Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Newton Pulling Race Card
(02-09-2016, 04:17 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The money sign.

Yeah and the money sign definitely drew as much media hype  Nervous
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 04:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea... Because the media covering the super bowl is a brand new thing. And nobody in America has followed the Super Bowl until this year. Nobody cared that the panthers almost went 16-0 either , that never gets any extra attention.

You dont be a grown ass man and wear designer tights unless you want some attention. And you dont dance around after every nice play you make unless you want the spotlight. He got the attention he wanted. 

Tebow didnt try to draw attention to himself. But he got it , and there were plenty of tebow bashers. Johnny Football tried to draw attention to himself and got it. Dalton hasnt begged for attention but he has been blasted on his whole career. Tannehill got plenty of heat this year. Cousins said you like that and instantly got the media treatment.

Cam was a QB that almost went 16-0 and made it to the super bowl all the while begging for the spotlight. If you cant see why that has earned him a little more coverage than a 96 manning story...  Well then i dont know what to tell you 

Pretty spot on. Those who crave the attention will get it, the good and the bad.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 04:21 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Yeah and the money sign definitely drew as much media hype  Nervous

Id say just as much, because of the hype that surrounded him when he first came in the league. This like that will flare out in a month or two.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:34 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Ok but let's compare apples to apples. I don't see Manziel criticism stemming from celebrations/sportsmanship. 

Comparing apples to apples: 

Cam's celebrations called unsportsmanlike and other QBs celebrations. 

I didn't say anything about race. I just see a discrepancy in how it's viewed. 

Actually Manziel was criticized for his "Money sign", and as I stated it is the persona of the player.. why should a QB be held to a different standard than others.  For example T. Owens faced criticism for his celebrations/sportsmanship.. Cam is not unique to this discussion except him being a QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:36 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Really?????!!!?

Manning caught some heat but not no where the same. And actually there was a lot of media defending it. Calling it "being competitive"

Well I have heard many on the media also defend Cam and his actions.. and now we have to try to compare the heat between players.. the point is.. Manning got heat also.. maybe not as much but again.. Cam and his persona puts him out there for more heat.. it has always been that way in sports.. 

Hell when i was growing up Pete Rose took a ton of crap from some in the media for the way he played and cared himself.

As I stated before, Cam is not unique.. there are many many past players in different sports that have faced the same heat as Cam... the bigger the stage the more the heat...  
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 04:22 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Pretty spot on. Those who crave the attention will get it, the good and the bad.

Didn't Peyton Manning look pretty bad for being in a commercial every 2 minutes while he was sitting on the sidelines, a broken and crappy QB who held on one season too long most of the year?
Reply/Quote
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/9/10950260/cam-newton-defends-sore-loser-super-bowl

Quote:Cam Newton spoke to the media on Tuesday, his first time doing so since cutting his postgame Super Bowl press conference short. He confidently shot back at all the criticisms being lobbed at him since the Panthers' disappointing 24-10 loss to the Broncos.

"Pretty much everything that people say about us is fluff," he said, via Black and Blue Review. "They say Cam's a thug, players on the team are classless."

"I've said it since day one: I am who I am, I know what I'm capable of and I know where I'm going," he later added, via WCCB Sports' Jeff Zell. "I don't have to conform to anyone else's wants. I'm not that guy. If you want me to be this type of person I'm not that and I'm happy to say that. I am my own person and I take pride in that."

Newton stood at his Panthers locker and answered questions about his lackluster Super Bowl performance, his fourth quarter fumble and his decision to not speak to the media after the game.

[Image: cam.jpg]

Panthers head coach Ron Rivera expressed a similar sentiment while speaking to the media afterward.

"I'd much rather have a guy who hates to lose than a guy who accepts it," he said. Rivera added that he and rest of the Panthers respect Newton and accept him for who he is, and lamented that Newton didn't had to speak to the press right after a loss.
"Time is probably the best thing," Rivera said. "In some circumstances maybe it'd be better to give people a bit more time to collect their thoughts and then their emotions."

Newton completed just 18 of his 41 passes on Sunday, for a total of 265 yards. He was also sacked six times and turned the ball over three times. Two of those turnovers came on fumbles, the second of which came late in the fourth quarter and became a controversial play. Replays appeared to show Newton electing not to dive for the ball despite it being within his grasp.

[Image: fraidycam.0.0.0.gif]

Newton was also lambasted by members of the Broncos defense, and fans and analysts, as well.
"I don't dive on one fumble because the way my leg was -- it could have been (contorted) in a way," Newton said, via the Charlotte Observer's Joe Person. "OK, you say my effort. I didn't dive down. I fumbled. That's fine. But we didn't lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that."

He added that he didn't care if other people accused him of quitting, as long as his Panthers teammates and coaches know that he didn't.
"(It was) an unbelievable season. We did what a lot of people didn't think we could do," Newton added, via Max Henson of the Panthers' official website. "We will be back, and I mean that."

Now that he's finally broken his relative silence, it's at least clear that the Newton who isn't afraid to speak is mind is back.

So at least he admits what we've been saying while being accused of racism and giving him more attention than anyone else.

Now maybe he can start to grow up?

Because there is a difference between hating losing and being a poor loser...not matter which Lombardi quote you quote.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
This whole 'I don't want people who accept losing" is nonsense. Not being an ass isn't accepting losing. The NFL is full of some of the most competitive people in the world. It's too hard to get there if you aren't hyper-competitive, and yet the majority man up. Does Ron think less of his players that did their press conferences like men because apparently that means they are OK with losing?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 04:21 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Yeah and the money sign definitely drew as much media hype  Nervous

Are you saying it didn't?  People hated this guy before he even got to the NFL for being such an arrogant prick.  Bengals were flashing money signs in his face after they would sack him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Deep down we all know that Cam Newton is probably an egotistical butt munch who just happens to have a soft spot for kids.

