Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Burrow Rushing Back
Pollack isn't a miracle worker, but he was certainly a good hire.

Did we load him down with talent? No. We're still going to need a lot of things to go right for this line to even be average.

Jonah needs to stay healthy. Spain needs to return to form. Carman needs to quickly develop, etc.

Now with all these weapons, it's hard to see Zac reeling in the passing game at all, so if we're throwing 40 times/game with a subpar line and Burrow on a surgically repaired knee...I get why people are concerned.

This has potential disaster written all over it.

If Burrow gets his knee shredded for a 2nd year in a row, after passing on Sewell, these boards are going to get really ugly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 02:37 PM)kevin Wrote: I would hope not. I think Mixon should mostly be the rushing back. I don't even like that play where the QB keeps the ball and other players push him into huge D Linemen.  Good way to kill your QB.  In old days Sammy Baugh said they pay me to throw, not run.  I think Burrow should throw and let other people do the rushing, he will have a longer career that way.

OK, I know what you mean.  Burrow claims he feels pretty good.  I think it will come down to how Burrow looks in training camp and preseason. I'm sure doctors and coaches are keeping a close eye on how his health is. Improved Blocking, a running game, and more open receivers would help Burrow greatly.
Tiger
I guess its time to let the bullets fly.....
Reply/Quote
If anything they're pampering him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If Burrow goes out there and stays healthy and performs well the consensus will be he came back at the right time. If Burrow gets injured again then the consensus will be that he was rushed out too early...

..and that's all I have to say about that
Reply/Quote
Q: Is Burrow rushing back?

A: No, Burrow quarter back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow is on track to return to play according to his prognosis which is constantly re-evaluated based upon his progress.
Reply/Quote
Can anyone who was not behind the Pollack hiring
Expound on who was a better option to replace Turner?
Oline coaches with successful resumes are usually
Retained and very hard to find on the market
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 02:06 PM)jason Wrote: If anything they're pampering him.

As they should
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 02:49 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Can anyone who was not behind the Pollack hiring

Big Willie Anderson
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 02:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: If Burrow goes out there and stays healthy and performs well the consensus will be he came back at the right time. If Burrow gets injured again then the consensus will be that he was rushed out too early...

..and that's all I have to say about that

threadend
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 08:27 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Big Willie Anderson

Willie has a great gig doing his private OL camps. There’s no reason to think he has any desire to give that up to be an assistant coach in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
Quite obviously medically cleared to play and the shed the demons that’s what he going to need to do. Anything can happen of course, did his knee when he was healthy before so there’s possibly more chance of a reoccurrence after an injury but many athletes have done ACL’s and had successful careers.
Here’s hoping Joe blows the cobwebs and doubts out ASAP.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Carson Palmer suffered his knee injury on January 8th, 2006 and had reconstructive surgery 2 days later - a full 5 weeks later than Burrow. His injuries included numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap. He received a tendon from a woman who had passed away a couple of years prior. His surgeon called his injuries 'devastating and potentially career-ending' and stated 'on a scale of one to three, it was a four. It was off the chart.'

Palmer played all 16 games in 2006, throwing for over 4,000 yards.

Thanks for posting this.I didn’t realize that.
So,there you have it,cut Joe loose.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 01:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bro

Stop being logical

Just support the team

Frank Pollack is the o-line coach now. Everything is fixed

A lot of the problem with the OL last year was just simply missed assignments,as opposed to poor blocking,if you watched the film closely.

I think they believe Frank Pollock can fix this problem.Part of it could have been related to poor coaching.Fixing that alone could make this OL significantly better.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 02:49 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Can anyone who was not behind the Pollack hiring

Not sure if he would have been a better option, but Bill Callahan would have been a darn fine one.  He would have come here in a minute if the Bengals had let Turner go after his first season, before he went to the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Nope he's Quarter Back
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:00 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

This is a fair question to all who love the team.
Do you believe the team will rush the "franchise" back too soon. I know that Joe is a competitor but I'd really lean to the cautious side. I'm thinking week four cautious.Thoughts... Especially if he can't fully participate before the season. I just keep thinking Andrew Luck.... Who is our backup btw... No seriously. Just didn't do everything in the power of the organization to protect the guy. I want to believe but its difficult.  The reports this week was interests in another wideout.... Why

No
Reply/Quote
I have been watching threads like this one and other comments about this subject.

1. As others have said...Palmer was back and played week 1 and had a very good year, surgery 5 weeks later than AND it was like 16 years ago (maybe surgery and rehab are better now?) Here is a summary of game 4 of the pre-season (Palmer played)... https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=260901011 ... Also, Palmer threw 35 times in game one that season.

2. The guy is being watched and treated with kid's gloves, guaranteed. They are not going to risk him.

3. He has to play at some point and getting a couple series in live action (even just handing off the ball or a couple screens or something is going to be of great help). I also read that they want to test out the headset and communication live as I guess Pollack and Taylor will be chirping in his ear this year.

4. The guy is going to get hit, period. He is a QB, there is no question about it. He needs to get hit as it will only help. The excuse that it is the pre-season is not an excuse. IF he gets injured again, what does it matter when it is? We are screwed if he does.

Let the guy play....I have all the confidence in the world that he will be just fine. He needs to run out on that field and hear the crowd roar for him. He needs to get pumped up and know this fan base loves him and we are glad he is back and healthy.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 08:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Willie has a great gig doing his private OL camps. There’s no reason to think he has any desire to give that up to be an assistant coach in the NFL.

This. If Willie wanted a job coaching O line in the NFL, he would have one. Not everyone wants the constant daily grind that is the life of a coach.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 01:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bro

Stop being logical

Just support the team

Frank Pollack is the o-line coach now. Everything is fixed

Bro

Stop being logical.

Spend months squealing about how the Bengal coaches suck.

Then when they make a coaching change act like it won't make any difference.

Now you see why logic can get in the way?
Reply/Quote