Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Taylor-Britt
(12-25-2022, 02:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As long as we’re living in fantasy land I wish we would have traded up and took both Chase and Sewell. Tongue

But yeah, Sauce is unbelievable. He’s already a top 2-3 CB in the league (I remember our good buddy Tony trying to tell me he “sucked” LOL ). I think he could end up challenging Travis Kelce as the best player to ever come out of UC when it’s all said and done.

I agree, Gardner is the real deal and if he stays healthy will give Jets a shut down CB for a long time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 02:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, Gardner is the real deal and if he stays healthy will give Jets a shut down CB for a long time.

And the last true shutdown CB (I’m talking like absolute island) was probably a Jet too in Revis.

If only they weren’t absolutely horrible at drafting QB’s…

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:59 PM)Synric Wrote: I would say a couple of hihis miss tackles are him trying to jump the out route. 

He tries to jump a ton of routes.  I remember the 4th down conversion he gave up against KC where he jumped what he thought was a slant, but JuJu actually ran a whip route and CTB put himself out of position to make the tackle short of the sticks.  He's just bad at assignment football.  He guesses on routes, gives up leverage, and gets caught staring in the backfield way too much.  He's surviving off of his tremendous make up speed.  You can definitely tell that he's a guy that got by in college just by being a much better athlete than the guys he went against.

He's got a lot of upside given his size, speed, and his physicality, but he has a lot of issues in his game that will need to be fixed for him to be a quality starter.  I'm hopeful for his future, but I don't see why there's a thread every week raving about another outing where he looked like a young backup that's not ready to start.  
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: He tries to jump a ton of routes.  I remember the 4th down conversion he gave up against KC where he jumped what he thought was a slant, but JuJu actually ran a whip route and CTB put himself out of position to make the tackle short of the sticks.  He's just bad at assignment football.  He guesses on routes, gives up leverage, and gets caught staring in the backfield way too much.  He's surviving off of his tremendous make up speed.  You can definitely tell that he's a guy that got by in college just by being a much better athlete than the guys he went against.

He's got a lot of upside given his size, speed, and his physicality, but he has a lot of issues in his game that will need to be fixed for him to be a quality starter.  I'm hopeful for his future, but I don't see why there's a thread every week raving about another outing where he looked like a young backup that's not ready to start.  

Or in other words he tries too hard at times.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 10:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Or in other words he tries too hard at times.

You nailed it!! He shouldn't try so hard..

Makes sense.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 10:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You nailed it!! He shouldn't try so hard..

Makes sense.

Yup, you get it
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 10:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Or in other words he tries too hard at times.

I don't question his effort, but that's not really what I'm saying.  A lot of times, it's harder to just be disciplined and play your assignment correctly, which is what he needs to do, because his instincts suck.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 03:46 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't question his effort, but that's not really what I'm saying.  A lot of times, it's harder to just be disciplined and play your assignment correctly, which is what he needs to do, because his instincts suck.

I wouldn't say that, he just takes a lot of gambles, sometimes it's good to be aggressive though
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 03:46 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't question his effort, but that's not really what I'm saying.  A lot of times, it's harder to just be disciplined and play your assignment correctly, which is what he needs to do, because his instincts suck.

That's what my "trying to hard" statement was about. In other words, he's trying too hard to impress, trying too hard to make the big play, trying too hard to be the hero. Too anxious, overreacting to a juke move/double move and getting burnt. Getting his hips turned to early. Going for the interception, missing, and giving up a big play.

He needs to relax, just a bit, and let the game come to him.

Tommy Casanova, way back in the day, great CB all-pro, pro bowls would get burnt a little too much at times trying to cut routes and get the big int. He'd miss and give up big yards after catch. If he would have just focused on the tackle, he would have been much better off. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's what my "trying to hard" statement was about. In other words, he's trying too hard to impress, trying too hard to make the big play, trying too hard to be the hero. Too anxious, overreacting to a juke move/double move and getting burnt. Getting his hips turned to early. Going for the interception, missing, and giving up a big play.

He needs to relax, just a bit, and let the game come to him.

Tommy Casanova, way back in the day, great CB all-pro, pro bowls would get burnt a little too much at times trying to cut routes and get the big int. He'd miss and give up big yards after catch. If he would have just focused on the tackle, he would have been much better off. 

I think we have something with CTB... He's a rookie and the transition is probably the most difficult. Throw in the missed time, and he's gonna be shaky sometimes. It'll be interesting to revisit this in a year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:53 AM)jason Wrote: I think we have something with CTB... He's a rookie and the transition is probably the most difficult. Throw in the missed time, and he's gonna be shaky sometimes. It'll be interesting to revisit this in a year.

Oh I do too. I'm not saying CTB is a surefire all pro. Just that he has shown a good deal of potential. It's worth seeing if he can develop?

I believe we may have something there.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:11 PM)Synric Wrote: From college to the pros CTB gambles on his angles. He is an rookie though and you can see upside.

If you cant see the upside with CTB you are trolling or just not looking. Dude has the tools to be BETTER than Mike Hilton because of his 40 time and his height and weight. 

If CTB ever figures out patience and discipline hell be a top CB In this league, not just a solid role player.
-Housh
Reply/Quote