Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Camp updates, pictures?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 06:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Tee Higgins with a grab....

I think Tee will be WR1 this season and for a few to come. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 04:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Article I read said DJ Reader took him off the field by the arm to explain "Don't touch the Merchandise"  to him.....lol

Ha ha, yeah. Definitely remind him that DJ. Love it.

(08-08-2021, 04:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Zac Taylor Quotes on D'Ante Smith.

Edit:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/cincinnati-bengals-rookie-dante-smith-earning-first-team-reps-excited-about-the-progress-hes-making

Man, the D'Ante Smith pick just seems better and better. This is some major compliments from Zac and tells me about D'Ante's
work ethic. Might be a major steal for him to come in as a rookie and do well playing against our #1's on the DL. Now that we 
are healthy pretty much in the trenches we can have some great competition.

Sometimes I hear Zac Taylor talk and I cannot believe he has only won 6 games as a HC. Bet this turns around and he wins a 
lot more than that this year. Would be great for all of us.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I this Tee will be WR1 this season and for a few to come. 

Could be, he sure ain't no punk. Reminds me of AJ. I just think Boyd is a little more sure handed and Chase is quicker and more 
physical but Tee has the size and ability to go up for the ball you just cannot teach. Our Secondary must be pretty damn good to
give these guys trouble.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 04:30 PM)pally Wrote:

Nice. Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 05:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ha ha, yeah. Definitely remind him that DJ. Love it.

Man, the D'Ante Smith pick just seems better and better. This is some major compliments from Zac and tells me about D'Ante's
work ethic. Might be a major steal for him to come in as a rookie and do well playing against our #1's on the DL. Now that we 
are healthy pretty much in the trenches we can have some great competition.

Sometimes I hear Zac Taylor talk and I cannot believe he has only won 6 games as a HC. Bet this turns around and he wins a 
lot more than that this year. Would be great for all of us.

I forget which draft site did the article on Smith, but they had him as the 3rd best G in the entire draft with a late 2nd/early 3rd grade in Feb.... then came the workouts and tape sessions where he had no sognificant 2020 tape, so he fell in the post season draft lead up. They said he was a much better fit at G than OT and predicted that was where he would make an impact.

People sleeping on D'Ante need to read up on and watch his senior bowl tape where he did OUTSTANDINGLY well in team and 1 on 1s.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 06:37 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I forget which draft site did the article on Smith, but they had him as the 3rd best G in the entire draft with a late 2nd/early 3rd grade in Feb.... then came the workouts and tape sessions where he had no sognificant 2020 tape, so he fell in the post season draft lead up. They said he was a much better fit at G than OT and predicted that was where he would make an impact.

People sleeping on D'Ante need to read up on and watch his senior bowl tape where he did OUTSTANDINGLY well in team and 1 on 1s.

That makes no sense to me. Smith has prototypical size and arm length to be an NFL OT. Carman is the one that I saw “2nd best OG prospect” for.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That makes no sense to me. Smith has prototypical size and arm length to be an NFL OT.  Carman is the one that I saw “2nd best OG prospect” for.

Found the article. It's very good. Overview: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/dante-smith-nfl-draft-player-profile-east-carolina-offensive-tackle/

Apparently he stomped all comers at G when put inside at the Senior Bowl, even when matched up against highly thought of SEC DTs.

The link in there towards the end has Smith rated as the 63th best prospect overall (3rd best G).... at the end, before the draft, Smith was rated the106th best player overall. There's another article that I need to find from Feb that had the 3rd best G as well. The tape on his senior bowl is on youtube and is VERY good against top level guys. High ceiling for Smith.

I think I linked the other articles in post draft board discussion... but no one would listen or read them because... No Sewell. Hearts were broken, I guess. lol
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 06:37 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I forget which draft site did the article on Smith, but they had him as the 3rd best G in the entire draft with a late 2nd/early 3rd grade in Feb.... then came the workouts and tape sessions where he had no sognificant 2020 tape, so he fell in the post season draft lead up. They said he was a much better fit at G than OT and predicted that was where he would make an impact.

Wild, I always thought of him as an OT. This is cool.

(08-08-2021, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That makes no sense to me. Smith has prototypical size and arm length to be an NFL OT.  Carman is the one that I saw “2nd best OG prospect” for.

Felt the same.

All I know is if he can play Guard it adds depth and that is what we need most on this team right now on the OL.

(08-08-2021, 06:59 PM)PDub80 Wrote:  Found the article. It's very good. Overview: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/dante-smith-nfl-draft-player-profile-east-carolina-offensive-tackle/

Apparently he stomped all comers at G when put inside at the Senior Bowl, even when matched up against highly thought of SEC DTs.

The link in there towards the end has Smith rated as the 106th best player overall. There's another article that I need to find from Feb that had the 3rd best G as well. The tape on his senior bowl is on youtube and is VERY good against top level guys. High ceiling for Smith.

I think I linked the other articles in post draft board discussion... but no one would listen or read them because... No Sewell. Hearts were broken, I guess. lol

Thanks PDub. This is good stuff man. Cool
Reply/Quote
Sounds like offense won the last couple of days. Maybe they are starting to get into sync?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sounds like offense won the last couple of days. Maybe they are starting to get into sync?

Maybe, I like. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sounds like offense won the last couple of days. Maybe they are starting to get into sync?

I figured this would happen as soon as the installs were over. Burrow is a very cerebral QB, and being able to read the defense and change the plays is a big part of his game.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I figured this would happen as soon as the installs were over. Burrow is a very cerebral QB, and being able to read the defense and change the plays is a big part of his game.

Same. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I'd rather see this than what we saw the last couple of camps where the offense won even during install - that is a major warning sign the defense has problems.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'd rather see this than what we saw the last couple of camps where the offense won even during install - that is a major warning sign the defense has problems.

No doubt.

It is nice seeing a good battle again.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wild, I always thought of him as an OT. This is cool.

Felt the same.

All I know is if he can play Guard it adds depth and that is what we need most on this team right now on the OL.

Thanks PDub. This is good stuff man. Cool

Thanks! Editing my original post. At the time of the article (Feb), Smith was 64th highest ranked prospect.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 09:05 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Thanks! Editing my original post. At the time of the article (Feb), Smith was 64th highest ranked prospect.

No prob, really liked D'Ante before the Draft. Pretty cool that he is already playing good. 

Loved Jessie Bates before we drafted him too.

Hope D'Ante becomes a great OL like Jessie has became a great Safety. That would be awesome. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I really like what Zac Taylor and Frank Pollack are doing with the interior offensive line competition.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 09:05 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Thanks! Editing my original post. At the time of the article (Feb), Smith was 64th highest ranked prospect.

I was in the Smith Camp, although I thought we drafted him to groom him for the RT spot, but if he works out as a G, then all the better. I knew Carman was going to likely be moved to G, so wasn't worried about that pick other than a little time to transition would be needed.

So looks like next year we will be looking at the C spot maybe and definitely RT. 

Love the Defense and everyone healthy, makes a big difference. Our backfield is no slouch, but we need that DL to put on that pressure and see what our young LB's can do.
Reply/Quote
I expect Reiff will be extended and that Trey Smith is being groomed for the C spot. He has flashed more than once in camp and has been basically impossible to bull rush so far.
Reply/Quote