Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Camp updates, pictures?
(08-23-2021, 08:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Any news on D'Ante Smith?

Someone would have said something if he had missed practice so I am assuming he was practicing.  No one said anything specific about him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Wrist injury..further tests
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Much respect to anyone putting in the extra work. Love to see it.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 07:52 PM)pally Wrote:

Is he practicing the footwork for Right Tackle? I wonder if we'll see him on that side in the last preseason game. Excellent to see this along with all the other good news of camp of him and others putting in the extra work and it sounds like it was a really positive day of practice for the offense. 
Reply/Quote

(08-23-2021, 08:57 PM)pally Wrote: Someone would have said something if he had missed practice so I am assuming he was practicing.  No one said anything specific about him

I went through all the pics from today and didn’t see 70 in any of them…

Ofc he could have been out there, but I’m starting to wonder what’s going on.

Reply/Quote
So if he gets hit with a dirty test, that's a 4 game suspension for first offense, correct? If that's what it took to get him back to his pre covid form, 4 games isn't too bad, as long as he doesn't do it again.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 09:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Is he practicing the footwork for Right Tackle? I wonder if we'll see him on that side in the last preseason game. Excellent to see this along with all the other good news of camp of him and others putting in the extra work and it sounds like it was a really positive day of practice for the offense. 

Could be possible Reiff did have a bad false start that last game but he will clean it up the vet that he is.

Like what I am seeing from Carman. Works his ass off.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 09:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So if he gets hit with a dirty test, that's a 4 game suspension for first offense, correct? If that's what it took to get him back to his pre covid form, 4 games isn't too bad, as long as he doesn't do it again.

From the NFLPA as of July 18, 2021 
4 is average, but it can be up to 6.

Most violations of the PED policy come from urine samples during both scheduled and random testing. A first violation of the policy can warrant up to a six-game suspension without pay (the average is usually four games). The use of a masking agent is a two-game suspension. The use of steroids, stimulants, or HGH is a four-game suspension. Any attempt to manipulate a test is six games. A second violation is 10 games and a third violation can be a season-long suspension, sometimes two.
Reply/Quote
I love Carman and others like Chase putting in extra work. I would love to see others join them, like an our entire OL join Carman. Don't they want to be great?

Our number 1 and #2 pick out after practice working on getting better, that is awesome and huge positive for me.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 09:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So if he gets hit with a dirty test, that's a 4 game suspension for first offense, correct? If that's what it took to get him back to his pre covid form, 4 games isn't too bad, as long as he doesn't do it again.

I thought guys who get suspended could still practice and play in preseason games, if so not the reason is he is not practicing in my opinion.

Suspension starts week #1 of regular season if he did it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2021, 01:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought guys who get suspended could still practice and play in preseason games, if so not the reason is he is not practicing in my opinion.

Suspension starts week #1 of regular season if he did it.

Yeah, I'm not saying that is the reason. I'm just pointing out it's not the end of the world if it is. Someone else brought it up.
Reply/Quote
this is not good

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 03:47 PM)pally Wrote: this is not good

Hopefully it isn't serious. He's still on the practice field and they just put ice on his hamstring according to Kelsey Conway.

Edit: Headed in now sounds like the same Hamstring he's been dealing with in camp.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 03:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Hopefully it isn't serious. He's still on the practice field and they just put ice on his hamstring according to Kelsey Conway.

Edit: Headed in now sounds like the same Hamstring he's been dealing with in camp.

He has gone to the locker room, under his own steam, but limping

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Any update on Smith or Sample?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 04:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Any update on Smith or Sample?

In James Rapien's post practice youtube video he said Jackson Carman and D'Ante Smith were going to get alot of snaps in the 3rd pre-season game. 

Reply/Quote
Well at least Waynes has a couple of weeks before we need him.
Reply/Quote