Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Newton Pulling Race Card
(02-09-2016, 12:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: No people only dislike him because of his race. We aren't allowed to dislike someone of a different race for having poor human qualities.

Even race aside. Other QBs do/have done the same yet they don't have "poor human qualities"? 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
I must be the biggest bigot on the planet, I don't like either one of them. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 12:45 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Even race aside. Other QBs do/have done the same yet they don't have "poor human qualities"? 

I don't know.  Most people I know can't stand Tom Brady.   Don't tell people if they don't like it, then stop him, and then sulk and run away when they do stop you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 12:45 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Even race aside. Other QBs do/have done the same yet they don't have "poor human qualities"? 

Im sure there have been other quarterbacks displaying poor human qualities. Mike Vick ring a bell?

Cam just happens to be the current topic of discussion.

Im just making light of the fear to criticize black quarterbacks for being labeled a racist. Don't act like it isn't happening, because it is. Just read the comment threads to any piece addressing Cam's lack of professionalism after the game.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 01:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im sure there have been other quarterbacks displaying poor human qualities. Mike Vick ring a bell?

Cam just happens to be the current topic of discussion.

Im just making light of the fear to criticize black quarterbacks for being labeled a racist. Don't act like it isn't happening, because it is. Just read the comment threads to any piece addressing Cam's lack of professionalism after the game.

yeah Peyton Manning rings a bell too.......people tend to forget his sexual assault issue. 

There wouldn't be many on articles/blogs if race didn't play even a small part. No other QB that has done the same had this much extreme coverage or it magnified. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 01:35 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: yeah Peyton Manning rings a bell too.......people tend to forget his sexual assault issue. 

There wouldn't be many on articles/blogs if race didn't play even a small part. No other QB that has done the same had this much extreme coverage or it magnified. 

Ive never heard of Manning being accused of sexual assault. Not being facetious, I really don't remember hearing about it.

I had to look it up. I don't think it compares to whats currently being discussed. He was a kid in college who acted like a dumb jock exposing himself to that trainer. Cam however is a paid professional being fairly criticized for acting unprofessional on quite possibly the biggest stage ever. I don't care what his reason was for walking off stage, its still poor form.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 01:51 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ive never heard of Manning being accused of sexual assault. Not being facetious, I really don't remember hearing about it.

I had to look it up. I don't think it compares to whats currently being discussed. He was a kid in college who acted like a dumb jock exposing himself to that trainer. Cam however is a paid professional being fairly criticized for acting unprofessional on quite possibly the biggest stage ever. I don't care what his reason was for walking off stage, its still poor form.

Yeah most don't remember is because it happened 1996.....however that same Peyton Manning acted unprofessional in a SB loss as well but didn't get scrutinized....in fact was called just being competitive.....

You might not have heard of that either. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 02:36 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Yeah most don't remember is because it happened 1996.....however that same Peyton Manning acted unprofessional in a SB loss as well but didn't get scrutinized....in fact was called just being competitive.....

It was bush league then, just the same as it is now for Cam. Sore loser is a sore loser. No one is probably talking about it because we don't see Peyton in such a polarizing view as we see Cam. There are just as many people out there who dislike Cam as their are fans. I think the majority of people like Peyton. This is just the general perception of both players.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 02:36 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Yeah most don't remember is because it happened 1996.....however that same Peyton Manning acted unprofessional in a SB loss as well but didn't get scrutinized....in fact was called just being competitive.....

I'd understand MORE walking off the field pissed off than acting like a pouty child during a press conference.

Immediately after the game I can understand...after some time not so much.

And yet I'd STILL give someone crap for acting like that right after the game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote

actually he did get scrutinized and just  nfl network yesterday  a commentator actually brought up Manning issue from past super bowl loss and praised Cam for handshake with Peyton.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'd understand MORE walking off the field pissed off than acting like a pouty child during a press conference.

Immediately after the game I can understand...after some time not so much.

And yet I'd STILL give someone crap for acting like that right after the game.

