Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the Bears game.
(08-30-2015, 02:12 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: To be fair that Triplett crew was on some flag happy BS!!!

I know they tend to do that in the preseason and back off some when the season starts but damn, that was over the top.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:55 PM)kramer1 Wrote: Gio Bernard looks terrible. I see no reason to let him on the field. He's not fooling anybody.

I was beginning to think I was the only person who was seeing this. Love the guy, but he has looked awful.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm one of the bigger Tate supporters on the boards, but Pacman is a much better punt returner.

He's also a full-time starter this year. His opportunities were limited even when he wasn't starting.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Jones looks like a Lamborghini and you gotta keep Carter
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:16 AM)Beaker Wrote: With Burkhead shining as a slot WR, the Bengals could afford to keep one less from the WR group. Burkhead's versatility means we could keep another LB...or decide some other back end roster position later when Burfict comes off the injured list. With a thin LB corps, I would like to see the cut come from some other group.

I really think this is the way they'll go.  Burkhead can play both Half Back and Slot WR.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:03 PM)McC Wrote: I agree and would add that he is at his best in the no huddle.

Yes he is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 10:10 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: 1. Jay Cutler is not going to like what he sees today.
2. John Fox is not going to like what he sees today.
3. Pass rush was there; coverage was good. Bengals' run D could stand to tighten up.
4. Obviously there's a faction of Bengaldom that might welcome a QB controversy. There isn't one, but try telling them!
5. Hue tipped a bit of his hand. Probably felt he had to.
6. Lots o' weapons on O, but Burkhead-Eifert feels new and looks sparkly. Marvin Jones, we missed you.
7. Peko and Bodine played better in their respective middles. Any infielder will tell ya that's where a strong defense begins.
8. Hill crossed the plane, dammit!
9. #49 is a bad, bad man.
10. Haven't seen Vontaze and MJ, plus no Sims last night. Nice to know they're in the back pocket, isn't it?

Peko did good against double teams I thought, and he has always been strong laterally.

I thought Bodine was terrible, but really on the basis of 2 or 3 plays.  One play he was just shoved into our backfield.   I thought strength was supposed to be his strong suit.

I am very concerned about him.  I think the running game will be inconsistent because of him.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:30 AM)Beaker Wrote: I think you definitely need to hold on to Watson. I would love to see them give him some runs against 1s or 2s on Thursday. That guy is a tough runner.

I agree with this.   Plus we'll be keeping Tate, who has done well on special teams.  I want to keep a guy who can pound it.  And Hill got injured last year.  There's not another back with his profile.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 10:53 AM)kevin Wrote: Just as this team has the last 4 years going to play-offs, it bounced back. NO QUIT after the Tampa game. I LIKE THAT, the NO QUIT.......We have needed depth at QB for some years now, and McCarron healthy now and getting his reps in is great to see. It is not a QB controversy because every position needs depth in case of injuries, as Ohio State proved at QB last year......Burkhead was used in many ways and with him being able to line up as a RB or a receiver, Eifert able to line up as a tight end or WR, Sanu able to throw a bomb on an end run, we have the RAZZLE DAZZLE.....but we also have Hill, the big back Paul Brown always had in Motley, Jim Brown. Pete Johnson, Ickey and others. So we can play smash mouth football......but glad to see both QBs looking good last night and all the weapons on offense. The 21 to 0 start was a good effort by both offense and defense.....and I love the NO QUIT this team has shown since after the awful 2010 season.

they better not freaking be quitting after preseason game 2 lol
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 02:42 PM)3wt Wrote: I agree with this.   Plus we'll be keeping Tate, who has done well on special teams.  I want to keep a guy who can pound it.  And Hill got injured last year.  There's not another back with his profile.

Watson just looks to good... And wilder has had some great moments...

I think one of them sticks. weather they bump Peerman off the roster or they go light elsewhere (or list burkhead as a WR)
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:34 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: I've never ever understood the Tate bashing. A very good returner and always shows up when given a chance on the field.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000406413/Tate-fumble-returned-for-a-TD (I realize this is only one play, but it epitomizes every complaint I have about him in one fell swoop)

Here you go. He brings it out on a regular basis when taking the touchback is clearly the better option, and he fumbles it frequently. There was a thread on the old boards titled "No one is better than Brandon Tate" because there were so many times it would have been more beneficial to the team to play with ten men and let the ball bounce out the back of the end zone instead of letting Tate on the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:34 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: I've never ever understood the Tate bashing. A very good returner and always shows up when given a chance on the field.

He's made some bad decisions back there - but overall he's a decent return guy.  My problem is that he's a lackluster receiver who rarely gets separation.   But he makes the team this year, and has earned it on an expanded role on special teams.  He's done a good job as a gunner.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 12:42 PM)3wt Wrote: He's made some bad decisions back there - but overall he's a decent return guy.  My problem is that he's a lackluster receiver who rarely gets separation.   But he makes the team this year, and has earned it on an expanded role on special teams.  He's done a good job as a gunner.

we have seen him make some nice catches in his limited time(snaps) as a WR for us...
Reply/Quote
Just watched the dvr last night.....much better effort and energy across the board. I realize it was a depleted Bears team, but I didn't see a poor effort, I saw guys getting after it.

McCarron looked markedly better on his deeper passes, and Andy looked sharp to. Big improvement on the o line, and defense looked better than at Tampa.

All in all, just what we wanted to see.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:59 PM)McC Wrote: MJ will help a lot,  make them much stronger against the run.  Burfict will help too, of course.  Goebbels seems pretty sure he starts the year on PUP.

Somebody has to be able to take snaps from Peko.  He can NOT play more than rotational snaps.  Hope Sims can stay in the lineup.

(08-30-2015, 01:02 PM)Rattler Wrote: ^^^  Exactly what I'm thinking.  

^^^ Exactly what I am thinking as well!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:12 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: To be fair that Triplett crew was on some flag happy BS!!!

They flagged everything! Didn't matter the team, nearly every play ended with a flag. Ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
The Bears are not very good. We showed that we were a lot better.
Reply/Quote