Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can we make any more signings?
Now that we've made some major cuts, it will be interesting to start comparing salaries of players we dropped to players we signed.

Carl Lawson --- Trey Hendrickson
Geno Atkins --- Larry Ogunjobi
Bobby Hart --- Riley Reiff
AJ Green --- ?
WJIII --- Mike Hilton
Mackezie Alexander --- Chidobe Awuzie

We also dumped Dunlap's salary last season.

I just wonder how much $$$ we have left after all this. The outgoing salaries are probably equal to the incoming...if not more. So we should be able to swing a couple more decent free agents. I think. All of our expensive old core (Dalton, Green, Dunlap, Atkins, Burfict, Whit etc) are gone now. We have a QB on a cheap rookie deal, and we dumped all the big contracts. Although we did replace them with some other big contracts (Mixon, Hendrickson, etc)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We have just under $30 million in space without knowing the financials on some of our latest signings (Reiff, Thomas, etc).

That # also does not count draft picks (around $11 million). Though if we draft players, some of them would be replacing guys currently on the roster, so there will be an offset there.

We could also release some guys to create more space (Uzomah, Bernard, Price).
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We have just under $30 million in space without knowing the financials on some of our latest signings (Reiff, Thomas, etc).

That # also does not count draft picks (around $11 million). Though if we draft players, some of them would be replacing guys currently on the roster, so there will be an offset there.

We could also release some guys to create more space (Uzomah, Bernard, Price).

If we release Uzomah we would have 2 TEs under contract.

I know people want to hate on him, but right now he isn't going anywhere.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh, while I think some guys on the OPs list are natural like for like replacements (Lawson/Hendrickson, Atkins/Ogunjobi, Hart/Reiff), I think some of the others are off a tad. Particularly at CB.

The WJ3 replacement is Waynes. He's our new CB#1. Awuzie is replacing Sims, who was CB#2 while Waynes was out all of last year. Hilton is a slot corner and is a direct replacement for Alexander. Bit of a cheat since Waynes was technically on the team last year, though he did not play. Looks like Phillips, Brown, and Davis are the backups, again.
Reply/Quote
Don't be surprised if the cash is NOT used now, but IS used after the draft, for a Bates and Hubbard front-loaded extension.

Which I'd be cool with as well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm expecting them to do the following:

Re-sign:

1) Kevin Huber-P
2) Jordan Evans-LB
3) Quintan Spain-G

Outside FA's

1) Chris Conley-WR(JAX) #3/4 wideout
2) Daniel Carlson-K (LV)

-I'm thinking that's the end of the big ticket guys, as Golladay is asking too much, as I wouldn't pay that and I'm thinking we are taking an offensive tackle early in the draft to man one of the guard spots.

Williams/XSF/Hopkins/Draft/Reiff
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:28 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Oh, while I think some guys on the OPs list are natural like for like replacements (Lawson/Hendrickson, Atkins/Ogunjobi, Hart/Reiff), I think some of the others are off a tad. Particularly at CB.

The WJ3 replacement is Waynes. He's our new CB#1. Awuzie is replacing Sims, who was CB#2 while Waynes was out all of last year. Hilton is a slot corner and is a direct replacement for Alexander. Bit of a cheat since Waynes was technically on the team last year, though he did not play.  Looks like Phillips, Brown, and Davis are the backups, again.

I knew the CB's were off a bit, but I was looking at salary vs salary for incoming/outgoing more than anything else.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:31 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I'm expecting them to do the following:

Re-sign:

1) Kevin Huber-P
2) Jordan Evans-LB
3) Quintan Spain-G

Outside FA's

1) Chris Conley-WR(JAX) #3/4 wideout
2) Daniel Carlson-K (LV)

-I'm thinking that's the end of the big ticket guys, as Golladay is asking too much, as I wouldn't pay that and I'm thinking we are taking an offensive tackle early in the draft to man one of the guard spots.

Williams/XSF/Hopkins/Draft/Reiff

Raiders placed a 2nd rd tender on Carlson....
Reply/Quote
I think the cap is tighter than people here think currently. I'd like to see numbers on Reiff before I get my hopes up about other additions.
Reply/Quote
I'm assuming they're setting a few bucks for extensions which we usually do right before the season starts.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think the cap is tighter than people here think currently. I'd like to see numbers on Reiff before I get my hopes up about other additions.

It might be.

I'm just looking at all the big contracts we've dumped (Atkins, Green, Hart) and feel those probably come close to offsetting big contracts to Hendrickson, Hunt and Reiff...and that's not factoring in how much space we came into the off-season with. The cuts are in addition to that already big number.
Reply/Quote
I think right now, this about wraps any more FA signings.
Now you work on extending Jessie Bates
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They might be.

I'm just looking at all the big contracts we've dumped (Atkins, Green, Hart) and feel those probably come close to offsetting big contracts to Hendrickson, Hunt and Reiff...and that's not factoring in how much space we came into the off-season with. The cuts are in addition to that already big number.

Green was already off the books in all projections we had done coming into the year. While we cut Geno and Hard we know we only save 3.5 going from Geno to Larry so we are only up 3.5 and still have Reiff. You could probably guess Reiff will eat of Hart's cap plus that 3.5. 
Reply/Quote
I read they're still kicking tires on DTs.

I'd imagine they'd want to sign a guard still. Anyone know what Trai Turner's reputation is character-wise?
Reply/Quote
Right now, Cincinnati is approximately 70M under 2022 season's projected cap depending on Reiff's deal.  I don't know that they are penny pinching for those extensions.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:23 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Right now, Cincinnati is approximately 70M under next season's projected cap depending on Reiff's deal.  I don't know that they are penny pinching for those extensions.

Absolutely no chance. Spotrac shows us at 29 without Reiff, Mike Thomas, and Tony Brown currently. I am guessing Brown and Thomas may get bumped from the 51 rule, so it could just be Reiff who has an impact at this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Absolutely no chance. Spotrac shows us at 29 without Reiff currently.

That is the 2021 rollover. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:32 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: That is the 2021 rollover. 

No it isn't, that is the cap after the top 51 salaries as of right now before Reiff is added.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: No it isn't, that is the cap after the top 51 salaries as of right now before Reiff is added.

This is what I am seeing

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: No it isn't, that is the cap after the top 51 salaries as of right now before Reiff is added.

Depending on Reiff's number, I'd say a couple other decent additions is definitely not out of the question.

Most teams would love to have over $25 million left at this point. Where does that figure rank?
Reply/Quote