But again, the level of heat Cam gets, to the point that he's compared to guys who were team cancers or dangers to society. Is he probably the most agreeable fellow in the world? No, but you'd think he's some young punk thug who gets arrested every other day the way he was catching heat. He's not.

Playing the QB position, fans clearly want him to be a certain way, as do the media. He's breaking the mold and it works for him. He has some maturing to do, but there's a reason why this success came once he stopped worrying about being what other people wanted him to be. Not diving on the fumble is inexcusable and he'll never live that done, rightfully so.

But like I've said before, my issue has been, that when we've seen Brady, Brees, Manning and Rodgers do the same things on the field or at the podium, honestly, similar to what Cam has done, the heat HASN'T been as hot, and HASN'T lasted as long.
Other high profile QBs have done similar things on the field and not received that same level of heat. They've been criticized, yet, but this level of heat was off the charts. Call it what you want.

Newton still has some prick in him, we know it, I'm sure when he looks in the mirror he'll figure it out. It was just that, it makes no sense to give this amount of heat to him, in favor of other QBs who also have the same sort of prick in them too or had once upon a time, as if they're better than him.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are you saying it didn't?  People hated this guy before he even got to the NFL for being such an arrogant prick.  Bengals were flashing money signs in his face after they would sack him.

Hell no....that comparison is nowhere near the same.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:35 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Hell no....that comparison is nowhere near the same.

Because you don't want it to be?  If you consider how much playing time each has had I'd say it's pretty damned comparable. 

I personally have no problem with the celebrations, but if you are going to celebrate every TD like you just won the Super Bowl, then you are going to get  more scrutiny when shirk the spotlight after a loss. 

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Because you don't want it to be?  If you consider how much playing time each has had I'd say it's pretty damned comparable. 

I personally have no problem with the celebrations, but if you are going to celebrate every TD like you just won the Super Bowl, then you are going to get  more scrutiny when shirk the spotlight after a loss. 

Saying Manziels celebration got this much media attention is a FAR reach and you know it. 

You're right.....Rodgers hip thrust celebration every time he scored definitely got him called out as having a poor character. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 07:04 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Saying Manziels celebration got this much media attention is a FAR reach and you know it. 

You're right.....Rodgers hip thrust celebration every time he scored definitely got him called out as having a poor character. 

Actually you comparing Cam's actions to those other QBs like Manning, Brady etc is FAR reaching my friend.. Cam is way more over the top and out there public wise...
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 07:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually you comparing Cam's actions to those other QBs like Manning, Brady etc is FAR reaching my friend.. Cam is way more over the top and out there public wise...

Wow...lol.....bam.....we have a winner!!

How can you justify Manning, Rodgers, Brady and others when doing the EXACT same. Lol how is Cam way over the top? 

Brady walks out of an interview....but that's not as bad as Cam...ok

Manning birades his teammates because they dropped a pass or his line for missing a block, while selfishly wanting to throw every damned play, while taking any and every endorsement known to man to plaster himself on tv, and even calling his kicker 'Liquored Up', or throwing his entire offensive line under the bus after a playoff. 

Storms off the field without shaking hands....he was just being competitive.....but it's ok...that's not as bad as Cam. 

Rodgers celebratory hip thrust is cool....and having to be separated from his HC on the sideline..... atleast he's not dabbing....

Others QBs are JUSTIFIED.....and not have the media blow it out of proportion. 

Got it!! Thanks for letting us know my friend. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 08:35 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Wow...lol.....bam.....we have a winner!!

How can you justify Manning, Rodgers, Brady and others when doing the EXACT same. Lol how is Cam way over the top? 

Manning birades his teammates because they dropped a pass or his line for missing a block, while selfishly wanting to throw every damned play, while taking any and every endorsement known to man to plaster himself on tv, and even calling his kicker 'Liquored Up', or throwing his entire offensive line under the bus after a playoff. 

Storms off the field without shaking hands....he was just being competitive.....but it's ok...that's not as bad as Cam. 

Rodgers celebratory hip thrust is cool....and having to be separated from his HC on the sideline..... atleast he's not dabbing....

You may have gone over the edge if you think Tom Brady is not CONSTANTLY taken to task about his attitude on and off of the field.

How many times have you heard about Brady being a cry baby every time he gets hits vs how many times you heard it about Cam?  Just as one example.

Brady takes TREMENDOUS crap and his fans say its because people are "haters" and he is a "winner".

The media might take it easier on him...you might have a point there.  Give Cam ten years or more in the NFL and he might get the same treatment from the media.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 07:04 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Saying Manziels celebration got this much media attention is a FAR reach and you know it. 

Dude's started like 5 games on a crap team.  Proportionally he's received way more scrutiny.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 07:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually you comparing Cam's actions to those other QBs like Manning, Brady etc is FAR reaching my friend.. Cam is way more over the top and out there public wise...

In the way that David Ruffin was more of a showman than Mick Jagger, I guess.... Ninja
Reply/Quote

You are clueless. Manziel definitely got as much media attention.

This isn't just about the medias criticism of Cam.
After the Super Bowl the Bronco players took shots at Cam calling him a selfish player and criticized his dancing bullshit...players who happen to be black, so take your race card and stick it.

If Peyton had lost he'd appear at the press conference in a suit and tie and graciously answer questions, not cry like a baby and leave like Cam did. Cam has got a lot of growing up to do.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 08:35 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Wow...lol.....bam.....we have a winner!!

Just wondering are you actually being paid by the cam fan club ?  your analysis is so out of reach with reality
Reply/Quote