Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can it get any worse?
The answer is yes. The Reds are 2-10 and heading for a record losing season. We have no offense or even potential offense. The injuries are also piling up. I have given up on this season and just enjoying the games though. I got a sense from Cowboy tonight that he thinks the Reds stink.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
There is no way they re-sign any of their young stars. India, Stephenson, Greene and Lodolo will all be elsewhere for their 2nd contract.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 03:12 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The answer is yes. The Reds are 2-10 and heading for a record losing season. We have no offense or even potential offense. The injuries are also piling up. I have given up on this season and just enjoying the games though. I got a sense from Cowboy tonight that he thinks the Reds stink.

He ain't wrong. It's going to be a very long season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm only going to watch one game a week. The game that Hunter Greene starts.

If he gets injured or they limit his innings and he is no longer playing, I won't be watching any more Reds this season.

They are the worst team I've seen in a long, long time. Especially with Castillo, Senzel, India and now Stevenson injured.
Reply/Quote
Reds will obtain new ownership. Phil et al. will not survive this fiasco.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 12:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm only going to watch one game a week. The game that Hunter Greene starts.

If he gets injured or they limit his innings and he is no longer playing, I won't be watching any more Reds this season.

They are the worst team I've seen in a long, long time. Especially with Castillo, Senzel, India and now Stevenson injured.

Right, I may try to catch a Green or Lodolo game every now and again ? But my Reds watching will reach an all time low this season I'm pretty sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 01:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Reds will obtain new ownership.  Phil et  al. will not survive this fiasco.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. They'll probably need the cardboard cut out fans again in the stands again before this dud of a season is over.
Reply/Quote
Reds have had a lot of bad teams, but this looks like it could be the worst.

They were bad to begin with, but with injuries it is now basically a minor league lineup.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Reds have had a lot of bad teams, but this looks like it could be the worst.

They were bad to begin with, but with injuries it is now basically a minor league lineup.

I've been saying this in most of my posts, but now I also opine it's not even a good AAA worthy squad.

We're on pace to win like 25 games. Obviously, they are bound to win some games because who the hell only wins 25 games in a season? Maybe they can become the worst MLB team ever.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 10:02 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've been saying this in most of my posts, but now I also opine it's not even a good AAA worthy squad.

We're on pace to win like 25 games. Obviously, they are bound to win some games because who the hell only wins 25 games in a season? Maybe they can become the worst MLB team ever.

They may well challenge for it. Team batting average (bad) crown. Team (bad) ERA crown so on so on. You'll probably be able to pick your seat by mid MAY.
Reply/Quote
Now we are 2-12. 10 game losing streak. What is the MLB record for consecutive loses? We may be challenging it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 11:02 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Now we are 2-12. 10 game losing streak. What is the MLB record for consecutive loses? We may be challenging it.

I don't know the record but back in '88 the O's lost 20+ games to start the season. Thus, it can get worse for us lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 10:02 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've been saying this in most of my posts, but now I also opine it's not even a good AAA worthy squad.

No need to get silly about this.  The Reds are much better than any AAA team.  There are a lot of players in AAA who could make our roster, but no one team would be close.

But I don't think it is crazy to claim that this team is going to be one of the worst in Reds history.  The only Reds team to lose more than 100 games was '82.  I think we have that in our sights right now.

Th '15 team lost 98, but looking at the team stats they were ahead of a handful of teams in both hitting and pitching.  That was a very bad team, but this year we are looking at epically bad.  We are at the very bottom in both hitting and pitching.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote:
No need to get silly about this.  The Reds are much better than any AAA team.
  There are a lot of players in AAA who could make our roster, but no one team would be close.

But I don't think it is crazy to claim that this team is going to be one of the worst in Reds history.  The only Reds team to lose more than 100 games was '82.  I think we have that in our sights right now.

Th '15 team lost 98, but looking at the team stats they were ahead of a handful of teams in both hitting and pitching.  That was a very bad team, but this year we are looking at epically bad.  We are at the very bottom in both hitting and pitching.

It's not a silly take, just not a post with much depth in explaining the opinion. The rotation is filled with young pitchers not ready for the big leagues, they need more time in the minors. Mahle might be the only big leaguer on the mound until Castillo returns.

Moran, Drury, Shrock, Riddle, Aquino, Fraley, & Friedl could easily be AAA players. It's a bad squad. 
Reply/Quote
Watched today's 5-0 drubbing from the Cardinals. The Reds look unenergetic and pathetic. Surprised to see people in the stands. Probably won't last long.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 08:48 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Watched today's 5-0 drubbing from the Cardinals. The Reds look unenergetic and pathetic. Surprised to see people in the stands. Probably won't last long.

Exactly

They keep talking fight through it, keep their heads up, blah, blah.

But the look like a team praying for September to come.
Reply/Quote
Fraley replaced Winker and currently that's a wash
.129, 1 HR, 5 R, 3 RBI
.130, 5 R, 2 RBI
Drury replaced Suarez and currently that's a loss
.206, 2 HR, 2 R, 5 RBI
.260, 3 HR, 10 R, 11 RBI
Garcia replaced Barnhart and currently that's a win
.294, 5-17, 1 2B, 2 R
.217, 5-23, 5 singles
Aquino replaced Castellanos and I don't even know how to measure that.
.053, 2-38, 1 HR, 1 R, 2 RBI with 21 of his 40 plate appearances ending in a strike out.
.321, 18-56, 3 HR, 8 R, 9 RBI
Greene replaced Gray and currently that's mostly a wash
5.27, 1-2, 16 Ks in 13.2 innings
5.68, 0-1, 5 Ks in only 6.1 innings pitched in 2 starts
Lodolo replaced Miley and that's currently a win as Miley has been injured.
Sanmartin is holding Castillo's spot. He should take Strickland's spot when Castillo comes back.

Add in a brutal schedule following a shortened Spring Training, mix in a few cups of injuries, sprinkle in some young pitching with a dash of David Bell and it's the recipe for disaster.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I can't help but to pull for them when they're playing. I feel really bad for the players. I know they are embarrassed. Yesterday while I was at 5:00 mass I kept checking the score on my Apple Watch. God forgive me.
Reply/Quote
It could indeed. The only reason to watch is to see the young pitching prospects develop. Now it looks like they overworked Greene in the game that he threw the record number of 100 mph plus pitches. The record is cool but meaningless. Greene as a prospect is not. If they've gotten him injured through mismanagement, then that's the worst possible outcome. You can't kill a big part of the future franchise because he's the only thing people are tuning to watch.
Reply/Quote
Well they're the worst team in MLB so how does it go down from here ?
Reply/Quote