Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Taylor-Britt
This man had stepped up tremendously in place of Awuzie, it's amazing the way he is playing in his rookie year. Definitely have another solid corner for years to come.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:39 PM)Trademark Wrote: This man had stepped up tremendously in place of Awuzie, it's amazing the way he is playing in his rookie year. Definitely have another solid corner for years to come.

He had some good plays but it was obvious they were picking on him all game.

Reply/Quote
Weird post. I thought this was his weakest game by far.

And people really thought he was better than Apple? Pfff
Reply/Quote
I think he had some memorable moments. The defended deep pass. Being part of the two hit combo on the Pats player who ended up going to the tent (nothing I root for but it was a legal hit).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Weird post. I thought this was his weakest game by far.

And people really though he was better than Apple? Pfff

He's a rookie, he's going to make mistakes, but his coverage skills are still nice, I believe he's going to be an elite cornerback in the near future
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
For a rookie CB he is playing well. This guy will be really good by year 3. A keeper
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:45 PM)Trademark Wrote: He's a rookie, he's going to make mistakes, but his coverage skills are still nice, I believe he's going to be an elite cornerback in the near future

This just wasn’t the game to praise him IMO
Reply/Quote
Lot of work ahead for him.
Reply/Quote
Imo this was a pretty bad game by CTB. Capped off by a horrible last play where he let a guy get over top of what should’ve been put prevent defense.

Good thing about CTB is his tackling and run support is so good, you can justify him playing

He’s pretty good on streak routes but he’s pretty susceptible to everything else. Great guy to have guarding a WR screen or a streak. I’m definitely not liking the idea of him guarding guys like Stefan Diggs and other great WRs. I’d rather have Apple who is more aggressive in coverage
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:46 PM)Housh Wrote: Imo this was a pretty bad game by CTB. Capped off by a horrible last play where he let a guy get over top of what should’ve been put prevent defense.

Good thing about CTB is his tackling and run support is so good, you can justify him playing

He’s pretty good on streak routes but he’s pretty susceptible to everything else. Great guy to have guarding a WR screen or a streak. I’m definitely not liking the idea of him guarding guys like Stefan Diggs and other great WRs. I’d rather have Apple who is more aggressive in coverage

He had pretty tight coverage. The mistake on the last play was Bell who fudged that one bad. Overall I’d say CTB had a very up and down game. Certainly not his best but good for a rookie who missed TC and the first half+ of the season before being thrust into the starting role.

I was disappointed in Bell today. A couple of good plays but overall thought he looked bad
Reply/Quote
I guess I just don't see it
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He had pretty tight coverage. The mistake on the last play was Bell who fudged that one bad. Overall I’d say CTB had a very up and down game. Certainly not his best but good for a rookie who missed TC and the first half+ of the season before being thrust into the starting role.

I was disappointed in Bell today. A couple of good plays but overall thought he looked bad

If you don’t think that was his worst game thus far, then Idk what to tell you. Maybe eye surgery
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess I just don't see it

I was trying to be nice in my post, but you summed it up better.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:44 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I think he had some memorable moments. The defended deep pass. Being part of the two hit combo on the Pats player who ended up going to the tent (nothing I root for but it was a legal hit).

That was a big time hit and CTB made the play to end the game and give us the win. Great pick, playing great for a rookie.

He had a couple bad plays, but overall it was another good game from him. I thought the holding call on Apple was BS.
Reply/Quote
As far as a rookie CB goes he is playing a little above average. With rookie CBs they generally play pretty badly with a couple good plays sprinkled in. Some times things are a bit misleading as CTB isn’t being targeted more because Apple is great, a lot of it is just trying to put him in situations he has simply never seen before.

His make up speed is impressive and he does well when he can use the sideline for help especially in the red zone. Where he gets in trouble is compressed sets with two way goes and less sideline help. He will learn but I am actually pretty high on him at this moment.

By the way, that last play is more complex than folks act like. It was 4th and 15 and they had over 10 seconds. You can’t straight bail because a deep out gives them a very manageable last play so you have to slow drop that’s why they set up deep. The issue is Thornton runs a 4.2 40 and he hit a little stutter there like he could take it out so CTB had to respect it but still was able to make up the ground.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess I just don't see it

From college to the pros CTB gambles on his angles. He is an rookie though and you can see upside.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Overall I'm happy with CTB's performance this season. He's made some good plays. Yes he's had some bad ones but I have a lot of hope for him moving forward.

Today probably wasn't his best game but for a rookie corner it could be way, way worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:39 PM)Trademark Wrote: This man had stepped up tremendously in place of Awuzie, it's amazing the way he is playing in his rookie year. Definitely have another solid corner for years to come.

He sucked absolute raw, skank ass all game until that last play.

That last play was great though. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:45 PM)Trademark Wrote: He's a rookie, he's going to make mistakes, but his coverage skills are still nice, I believe he's going to be an elite cornerback in the near future

No. He has a chance to be a solid cover corner with some experience and improvement. He has a long, long way to go to even begin to smell elite.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was a big time hit and CTB made the play to end the game and give us the win. Great pick, playing great for a rookie.

He had a couple bad plays, but overall it was another good game from him. I thought the holding call on Apple was BS.

No. Actually it wasn't.

Reply/Quote