Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Newton Pulling Race Card
(02-04-2016, 06:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I cant believe you are trying to act like Cam is the only QB to ever be scrutinized. It comes with the position. 

Kids arent allowed to dance in pop warner because it is bad sportsmanship. They throw flags for celebrations in the NFL. Icky woods had his dance banned mid season.

He gets scrutinized because 1 he is a QB and 2 he has such poor sportsmanship he would celebrate if he scored a TD against the little sisters of the poor.

It is not racist for a QB to be scrutinized and it is not racist when opposing teams fans dont like him.

My argument isnt About being scrutized as a QB my friend! I'm asking why is he scrutinized for his celebrations. When other QBs ON-FIELD ACTIONS are not called IMMATURE, UNPROFESSIONAL, and other CHARACTER attacks.

I Didn't say anything about being racist. 

Why aren't other QBs on field antics viewed as "unsportsmanlike"?
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:23 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Oh.......I didn't realize that the 60 min story asked Rodgers why some view his celebratory pelvic thrust as IMMATURE, UNPROFESSIONAL, and other CHARACTER attacks people think are outta bounds.  Ninja

Reacted? Or reacts??

On Tuesday, Newton told reporters "it's not an issue" when a reporter asked him about the stereotype of black quarterbacks. "It's an issue for you," he said,

adding: "I don't even want to touch on the topic of black quarterback, because I think this game is bigger than black, white or even green. So I think we limit ourselves when we just label ourselves just black, this, that and the third."

Who is bringing it up? Newton or media?

Agreed....he never interviewed well IMO.

Me too brother!
Remember when he called that female reporter "sweetheart" in a press conference a few years back?  He comes off as a prick. 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
http://www.theonion.com/article/area-man-would-hate-cam-newton-even-if-he-was-diff-52304?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

Quote:Area Man Would Hate Cam Newton Even If He Was Different Minority

Adamantly stressing that his disdain for the 26-year-old quarterback is not based on any racial prejudice toward African Americans, local 49-year-old Michael Willet told reporters Friday that he would hate Cam Newton even if the Carolina Panthers star was a different minority. “I just can’t stand the obnoxious way he plays and how he showboats after every touchdown, and I’d feel that way regardless of whether he was black, Hispanic, or Middle Eastern,” said Willet, adding that Newton having the skin color of any other minority group wouldn’t lessen his intense dislike for the quarterback’s sideline antics and flashy, arrogant demeanor. “The fact that he’s black has nothing to do with it. If he was a Mexican guy dancing all over the field after first downs and posing for the camera, I’d hate him just as much.” Willet added that he would always root against Newton no matter which white quarterback is on the other team.

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
So Cam Newton is a prick for dancing, but Peyton Manning gets a pass for using steroids? I'm not saying it's racism, but people are clearly biased against one of the super bowl qb's for some reason.
Reply/Quote
I love the ole Paul Brown adage " Act like you've been there before and plan on going back. " That said, this is just one of the latest of a long line of manufactured "controversies".
The biggest reaction I saw all year to Cam's celebrating was by the Titans defenders, and they were black too.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 03:27 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I love the ole Paul Brown adage " Act like you've been there before and plan on going back. "  That said, this is just one of the latest of a long line of manufactured "controversies".  
The biggest reaction I saw all year to Cam's celebrating was by the Titans defenders, and they were black too.

I know what you're saying, but I've lived long enough to see the Bengals win playoff games BUT if they had won against the Steelers this year I would bet many of us would have acted like we haven't been there before. 

I don't understand why we hold the players to higher levels of discipline than we hold ourselves...well, other than outright bias that is!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 05:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know what you're saying, but I've lived long enough to see the Bengals win playoff games BUT if they had won against the Steelers this year I would bet many of us would have acted like we haven't been there before. 

I don't understand why we hold the players to higher levels of discipline than we hold ourselves...well, other than outright bias that is!

Well to play Devils advocate, we don't get paid millions of dollars to watch the games. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 05:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know what you're saying, but I've lived long enough to see the Bengals win playoff games BUT if they had won against the Steelers this year I would bet many of us would have acted like we haven't been there before. 

Haha.  I know I couldn't act like I'd been there before on NFL payday.  I do think it's somewhat different celebrating a win than celebrating a single play (TD or otherwise) though.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 07:10 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Well to play Devils advocate, we don't get paid millions of dollars to watch the games. 

And it took me a long time to realize I don't get paid to cheer!

I still love my team, but I figured out a long time ago that I get up and go to work whether they win or lose.  It just took time AFTER figuring that out to slowly decrease the length of time I am ticked off about the game after the game.

As I told my wife: I'm trying to be less like me when watching games now. I wish I'd have done that a long time ago. Games are much more fun now.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 07:10 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Well to play Devils advocate, we don't get paid millions of dollars to watch the games. 

Right, so we have even LESS of a reason to get worked up over the results.

(02-07-2016, 12:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: And it took me a long time to realize I don't get paid to cheer!

