Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cappa - Out until training camp
Core muscle injury per today practice report.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Here we go.....
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Not overly concerned at this point. More time for Carman and Volson. If Cappa is back for TC we will be just fine. Spain would probably only cost $1-1.5 mil too. Just sayin. Always nice to have insurance. Cappa goes down and we have questions at both guard spots. It’s a long season and anything can happen
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 02:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Not overly concerned at this point. More time for Carman and Volson. If Cappa is back for TC we will be just fine. Spain would probably only cost $1-1.5 mil too. Just sayin. Always nice to have insurance. Cappa goes down and we have questions at both guard spots. It’s a long season and anything can happen

^This

There is no way we will go a full season with no injuries to the OL. Someone is going to be out at some point. Hopefully not long term but its a long grueling season. Better to have good backups ready to go then end up with a decimated line and a QB getting popped all the time again.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 02:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Not overly concerned at this point. More time for Carman and Volson. If Cappa is back for TC we will be just fine. Spain would probably only cost $1-1.5 mil too. Just sayin. Always nice to have insurance. Cappa goes down and we have questions at both guard spots. It’s a long season and anything can happen

Yep

I'm hoping they sign an experienced vet at some point.
Reply/Quote
Spain is ideal
Reply/Quote
Jesus Christ.......
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 03:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I'm hoping they sign an experienced vet at some point.

Kinda thought they would at some point, maybe this sparks interest.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have a lot of young Day 3 draft picks sitting behind these veterans, but there can't be any confidence (by fans) in any of them until we see them some first.

An injury to Williams means likely Smith starting at LT.
An injury to Karras means either Hill or Brown starting at C.
An injury to Cappa means either Adeniji or Volson starting at RG.
An injury to Collins means either Prince or Smith starting at RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 03:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals have a lot of young Day 3 draft picks sitting behind these veterans, but there can't be any confidence (by fans) in any of them until we see them some first.

An injury to Williams means likely Smith starting at LT.
An injury to Karras means either Hill or Brown starting at C.
An injury to Cappa means either Adeniji or Volson starting at RG.
An injury to Collins means either Prince or Smith starting at RT.

Why Brown at center and not Gaillard?

Also, Zac confirmed that all players currently rehabbing should be back in time for training camp. That includes Higgins and Wilson as well as Ossai

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Spain would be the ultimate sign here.Could probably get him cheap.We should have already signed Spain even before Cappa became questionable.They should have to provide Burrow good protection,and that should be the top priority going into the upcoming season.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 04:25 PM)pally Wrote: Why Brown at center and not Gaillard?

Also, Zac confirmed that all players currently rehabbing should be back in time for training camp.  That includes Higgins and Wilson as well as Ossai

Mainly because I know nothing about Gaillard so already assuming he doesn't make the team lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd like to see what Ereck Flowers wants to play for a contender for a year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 04:43 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Spain would be the ultimate sign here.Could probably get him cheap.We should have already signed Spain even before Cappa became questionable.They should have to provide Burrow good protection,and that should be the top priority going into the upcoming season.

That's the thing !

I mean I get it. I know you can't have 5 all-pro backups sitting on the bench. But in the same breath lets just say whoever they pencil in as the starting LG is struggling and then somebody on right side has to miss a couple games. Then we're right back to Adeniji, Prince and the other guys whos names I don't remember.

At least sign one more vet interior Olinman, please.
Reply/Quote

ZT said "Out a couple weeks nothing overly concerning." Saying 'out until training camp' feels a little disingenuous. The dude is a vet I'm sure any sign of a bump or bruise and he's taking the cautious route. Hell, Trey Hendrickson didn't even show up to these practices. All the 'here we go..' comments are just dumb.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 02:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Core muscle injury per today practice report.

Well that's not good, but better now than in pre or regular season, as others have said, Spain would be good insurance and he already knows the coaches and the system.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 03:18 PM)Tony Wrote: Jesus Christ.......

Too expensive.

We need to be looking at guys for $3-$4 million.  We have plenty of cap space and we could sign someone with starting experience for that.
Reply/Quote
Alex is only 27 years old and has not missed a game since '19 (when he missed 3 but returned to finish the season)
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 05:43 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:   All the 'here we go..' comments are just dumb.

As a fan of both the Kentucky Wildcats and Lakers... my coaches tend to lie on how bad the injury is.  A couple weeks for my squads tend to be for the year.

Sorry for my nepotism. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 03:18 PM)Tony Wrote: Jesus Christ.......

We should keep him at QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote