Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Burrow Rushing Back
Tiger

This is a fair question to all who love the team.
Do you believe the team will rush the "franchise" back too soon. I know that Joe is a competitor but I'd really lean to the cautious side. I'm thinking week four cautious.Thoughts... Especially if he can't fully participate before the season. I just keep thinking Andrew Luck.... Who is our backup btw... No seriously. Just didn't do everything in the power of the organization to protect the guy. I want to believe but its difficult. The reports this week was interests in another wideout.... Why
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer suffered his knee injury on January 8th, 2006 and had reconstructive surgery 2 days later - a full 5 weeks later than Burrow. His injuries included numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap. He received a tendon from a woman who had passed away a couple of years prior. His surgeon called his injuries 'devastating and potentially career-ending' and stated 'on a scale of one to three, it was a four. It was off the chart.'

Palmer played all 16 games in 2006, throwing for over 4,000 yards.
Reply/Quote
They won’t rush him back just so he can play week 1. They have a lot invested in him being healthy for the long run. He will need doctors to clear him every step of the way so no worries.

I think he can and will safely be back for the opener as long as there are no surprises.
They can perform miracles these days with injuries that would have been career ending not long ago.

And I believe Brandon Allen is going to be the second string QB again this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Carson Palmer suffered his knee injury on January 8th, 2006 and had reconstructive surgery 2 days later - a full 5 weeks later than Burrow. His injuries included numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap. He received a tendon from a woman who had passed away a couple of years prior. His surgeon called his injuries 'devastating and potentially career-ending' and stated 'on a scale of one to three, it was a four. It was off the chart.'

Thank you.

But no, according to some, "doctors," on here, he doesn't heal well, he'll be rushed and he'll be gun shy/a ***** on the field and is not going to play like before.

I'm not expecting him to break all of Mahomes numbers, but he's going to have this offense humming and humming well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
No.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Carson Palmer suffered his knee injury on January 8th, 2006 and had reconstructive surgery 2 days later - a full 5 weeks later than Burrow. His injuries included numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap. He received an Achilles tendon from a woman who had passed away a couple of years prior. His surgeon called his injuries 'devastating and potentially career-ending' and stated 'on a scale of one to three, it was a four. It was off the chart.'

Question:
How many times will this offensive guru drop his quarterback to make throws now with Ja'Marr Chase in the fold. This is the only stat that should matter to anyone reading this 6-25-1. I like the Jackson Carman story just like anyone else but this team did nothing along the offensive line at least to this point. They grabbed Rieff on a cigar deal & I get it but thats it. I hope I'm historically wrong Bengalholic but I'm just not convinced with the current offensive line as it sits. They even had interest in Steve Nelson upon reports. How many cornerbacks do you want.....? I can only assume prep for alot of three & outs...  If you look at the schedule and if it starts Zac for the course those five PBS home games in the back half could be empty.. Just saying... I'm rooting for this team but I'm a realist also. Now I'm going to order my tix for the GB game. Sec 149. I'll be in the lot across from UPS as always. I have a portable bar set up so you can't miss me. Come by and talk Bengals & grab a few.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:59 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Question:
How many times will this offensive guru drop his quarterback to make throws now with Ja'Marr Chase in the fold. This is the only stat that should matter to anyone reading this 6-25-1. I like the Jackson Carman story just like anyone else but this team did nothing along the offensive line at least to this point. They grabbed Rieff on a cigar deal & I get it but thats it. I hope I'm historically wrong Bengalholic but I'm just not convinced with the current offensive line as it sits. They even had interest in Steve Nelson upon reports. How many cornerbacks do you want.....? I can only assume prep for alot of three & outs...  If you look at the schedule and if it starts Zac for the course those five PBS home games in the back half could be empty.. Just saying... I'm rooting for this team but I'm a realist also. Now I'm going to order my tix for the GB game. Sec 149. I'll be in the lot across from UPS as always. I have a portable bar set up so you can't miss me. Come by and talk Bengals & grab a few.

Bro

Stop being logical

Just support the team

Frank Pollack is the o-line coach now. Everything is fixed
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:00 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

This is a fair question to all who love the team.
Do you believe the team will rush the "franchise" back too soon. I know that Joe is a competitor but I'd really lean to the cautious side. I'm thinking week four cautious.Thoughts... Especially if he can't fully participate before the season. I just keep thinking Andrew Luck.... Who is our backup btw... No seriously. Just didn't do everything in the power of the organization to protect the guy. I want to believe but its difficult.  The reports this week was interests in another wideout.... Why

From what's been said the Bengals are being very cautious with Burrow's rehab. Joey B is the one saying he will be back week 1 but he knows his Rehab schedule and it's going well.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I predict Burrow throws over 40 times in week one. If I'm wrong I'll declare a delicious pizza to be my hat and then eat said hat.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 01:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bro

Stop being logical

Just support the team

Tiger

That would be awesome but he has his messy bed to make up. This is my look:

Williams/ Adeniji/ Price/ Jackson/ Reiff

I think that when its all said and done thats it.
Don't think Hopkins will be ready just yet.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 01:12 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Williams/ Adeniji/ Price/ Jackson/ Reiff

I think that when its all said and done thats it.
Don't think Hopkins will be ready just yet.

One injury to any of those guys, and things go downhill fast.

Whatever though bro, gotta be positive!

Frank Pollack baby!!
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 01:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: One injury to any of those guys, and things go downhill fast.

Whatever though bro, gotta be positive!

Frank Pollack baby!!

That's obviously not the case. People on this board are allowed to be as positive or negative as they want...and they do so on a regular basis.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Carson Palmer suffered his knee injury on January 8th, 2006 and had reconstructive surgery 2 days later - a full 5 weeks later than Burrow. His injuries included numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap. He received a tendon from a woman who had passed away a couple of years prior. His surgeon called his injuries 'devastating and potentially career-ending' and stated 'on a scale of one to three, it was a four. It was off the chart.'

This, plus watching Burrow throw already he is looking really good and he still has a few months to go.

But I will add we need to run the ball much more than last season. No more throwing it 50 times a game.

I agree with this part from the negative crowd. With this O-line here...

LT - Jonah Williams/Adeniji/D'Ante
LG - Quinton Spain/XSF/Carman
C - Trey Hill/Trey Hopkins/Billy Price
RG - Jackson Carman/XSF/Hill
RT - Riley Reiff/Carman/Adeniji/D'Ante

I think we can run on teams and use Mixon and Evans in the passing game which would be an extension of the running 
game. This would take pressure off of Burrow and open in Play Action where Chase, Boyd and Higgins could feast. Trey 
Hill as you see I have starting the more I watch him play and with Hop coming off of injury.
Reply/Quote
I think the first thing that needs to happen is that some of you need to mature and accept that other people can and will have a different opinion than you. I don't care who you are or what your status is, but it's getting ridiculous with the tantrums and name calling. That applies to the "homers" and the "negative nancies". I used to really enjoy this board, but the whole Chase-Sewell thing and if your opinion differs, it's open season especially if you're "respected" or whatever else you want to be called. Both sides need to step up and learn to deal with other people's opinions better.

For those of us in the middle, I do have concerns about Burrow. Much more so that the OL isn't significantly better than last year. I do worried about him getting re-injured if our "franchise" LT can't stay on the field yet again, if our starting C isn't ready to go, and if there is another injury along the OL. Our depth is trash. Yes, our starting 5 will be much improved but there's not much behind them to be excited about. Our LB situation isn't a whole lot better. Chase was a great pick and I expect big things. The secondary looks good. They did a lot along the DL. The OL is still a huge question especially when it looks like we have our franchise QB.

I can see Burrow trying to rush back, but he's also intelligent. I don't believe he would risk his career to play an extra couple of games. If he looks good, feels good, and says he's ready to play, you let him play. If he's medically cleared, there's not much else you can do.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 01:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bro

Stop being logical

Just support the team

No dude...Frank Pollack if you read on here is the 2nd coming of Jesus himself.  