I still love my team, but I figured out a long time ago that I get up and go to work whether they win or lose.  It just took time AFTER figuring that out to slowly decrease the length of time I am ticked off about the game after the game.

As I told my wife: I'm trying to be less like me when watching games now.  I wish I'd have done that a long time ago.  Games are much more fun now.

Man, I don't disagree, and I'm not accusing you of this BUT being from and living in Steeler country I get annoyed when Steelers fans tell me "My team wins a lot, but if they lost a lot like your team I would TOTALLY take it better than you do!"

ARGH!!!!  I hate that.  HATE IT!  It's bs!  Then again, I also know Steeler fans who can't do a single pullup who proudly state that they wouldn't play for the Cowboys even if they offered them 100 bazillion dollars!  I also know one person around here who is in the NFL (and he plays for the Cowboys).
Reply/Quote
Here's the thread ender...

Cam Newton Post-SB Interview:

vs

Russell Wilson Post-SB Interview:

Nothing to do with race, all to do with character and class. Russell Wilson plays a much better game, comes down to & Goal to win it and he loses because of the worst play call in SB history. Still gives credit to the other team and praises his teammates and engages with the reporters. Is he bummed out? Visibly, but he's still handling it with class.

Take the worst winner in the league, combine it with the worst loser in the league, and you have Cam Newton.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 04:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Here's the thread ender...

Nothing to do with race, all to do with character and class. Russell Wilson plays a much better game, comes down to & Goal to win it and he loses because of the worst play call in SB history. Still gives credit to the other team and praises his teammates and engages with the reporters. Is he bummed out? Visibly, but he's still handling it with class.

Take the worst winner in the league, combine it with the worst loser in the league, and you have Cam Newton.

Exactly what I have said all season.

He surprised me with his growth as a player, but his growth as a professional still isn't there.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 07:51 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: So Cam Newton is a prick for dancing, but Peyton Manning gets a pass for using steroids? I'm not saying it's racism, but people are clearly biased against one of the super bowl qb's for some reason.

This might be the dumbest argument posted on here yet.

Theres not one ounce of proof Manning used HGH, but we see Cam acting like an ass every Sunday.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 10:24 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This might be the dumbest argument posted on here yet.

Theres not one ounce of proof Manning used HGH, but we see Cam acting like an ass every Sunday.

Quote:The accusations came from Sly, who at the time was an employee at the Guyer Institute of Molecular Medicine in Indianapolis. He told an Al Jazeera reporter that, while working there, he had shipped performance-enhancing drugs to a whole host of star players.

Specifically, he said he had mailed HGH to Manning’s wife, Ashley. That part of the story, at least, has some basis in truth.
Ari Fleischer, the former White House press secretary whom Manning has hired as a crisis consultant, confirmed to the Post that Ashley had indeed been mailed medication from the Guyer Institute. Citing her right to privacy, though, Fleischer declined to specify what sort of medication had been shipped.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/27/10669870/peyton-manning-wife-prescription-hgh-guyer-institute
Reply/Quote

Cam Newton Post-SB Interview:

vs

Russell Wilson Post-SB Interview:

I can't rep this enough.  ThumbsUp
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 01:33 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/27/10669870/peyton-manning-wife-prescription-hgh-guyer-institute

Still waiting for actual proof.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I'm not defending Cam per se, but I think Wilson pulling the whole god talked to me aspect into the game-killing INT sort of took the shine off his humility.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 06:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not defending Cam per se, but I think Wilson pulling the whole god talked to me aspect into the game-killing INT sort of took the shine off his humility.

Reminds of the great bit from the '90s by Jeff Stilson:

Quote:I'm trying to wean myself off sports, it's too time consuming. I don't watch football anymore, I gave that up. I got tired of the interviews after the games, because the winning players always give credit to God, and the losers blame themselves. You know, just once I'd like to hear a player say, 'Yeah, we were in the game, until Jesus made me fumble. He hates our team.'
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It's also funny how Peyton Manning reacted pretty similarly to Cam when he lost to the Saints. He might have done him one better by storming off the field without shaking hands, but he sulked and sulked. I guess when white guys do that sort of thing it's a sign of competitive fire, or some bs.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/02/08/manning-beats-unhappy-hasty-retreat.html

Meh, whatever. I guess he pulled it together faster than Cam did. Nuts to both of them, it's only fair.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 07:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's also funny how Peyton Manning reacted pretty similarly to Cam when he lost to the Saints.  He might have done him one better by storming off the field without shaking hands, but he sulked and sulked.  I guess when white guys do that sort of thing it's a sign of competitive fire, or some bs.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/02/08/manning-beats-unhappy-hasty-retreat.html

Meh, whatever.   I guess he pulled it together faster than Cam did.  Nuts to both of them, it's only fair.

Peyton has a ton of ***** him to be sure.  After we beat them in '05 he threw his O-line under the bus in his press conference.  Why he gets less shit for it than Cam is that Cam likes to show his ass and showboat.  If you make a spectacle of yourself you'd best back it up or you're going to get butchered.  
Reply/Quote