Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Camp updates, pictures?
Nah, he was burning 1st and 2nd round CB’s in the SEC (go watch him against AJ Terrell).

This is 100% just a matter of getting up to speed mentally wrt his processing.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 08:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is an issue too no question...

I'm sure he will do better but nfl level we cant always predict even for high level picks. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 08:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, he was burning 1st and 2nd round CB’s in the SEC (go watch him against AJ Terrell).

He isn’t making a transition straight from college speed to NFL speed either. He’s making the transition from work from home speed. Big jump compared to just practicing which is what he’s done for the last 16 months or whatever it’s been.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 08:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, he was burning 1st and 2nd round CB’s in the SEC (go watch him against AJ Terrell).

Exactly. It's like people forget he's already played against NFL corners in the SEC. He burned them in college, he'll burn them in the NFL. They even all pretty much said he was their worst nightmare of a WR to cover.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 06:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome interview with the future. Got me excited! Wink

He said they don't have WR's who pout if they don't get the ball. Wonder if that was a shot at AJ?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly. It's like people forget he's already played against NFL corners in the SEC. He burned them in college, he'll burn them in the NFL. They even all pretty much said he was their worst nightmare of a WR to cover.

All true, it is just taking a little time mentally as Ja'Marr said. 

Get the speed of the game down mentally as he says it isn't physical.

Mind quickness. It is the quickening... Ninja

(08-12-2021, 09:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He said they don't have WR's who pout if they don't get the ball. Wonder if that was a shot at AJ?

Must of been, probably more of AJ pouting about just not being the same more than anything. 

He got the ball plenty, he was probably targeted too much and I would argue as much.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 01:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, it is just taking a little time mentally as Ja'Marr said. 

Get the speed of the game down mentally as he says it isn't physical.

Mind quickness. It is the quickening... Ninja

Must of been, probably more of AJ pouting about just not being the same more than anything. 

He got the ball plenty, he was probably targeted too much and I would argue as much.

There can be only one, lol...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 09:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We need to win a Super Bowl and get us some coverage, this happens to us all the time for heck sake even with Burrow as our QB.

OK I'm just saying this now.   If we win a Super Bowl I think the entire board (as many who can make it to Cinci) need to meet at the Bengals practice field (with name tags LOL) and take a "team" photo.  Mods can pose as coaching staff - with Bengalholic posing as the head coach.   Hall of Famers in the front row.  And I'm thinking some sort of Board sponsored jerseys or at least t-shirts.

Just a thought.  I'm getting old man.  This needs to happen soon!  We might even consider doing this if we GO to the Super Bowl.

Maybe we take the picture in the spring, after OTAs...
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 09:16 PM)SladeX Wrote: There can be only one, lol...

You got it. Wink

(08-13-2021, 12:19 PM)3wt Wrote: OK I'm just saying this now.   If we win a Super Bowl I think the entire board (as many who can make it to Cinci) need to meet at the Bengals practice field (with name tags LOL) and take a "team" photo.  Mods can pose as coaching staff - with Bengalholic posing as the head coach.   Hall of Famers in the front row.  And I'm thinking some sort of Board sponsored jerseys or at least t-shirts.

Just a thought.  I'm getting old man.  This needs to happen soon!  We might even consider doing this if we GO to the Super Bowl.

I will be there if I got the dough and I have a feeling some on here would help me if I don't. Rock On

Come on baby, we can do it!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 12:19 PM)3wt Wrote: OK I'm just saying this now.   If we win a Super Bowl I think the entire board (as many who can make it to Cinci) need to meet at the Bengals practice field (with name tags LOL) and take a "team" photo.  Mods can pose as coaching staff - with Bengalholic posing as the head coach.   Hall of Famers in the front row.  And I'm thinking some sort of Board sponsored jerseys or at least t-shirts.

It’s nice knowing I’ll never meet you guys! Ninja
Reply/Quote
by all reports, the offense is having a great day with all the drives by the 1s and 2s resulting in scores. Chase showing why he was drafted with at least 3 catches.

Smith and Jordan were the guards for the 1st team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 05:03 PM)pally Wrote: by all reports, the offense is having a great day with all the drives by the 1s and 2s resulting in scores. Chase showing why he was drafted with at least 3 catches.

Smith and Jordan were the guards for the 1st team

Love hearing Smith is getting first team reps. I focused completely on Carman, so I missed Smiths performance but I’ve heard over and over that he played very good football. Happy to hear.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 01:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It’s nice knowing I’ll never meet you guys! Ninja

Lol!
Reply/Quote
Burrow has finally connected on his first deep pass.....to CJ Uzomah

Reply/Quote

if we win the superbowl ill try and find a full body Xeno suit for the picture lol...  (will i still need a name tag?)
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: Burrow has finally connected on his first deep pass.....to CJ Uzomah

Reply/Quote
D'Ante Smith and XSF took first string reps at guard today.

At this point I'm betting Smith starts vs Washington.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: Burrow has finally connected on his first deep pass.....to CJ Uzomah

what? "finally"... this is not reassuring. I assumed he had connected deep with all his receivers by now..  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 05:27 PM)Synric Wrote: D'Ante Smith and XSF took first string reps at guard today.

At this point I'm betting Smith starts vs Washington.

Based on what we have been hearing, Smith has lined up with the 1s so far this week.   So I agree with you that he will likely start this week.   

Would be good to see how he performs against the starters this week.   Washington should be a good test for him.    If he stands up well there, we most likely have one of the guard spots locked down.
Reply/Quote