Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Burrow Rushing Back
(08-27-2021, 08:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This. If Willie wanted a job coaching O line in the NFL, he would have one. Not everyone wants the constant daily grind that is the life of a coach.

This.  And financially Willie doesn't have much incentive to want to make that commitment either.

Just ballparking it, I'd guess being the OL coach here pays around 500k.  I'm too lazy to do all of the math, but his combined tax rate would be close to 40%.  So let's he's taking home 300k.  Then figure since he doesn't live here he'll have to buy or rent an additional property to live in during the season. 

What are you left with?  That amount might be great for someone looking to build a career or move up in the ranks.  But Willie is a guy who had over 50 million dollars in career contracts.  Does he really want to uproot his life, and commit to a grueling schedule when he's already pulling in a decent income working for himself?  Is the increase in pay (if there even is one) from what he's doing now vs. a position coach enough to warrant the commitment?  I think that's very doubtful for someone like him.

He'd have to REALLY want to be an NFL coach for it to make sense.  He's already working with kids and teaching the game, and he's already loaded.  And he's doing it all from the comfort of his hometown and he's his own boss.  I just don't see a lot of incentive there.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Carson Palmer suffered his knee injury on January 8th, 2006 and had reconstructive surgery 2 days later - a full 5 weeks later than Burrow. His injuries included numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap. He received a tendon from a woman who had passed away a couple of years prior. His surgeon called his injuries 'devastating and potentially career-ending' and stated 'on a scale of one to three, it was a four. It was off the chart.'

Palmer played all 16 games in 2006, throwing for over 4,000 yards.

Just curious.  As a Doctor, do you know who's knee injury was worse?  I mean there are different levels of injuries.  I was just curious.   Sarcasm

Anyway, Do i think they're rushing him back? I think Burrow wants to play.  I think Burrows probably 85-90% healthy.  

The 10% health I don't know about is his mental health.  So I guess we'll find that out the first time a DL dives at his legs, or a safety blitz knocks him down.  

I'm sure Burrows going to have limitations compared to his rookie year.  People who are used to seeing Burrow scramble and run the RPO offense, I personally don't think you'll see that incorporated into the office this year due to the bulky knee brace Burrow will wear all season.  

I think we'll see more drop backs and roll outs but the designed runs and RPO's I can't see us really running this year. 
Reply/Quote