Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capers Turns Down Offer
Just read Dom Capers turned down off from Bengals as DC. Del Rio doesn't pan out, and Dom turns away from it. Whats going on? I saw Taylor was looking at a Rams DB coach. Looking like the defense isn't going to get the experienced DC we all wanted.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/6/18211119/dom-capers-declines-bengals-offer-per-report
Reply/Quote
Oh no. How will be cope?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Yeah this one doesn't bother me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not upset about it not being Capers, but this is a concerning trend. JDR and Zac apparently didn't hit it off. A guy like Capers who should be thrilled to have this opportunity doesn't even want it. The ghastly Turner hire. And now our leading candidate looks wholly inexperienced and unqualified.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:04 AM)GodFather Wrote: Just read Dom Capers turned down off from Bengals as DC. Del Rio doesn't pan out, and Dom turns away from it. Whats going on? I saw Taylor was looking at a Rams DB coach. Looking like the defense isn't going to get the experienced DC we all wanted.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/6/18211119/dom-capers-declines-bengals-offer-per-report

Good, I'm tired of all these old men as coordinators.  Its time for the new generation to take over.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:15 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm not upset about it not being Capers, but this is a concerning trend. JDR and Zac apparently didn't hit it off. A guy like Capers who should be thrilled to have this opportunity doesn't even want it. The ghastly Turner hire. And now our leading candidate looks wholly inexperienced and unqualified.

Do you ever consider that ZT may have not liked JDR's plan for the defense and intends to change the scheme?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I suspect every one of these "seasoned"
 coaches came in and had a "alrighty youngster, this is the way we are going to run the team" mentality. Taylor does not need that....
Reply/Quote
the word is capers is being courted by miami
Reply/Quote
Nothing concerning. Just reality. MB is paying the old assistants. He's not going to pay big money for these seasoned vets or big name coaches. That's why you see the staff you see assembling.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:29 AM)jj22 Wrote: Nothing concerning. Just reality. MB is paying the old assistants. He's not going to pay big money for these seasoned vets or big name coaches. That's why you see the staff you see assembling.

Which is fine, but if we have no intent to pay these older, "big name" guys, why are we reaching out to them?

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:17 AM)Okeana Wrote: Do you ever consider that ZT may have not liked JDR's plan for the defense and intends to change the scheme?

Change what scheme? He's never coached a game. 

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:41 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Which is fine, but if we have no intent to pay these older, "big name" guys, why are we reaching out to them?

They can reach out hoping they'll work under their budget. Nothing wrong with that.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:04 AM)GodFather Wrote: Just read Dom Capers turned down off from Bengals as DC. Del Rio doesn't pan out, and Dom turns away from it. Whats going on? I saw Taylor was looking at a Rams DB coach. Looking like the defense isn't going to get the experienced DC we all wanted.

Fine with me.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: the word is capers is being courted by miami

Perfect fit for him. Most guys his age are already in Miami.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: They can reach out hoping they'll work under their budget. Nothing wrong with that.

Sorry, I'm just confused which page of the message board playbook I should be referencing. 

Are we not bringing these guys in because of a scheme fit or because we can't afford them and they wouldn't accept our bargain contract offer which may not include much money, but loads of skyline coupons?

Both outcomes are being referenced in a very short thread. 

Reply/Quote
When in doubt, it's always about the money.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: When in doubt, it's always about the money.

Well, around here, anyway.

FOR the record, I am not at all disappointed Jack Down by the River and Dom Capers are not coming.

It's the process that's concerning me, and I'm still recovering emotionally and physically from the Turner hire. 

Reply/Quote
Capers is being linked to consultant positions in sunny Florida.  Lemme see, I'm 60+, will I move to Fla and do a consultant gig, or will I move to southern Ohio and work 70+ hours a week as a DC?  I think even I know that answer....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I suspect every one of these "seasoned"
 coaches came in and had a "alrighty youngster, this is the way we are going to run the team" mentality. Taylor does not need that....

Then why would we make an offer for Capers to turn down?

These experienced coaches are turning us down, not the other way around.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I suspect every one of these "seasoned"

Agree, there can only be 1 captain of the ship. It seems both these guys turned us down, so not so sure why a lot of people are freaking out over this..... If you read the transcripts of his presser, Taylor said he wasn't in no hurry to tab a DC. When they find the right fit, they will offer it. Also he isn't to sure if it's going to be 4-3 or 3-4....
Reply/Quote