Sack.
Complete.
False start.
Incomplete.

Work to be done.
Reply/Quote
We talkin' bout practice...

- Allen Iverson
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 05:40 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Jeremy Rauch

@FOX19Jeremy
My notes on #Bengals final 11-on-11 today (First team vs. first team):

False start.
Bad snap — incomplete.
Incomplete.
Sack.
Sack.
Complete.
False start.
Incomplete.

Work to be done.

Glad this is happening now. Get it fixed.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Man I hope we didn't ruin Burrow. I know that is probably ridiculous to worry about early in training
camp but how many years did it take Palmer to get back to playing anywhere near his pre injury
level? 8 yrs?

Definitely puts into perspective the level of mistake it was for Zac not to adjust his play calling
to protect Burrow. Let's hope the news starts to improve from here on out.
Reply/Quote
Burrow isn't ruined. Any QB coming back from injury (especially one caused by a sack) is going to need reps to get their pocket presence back to where it was. Palmer likewise needed reps when he came back to stop seeing ghosts back there.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and remember THIS IS TRAINING CAMP. Even more, they are not running live offensive plays but rather a predefined sequence as they are in the install stage of camp. The same thing applies to the OL where Hopkins and Jonah are back from injury, new starters at RT and RG and our LG was not on the roster this time last season. So 3 new starters. It will take time and reps for them to develop cohesion and to learn the new scheme from the new OL coach.

Which brings me to where I differ from some opinion - to me the starters need lots of preseason reps because of all the new players. With 3 preseason game instead of 4 I would be targeting at least 1 quarter in the first game and 2 quarters in each of the other two. And it is at least as if they are not doing it right they need to stay in until they do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 04:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: Burrow isn't ruined. Any QB coming back from injury (especially one caused by a sack) is going to need reps to get their pocket presence back to where it was. Palmer likewise needed reps when he came back to stop seeing ghosts back there.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and remember THIS IS TRAINING CAMP. Even more, they are not running live offensive plays but rather a predefined sequence as they are in the install stage of camp. The same thing applies to the OL where Hopkins and Jonah are back from injury, new starters at RT and RG and our LG was not on the roster this time last season. So 3 new starters. It will take time and reps for them to develop cohesion and to learn the new scheme from the new OL coach.

Which brings me to where I differ from some opinion - to me the starters need lots of preseason reps because of all the new players. With 3 preseason game instead of 4 I would be targeting at least 1 quarter in the first game and 2 quarters in each of the other two. And it is at least as if they are not doing it right they need to stay in until they do.

I know it was an overreaction and it's early in training camp. It was unrealistic to assume he wouldn't be affected
mentally by the injury. I just keep waiting for some positive news coming out of camp atleast on the offensive 
side of the ball. But it may take Burrow to actually take some hits and realize that he can take a hit.

Thats why I would like to see him get a series or 2 in the preseason to get some of that out of the way before the season. When we draft Chase and have Boyd and Higgins and keep reading how the offense is struggling to 
complete passes it can cause some concern.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
JoeyB got sacked for his first hit of the preseason. Maybe in the long run it is a good thing for him. Ossai on the other hand may be in the doghouse right now

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 04:53 PM)pally Wrote:

Knew this was coming. Everyone that was panicking can take a deep breath now lol.

Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins with a grab....

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 06:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Knew this was coming. Everyone that was panicking can take a deep breath now lol.

Yep. Members were starting to breathe like fat bastard after a 5k. We’re good now.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 05:40 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Jeremy Rauch

@FOX19Jeremy
My notes on #Bengals final 11-on-11 today (First team vs. first team):

False start.
Bad snap — incomplete.
Incomplete.
Sack.
Sack.
Complete.
False start.
Incomplete.

Work to be done.

As a defense guy this looks very encouraging! The only things missing are picks and forced fumbles.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals must have liked how D'Ante Smith has been progressing because he got some reps at first team Left Guard yesterday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Great news with Burrow getting on track and getting hit by Ossai lol

He wanted to get hit. Ossai did him a favor, don't put him in the doghouse.

BTW, like hearing about D'Ante moving to LG and playing well, thought he was a great pick but didn't know he was this
versatile. He got ate up by Hubbard his first day filling in for Reiff understandably but then played good his next day run
blocking and then moving to LG sure makes me think he might be good sooner than I thought.
Reply/Quote
They’ve been moving people around to make sure everyone gets snaps. I expect pretty soon they changeover to starters getting bulk of snaps. Nice to see D’Ante Smith looking sharp.
Reply/Quote
Thad Moss makes a play

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news with Burrow getting on track and getting hit by Ossai lol

He wanted to get hit. Ossai did him a favor, don't put him in the doghouse.

BTW, like hearing about D'Ante moving to LG and playing well, thought he was a great pick but didn't know he was this
versatile. He got ate up by Hubbard his first day filling in for Reiff understandably but then played good his next day run
blocking and then moving to LG sure makes me think he might be good sooner than I thought.

Article I read said DJ Reader took him off the field by the arm to explain "Don't touch the Merchandise"  to him.....lol
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor Quotes on D'Ante Smith.

Quote:"There's just some opportunities with Quinton Spain being out to rotate some other guys in there. He'd been making progress at tackle, let's throw him in at guard and see how he does and he did really well," Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said on Sunday. " So again, you just want to find the best five guys you can put out there and play them. And if D'Ante proves to be one of those guys, let's get him on the field and make it work."

Quote:"He is physical. He's got the right intangibles. He's a smart football player," Taylor said. "And he takes the coaching and makes himself better. So, he takes the coaching from a week ago, he takes the coaching from a day ago, and he uses that to become a better player each day, and you reward that. And so he ran in there with the ones and did a great job. There's a couple things he had not done before until yesterday's move the ball period, and he did them and he did them well. Not to say it was perfect, but I can guarantee you one thing about D'Ante is he'll take the mistakes Frank gives him and he'll correct them today, and he'll be much better today. So, really excited about the progress he's making and just his overall approach has been great to see."

Edit:
Quote:"My first interaction was at the Senior Bowl during that 18 minute meeting with him where he was really impressive," Taylor said. "One of the things he laid out to you back then was his weight progression and what his goals were for his weight, and I still have my notes, he has hit every single weight progression he gave us for the season. The Senior Bowl, the combine time, reporting for NFL, reporting for training camp, bam, he hit all five of them. And so that just tells you he's got that pro mentality, where he's got a plan in place and he's going to execute it. I think he was working out with Sam Hubbard and some of those guys during the offseason, and they were really impressed by him. So just, he's a rookie, but he's got that pro mentality. And that's a great thing to have."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/cincinnati-bengals-rookie-dante-smith-earning-first-team-reps-excited-about-the-progress-hes-making

Reply/Quote