I think Pollacks a hell of a coach but this line has no where to go but up, but he isnt a flipping miracle worker
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 02:19 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think the first thing that needs to happen is that some of you need to mature and accept that other people can and will have a different opinion than you. I don't care who you are or what your status is, but it's getting ridiculous with the tantrums and name calling. That applies to the "homers" and the "negative nancies". I used to really enjoy this board, but the whole Chase-Sewell thing and if your opinion differs, it's open season especially if you're "respected" or whatever else you want to be called. Both sides need to step up and learn to deal with other people's opinions better.

For those of us in the middle, I do have concerns about Burrow. Much more so that the OL isn't significantly better than last year. I do worried about him getting re-injured if our "franchise" LT can't stay on the field yet again, if our starting C isn't ready to go, and if there is another injury along the OL. Our depth is trash. Yes, our starting 5 will be much improved but there's not much behind them to be excited about. Our LB situation isn't a whole lot better. Chase was a great pick and I expect big things. The secondary looks good. They did a lot along the DL. The OL is still a huge question especially when it looks like we have our franchise QB.

I can see Burrow trying to rush back, but he's also intelligent. I don't believe he would risk his career to play an extra couple of games. If he looks good, feels good, and says he's ready to play, you let him play. If he's medically cleared, there's not much else you can do.

Negative Nancy is an old term and I don't mind being called a Homer, I have thicker skin than that.

I edited my post anyways. We all get along around here for the most part, it is when it gets personal that problems arise and
you just have to ignore those people Muskies. I think we are significantly better on the OL than last year myself. We will all see
how much. But I loved the Reiff, Carman, D'Ante Smith, Trey Hill grabs.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 02:19 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think the first thing that needs to happen is that some of you need to mature and accept that other people can and will have a different opinion than you. I don't care who you are or what your status is, but it's getting ridiculous with the tantrums and name calling. That applies to the "homers" and the "negative nancies". I used to really enjoy this board, but the whole Chase-Sewell thing and if your opinion differs, it's open season especially if you're "respected" or whatever else you want to be called. Both sides need to step up and learn to deal with other people's opinions better.

Muskie, I'm right in the middle with you.  You have your optimist, pessimist and realist.  I truly believe we'd sit in the "realist" section. 

I have no problem telling you the 3 areas I see going into this season as major issues because they are issues until they're proven not to be an issue.  

I've been bitched for having a negative attitude and that I'm not a fan of the team but as I say opinions are like assholes everyone's got one.  

If you don't like mine, don't read my post.  
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 02:21 PM)TJ528 Wrote: No dude...Frank Pollack if you read on here is the 2nd coming of Jesus himself.  

I think Pollacks a hell of a coach but this line has no where to go but up, but he isnt a flipping miracle worker

No one has said that TJ. Who said that? Do you NOT think Pollack is better than Turner?

We will see how well this OL improves, I think it will be significant. If Pollack brings Price out of the cellar he is just that lol
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No one has said that TJ. Who said that? Do you NOT think Pollack is better than Turner?

We will see how well this OL improves, I think it will be significant. If Pollack brings Price out of the cellar he is just that lol

Nate if you see my post following that i truly think Pollack is a hell of a coach. 

I think our 1st string offensive line is going to be MUCH improved this year because of him. 

Turner was a shitty hire as we all said at the time he was hired.  

My problem is the depth.  Until our depth shows improvement we're in trouble.

This line will have injuries this year.  Almost every OL has some sort of injuries.  How do we handle those. 

Does our 2nd and 3rd string step up...I dont think the OL is good past the starting 5. 
Reply/Quote
I would hope not. I think Mixon should mostly be the rushing back. I don't even like that play where the QB keeps the ball and other players push him into huge D Linemen. Good way to kill your QB. In old days Sammy Baugh said they pay me to throw, not run. I think Burrow should throw and let other people do the rushing, he will have a longer career that way.

OK, I know what you mean. Burrow claims he feels pretty good. I think it will come down to how Burrow looks in training camp and preseason. I'm sure doctors and coaches are keeping a close eye on how his health is. Improved Blocking, a running game, and more open receivers would help Burrow greatly.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote