Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Camp updates, pictures?
(08-17-2021, 05:27 PM)Synric Wrote: D'Ante Smith and XSF took first string reps at guard today.

At this point I'm betting Smith starts vs Washington.

Hopefully he turns out to be as much of a 4th round steal for the OL this year, as Geno Atkins was for the DL back in 2010.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 05:27 PM)Synric Wrote: D'Ante Smith and XSF took first string reps at guard today.

No reason not to. See how he stands up against #1s.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: Burrow has finally connected on his first deep pass.....to CJ Uzomah

Love hearing this, love this team and love our QB. Hilarious

They deserve it evidently. Good job. Reward the players playing the best.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 08:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hopefully he turns out to be as much of a 4th round steal for the OL this year, as Geno Atkins was for the DL back in 2010.

Hell, I’ll settle for a Clint Boling type find in the 4th.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: Burrow has finally connected on his first deep pass.....to CJ Uzomah

Glad things keep moving in the right direction. But I just read that this "probably deepest ball we've seen in camp" to C.J was for 25yds. I'm off the ledge now and I'm not going back and I'm sure we'll be fine. But 25yds is the deepest ball in camp? Crazy
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 10:15 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Glad things keep moving in the right direction. But I just read that this "probably deepest ball we've seen in camp" to C.J was for 25yds. I'm off the ledge now and I'm not going back and I'm sure we'll be fine. But 25yds is the deepest ball in camp? Crazy

Rapien said it was 45 yards.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 10:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Rapien said it was 45 yards.

Yep. Hoard confirms that here.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 10:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Rapien said it was 45 yards.

Okay I just saw that post and then when I read Hobson's camp update he mentioned it and said it was 25yds. Hopefully our longest pass isn't 25yds. But either way things are trending up.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hell, I’ll settle for a Clint Boling type find in the 4th.

Him retiring was a big blow to the offensive line as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 05:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we win the superbowl ill try and find a full body Xeno suit for the picture lol...  (will i still need a name tag?)

LOL no.   We'll have to dangle some chains over your head and put a cat at your feet though...
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 03:16 PM)3wt Wrote: LOL no.   We'll have to dangle some chains over your head and put a cat at your feet though...

Sweet.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 10:44 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Okay I just saw that post and then when I read Hobson's camp update he mentioned it and said it was 25yds. Hopefully our longest pass isn't 25yds. But either way things are trending up.

Honestly, it looks closer to 25 then 45 from that clip. But I wasn't there and it could just be the angle. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 04:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Honestly, it looks closer to 25 then 45 from that clip. But I wasn't there and it could just be the angle. 

Is there video of his pass to Uzomah? That video was to Stanley Morgan.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 04:57 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Is there video of his pass to Uzomah? That video was to Stanley Morgan.

No. James Rapien said it was during the media non video portion of practice.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
and it what might be the end of his quest to make the team, Pooka Williams is apparently limping pretty badly after grabbing his hamstring

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 04:03 PM)pally Wrote: and it what might be the end of his quest to make the team, Pooka Williams is apparently limping pretty badly after grabbing his hamstring

Might make it easier to keep him around actually if they can stash him on IR for the season. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
temper temper

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 04:22 PM)pally Wrote: temper temper

“You only average .0257 yards a carry!”

“Oh yeah, well you’re always out of position and can’t tackle!”
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 04:39 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: “You only average .0257 yards a carry!”

“Oh yeah, well you’re always out of position and can’t tackle!”

And that's when tonight's Titanic Struggle err, minor dustup started..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Why is the competition between Spain and Smith.? Don’t understand why one can’t slide over to the other guard position. If they’re the two best guards right now then let them both play.
Reply/Quote