.  
Reply/Quote