Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam wins a playoff game and enters Super Bowl before we do under XXXX.
This thread is bullshit.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 11:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sovereign Nation when confronted with facts and hard evidence:  Lalala

Ad hominem- when you know the person has a weak position.

So how did Cam do when the defense played contain?  Preventing him from escaping the pocket?  Cam had a lot of plays that he missed on, due to not being able to read the defense and also not being very good at going through his progressions.  His first read was covered and the defense was able to keep him inside the pocket.

So your comment is more you projecting your own personality onto me.  You might want to look at fixing that.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 10:03 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Going down with the ship, eh captain?  For the record, Ted Ginn is not a #1 WR, nor is he a #2 on any but the most decrepit WR corps.  Ginn has been a journeyman WR for a majority of his career, and retains roster spots primarily due to special teams value.  He's the classic situational deep threat with questionable mitts.  Draft position does not determine the depth chart.  J-Stew has  been hurt in parts or all of a majority of his seasons in the NFL.  Ankles, Achilles, knees, etc.  Everyone knows this.  Funchess was raw coming out of college, and did little.  Kelvin Benjamin didn't play a down.  

Keep buying the media hype.  Ginn was a highly rated WR in college and has been on some poor teams that didn't fit his skillset.

He is now on a team that fits him and the scheme allows him to produce.  When MLJ got his 10 TDs 2 seasons ago, people called him a good WR.  Ginn has 10 TDs this year and he is somehow not very good... seems legit.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 06:45 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Interesting....

How about before the Packers won their SB Rogers was doing the following ....

[Image: aaron-rodgers-belt-150x150.jpg]

Did he deserve the right to celebrate before winning???

When did I say the player had to win the SB to celebrate?

I didn't.

Nice try though.

I said he had to produce and perform.  Rodgers was producing and performing and winning.  Newton didn't make the playoffs until, last year.  Newton didn't even have a winning record until last year.  His career has been lackluster and has been nothing to celebrate about.

Notice how I said that last year Hill's celebration didn't bother me?  Yet this year it did?  Noticed how I said if Newton didn't start celebrating until this year (though you could actually say last year as well) then I would be more of a fan of him.

Just look at Newton's Post game interview after the SB.  Quiet, pouting... walked out.  Compare that to when they were successful.  Boisterous, gloating and very vocal.  

Celebrating is fine as long as you earn it.  If you celebrate before you earned it, then when you do earn it, it lacks the same respect that it would normally be afforded.  

I would have respected Cam more if he didn't pout at his news conference.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:57 AM)Roland Wrote: Disagree.   The Broncos defense is better than any the Panthers have faced this year and Manning isn't going to turn it over six times.

Am I allowed a "told you so" here?

I think we're very fortunate that we ended up with Green and Dalton rather than Newton in that draft.  Newton's weaknesses were exposed by a great defense in this game and I believe Dalton and the Bengals could have produced the same result.

Ironically the moment that said the most about Newton may also say something about why we were without Dalton down the stretch.

[Image: fraidycam.0.gif]
Reply/Quote
Im just glad the Carolina Dabbers lost.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 05:39 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Keep buying the media hype.  Ginn was a highly rated WR in college and has been on some poor teams that didn't fit his skillset.

He is now on a team that fits him and the scheme allows him to produce.  When MLJ got his 10 TDs 2 seasons ago, people called him a good WR.  Ginn has 10 TDs this year and he is somehow not very good... seems legit.

Can Newton played poorly last night, but Ted Ginn was absolute garbage. He dropped every pass in the red zone last night, including a pass that bounced off his hands for an interception. Jerricho Cotchery also had three drops. The fact that Ginn was highly rated in college means nothing. Matt Jones, Ryan Leaf, and Darrius Heyward Bey were also highly rated coming out of college but they sucked in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
After watching Newton's post game press conference, it just confirms why I don't like him and think he is nothing more than a prima donna who thinks the world revolves around him.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:41 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: After watching Newton's post game press conference, it just confirms why I don't like him and think he is nothing more than a prima donna who thinks the world revolves around him.

The guy was a punk yesterday, but he was also the league MVP so let's not act like he's "nothing more" than a bad attitude.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The guy was a punk yesterday, but he was also the league MVP so let's not act like he's "nothing more" than a bad attitude.
He's a showboat punk.  I don't care how many MVPs he wins.  Winning an MVP doesn't change the fact that you are a horses ass!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 01:03 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: He's a showboat punk.  I don't care how many MVPs he wins.  Winning an MVP doesn't change the fact that you are a horses ass!