He had a good 30 minutes to process it and gain his composure. Im not buying he heard Broncos players celebrating in the background as a reason for storming off, they were celebrating in his face the whole game. Get over it.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: actually he did get scrutinized and just  nfl network yesterday  a commentator actually brought up Manning issue from past super bowl loss and praised Cam for handshake with Peyton.

Walking off the field and not congratulating the winning players and coaches is bush league.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 01:35 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: yeah Peyton Manning rings a bell too.......people tend to forget his sexual assault issue. 

Well let me tell you, all I heard about years ago was about Big Ben and his rape issue.  All I heard about this past year is Johnny Manziel and unless im mistaken those QBs are white.  It is not about race but persona.  Cam like Manziel brings the spotlight to themselves.. some hate them for it... some love them for it.. but in the end.. if you are going to put yourself out there .. you better be ready to back it up and deal with it when you don;t perform well and not make excuses or do the blame game which is what i've seen from both Cam and Manziel.. one black and one white but both under the  microscope not for their race but their persona  and the way they carry themselves.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:22 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Walking off the field and not congratulating the winning players and coaches is bush league.

Yeah ok....excusing the behavior for one. Being unsportsmanlike is in poor taste no matter how you want to slice it. 

Hell again no mention when baby Brady walked out of post game interview either. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/tom-brady-leaves-press-conference-expletive
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:22 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Walking off the field and not congratulating the winning players and coaches is bush league.

And Manning got heat for it and learned from it.. i don;t believe he has done it since.... 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well let me tell you, all I heard about years ago was about Big Ben and his rape issue.  All I heard about this past year is Johnny Manziel and unless im mistaken those QBs are white.  It is not about race but persona.  Cam like Manziel brings the spotlight to themselves.. some hate them for it... some love them for it.. but in the end.. if you are going to put yourself out there .. you better be ready to back it up and deal with it when you don;t perform well and not make excuses or do the blame game which is what i've seen from both Cam and Manziel.. one black and one white but both under the  microscope not for their race but their persona  and the way they carry themselves.

Ok but let's compare apples to apples. I don't see Manziel criticism stemming from celebrations/sportsmanship. 

Comparing apples to apples: 

Cam's celebrations called unsportsmanlike and other QBs celebrations. 

I didn't say anything about race. I just see a discrepancy in how it's viewed. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And Manning got heat for it and learned from it.. i don;t believe he has done it since.... 

Really?????!!!?

Manning caught some heat but not no where the same. And actually there was a lot of media defending it. Calling it "being competitive"
Reply/Quote
Peyton's on the field success has earned him a LOT of personal leeway. Let's not forget John Elway is a football hero who started off his career by threatening to retire before taking a single snap to go play for the Yankees unless his trade demands were met. Win and all is forgiven.

Except for Cam. I bet if he won it all people wouldn't have said "You know what, that guy is cocky but he deserves to be!" nah, it would have just been more evidence that he has no class.
Reply/Quote

Yea... Because the media covering the super bowl is a brand new thing. And nobody in America has followed the Super Bowl until this year. Nobody cared that the panthers almost went 16-0 either , that never gets any extra attention.

You dont be a grown ass man and wear designer tights unless you want some attention. And you dont dance around after every nice play you make unless you want the spotlight. He got the attention he wanted. 

Tebow didnt try to draw attention to himself. But he got it , and there were plenty of tebow bashers. Johnny Football tried to draw attention to himself and got it. Dalton hasnt begged for attention but he has been blasted on his whole career. Tannehill got plenty of heat this year. Cousins said you like that and instantly got the media treatment.

Cam was a QB that almost went 16-0 and made it to the super bowl all the while begging for the spotlight. If you cant see why that has earned him a little more coverage than a 96 manning story...  Well then i dont know what to tell you 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:34 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Ok but let's compare apples to apples. I don't see Manziel criticism stemming from celebrations/sportsmanship

Comparing apples to apples: 

Cam's celebrations called unsportsmanlike and other QBs celebrations. 

I didn't say anything about race. I just see a discrepancy in how it's viewed. 

The money sign.
Reply/Quote