Meh, last time the Bengals made the Super Bowl they had a horse's ass at QB! Hey, he was even the MVP that year. Come on.
Reply/Quote
The people complaining about Cam's press conference yesterday would be criticizing him no matter what. The haters in this thread were waiting for any excuse they could find to kick the man whole he was down. I don't agree with his decision to walk off the podium but it was a lose lose situation.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The guy was a punk yesterday, but he was also the league MVP so let's not act like he's "nothing more" than a bad attitude.

The issue with me is, he had a signature move....the Superman gesture, and I saw absolutely nothing wrong with it.  He ramped it up OchoCinco style this season.  Whether or not it was his intention, he came off as trying to show up his competitors.  He said if people didn't want to see it, keep him out of the endzone, well, Denver did just that, look how he handled it.  Had he done so with grace, dignity, and humility, he might've put some of this to rest.  Instead, he fanned the flames.

Also, saying the Denver defense did nothing special wasn't exactly an accurate assessment of what unfolded.  They OWNED him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Guess if he celebrates hard then he is allowed to whine and cry hard too.

Spoke volumes about him.

Freak athletic talent with a weak and flawed character. See a lot of containment being played in Cam's future.

Congratulations Peyton Manning ! Would have bet against you but so glad you won after that display sportsmanship.

For the record, would take Dalton all day after witnessing that performance. If they played the same defense against Dalton he would have burnt them long to AJ, MJ, and Eiffert all game long.

Heck our back up QB was better than that against Denver.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Believe the AFC was just that superior to the NFC this season.

Shame we beat each other up so bad.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 01:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, last time the Bengals made the Super Bowl they had a horse's ass at QB!  Hey, he was even the MVP that year.  Come on.

Boomer wasn't anything like Newton!  He just had the unfortunate scenario to go against Joe Montana.  

All that 'look at me' mentality doesn't get around the block before it blows up, just like it did with C. Johnson and the 2010 circus with him and Owens.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Boomer wasn't anything like Newton!  He just had the unfortunate scenario to go against Joe Montana.  

All that 'look at me' mentality doesn't get around the block before it blows up, just like it did with C. Johnson and the 2010 circus him and Owens.

The fact that you are comparing Cam's MVP 15-1 season to our 2010 debacle is a laugh.  I suppose you are one of those fans who hates celebrating and cockiness but also thinks the Bengals need to get "swagger" to win, or something.  Anyways, it's just a bunch of biased BS, so I'll leave it at that.

Everyone is happy nice humble Peyton got dragged to a championship so he could immediately plug a sponsor during his interview.  
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The fact that you are comparing Cam's MVP 15-1 season to our 2010 debacle is a laugh.  I suppose you are one of those fans who hates celebrating and cockiness but also thinks the Bengals need to get "swagger" to win, or something.  Anyways, it's just a bunch of biased BS, so I'll leave it at that.

Everyone is happy nice humble Peyton got dragged to a championship so he could immediately plug a sponsor during his interview.  

Peyton is retiring.  That was his message last night, since it is a violation for NFL players to endorse on the air!  If you were the know it all you think you are, you would know about that rule.

There is no comparison of this year to 2010.  If you had half a brain, you'd see that the comparison was that that 'all about me' bs, will eventually come back to haunt you, just like it did last night, when Newton got his hind end handed to him, and pouted like a child!  Sometimes it takes a little longer, like 2010, but there has already been Bengals players that have spoken out against the Chad Johnson fiasco, some more subtle than others!

Movin' on to seeing who gets signed and the draft!  
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:31 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Peyton is retiring.  That was his message last night, since it is a violation for NFL players to endorse on the air!  If you were the know it all you think you are, you would know about that rule.

There is no comparison of this year to 2010.  If you had half a brain, you'd see that the comparison was that that 'all about me' bs, will eventually come back to haunt you, just like it did last night, when Newton got his hind end handed to him, and pouted like a child!  Sometimes it takes a little longer, like 2010, but there has already been Bengals players that have spoken out against the Chad Johnson fiasco, some more subtle than others!

Movin' on to seeing who gets signed and the draft!  

I'm going to assume you don't see the hypocrisy in the sheer amount of misplaced cockiness you are currently projecting.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm going to assume you don't see the hypocrisy in the sheer amount of misplaced cockiness you are currently projecting.

What goes around comes around my fellow couch coach!  (Utilizing the 'Ignore' feature)  Wink
Reply/Quote