Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cappa - Out until training camp
(07-30-2022, 11:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's a post in my thread. One that again highlights your obsession with me dating back 2 months (although it's been years) as well as your inability to face the reality of simple observations and opinions you don't like even when they are legit, and often prove to be so.

Either way, back injuries are tricky. Reoccurring ones are as well for lineman. This isn't a hot take. It's reality. 

No, it’s choosing to be chicken little, and worry about something that’s not even a big deal.

Anyway, if you’re that bothered by my “obsession with you” I suggest using the ignore function.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 12:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyway, if you’re that bothered by my “obsession with you” I suggest using the ignore function.

I feed off of the attention. It'd be a boring place around here without the peanut gallery. Why ignore my fans... Yall love to hate me and I love triggering you guys. A win, win.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 12:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: It sounds like it is something he deals with and at least the FO knew as he has some game day roster clause in his contract.

Link to the "game day roster clause"?
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 07:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Link to the "game day roster clause"?

Contract Details: Cincinnati Bengals Signed La'el Collins to Bargain Deal - Sports Illustrated Cincinnati Bengals News, Analysis and More

Quote:The 28-year-old signed a three-year, $21 million contract. Collins received a $5 million signing bonus and over $7 million is tied to per game roster bonuses. 

Reply/Quote
Also Hobs brought it up.....

https://www.bengals.com/news/mike-brown-on-naming-rights-coaches-

Quote:INJURY UPDATE:

Taylor indicated that the injuries to the new starting right side of the line won't sideline right guard Alex Cappa and right tackle La'el Collins for a major amount of time. Cappa is coming off surgery and is on the physically unable to perform list (PUP). Since Collins hurt his back earlier this month away from the facility, it's classified as a non-football injury and is on the NFI list. Both can be activated for practice at any time.

"We're going to go slow. In a short time (Cappa) will be able to come back," Taylor said. "Same thing with LC. He's got an issue with his back … things he's dealt with before. His communication has been great. Those are two veteran guys that we want to make sure we ease into training camp slowly so that they're ready for the stuff that is vitally important down the stretch."

Collins, who turns 29 Tuesday, has had injury issues throughout his career. He didn't play at all in 2020 because of a hip problem and when the Bengals signed him back in March, the deal reportedly included $7 million tied to per game roster bonuses.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 02:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Also Hobs brought it up.....

https://www.bengals.com/news/mike-brown-on-naming-rights-coaches-

I like that they'd be available if needed but Taylor isn't rushing them into anything.

Hopefully, they can get with the rest of the line in a short period of time and be clicking on all cylinders because we all know that an offensive line is the only thing that kept us from winning the Super Bowl last season.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 02:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

That is good news.  Getting the starting 5 working together couldn't have happened soon enough.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 06:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: I feed off of the attention. It'd be a boring place around here without the peanut gallery. Why ignore my fans... Yall love to hate me and I love triggering you guys. A win, win.

some people on here seem to really be easy to trigger especially if you venture into their sacred territory...
Reply/Quote

Hated the injury, but if he acquired phasing abilities its worth it.  
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 05:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: some people on here seem to really be easy to trigger especially if you venture into their sacred territory...

Alex Cappa and La’el Collins are “sacred territory” now? LOL

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 12:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Alex Cappa and La’el Collins are “sacred territory” now? LOL
I would say yes, as they are here to protect Joe Burrow AKA the franchise. "sacred territory"
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 02:57 AM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: I would say yes, as they are here to protect Joe Burrow AKA the franchise. "sacred territory"

That’s not what he meant though. He suggested they’re some kind of personal topic that easily “triggers” me in particular lol. I think everyone realizes/agrees they’re extremely important players. That’s not really up for debate.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 03:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s not what he meant though. He suggested they’re some kind of personal topic that easily “triggers” me in particular lol. I think everyone realizes/agrees they’re extremely important players. That’s not really up for debate.

Well with all do respect, you (and only you) did seem triggered by the obvious concern expressed of the reoccurring, pre existing injury that most people have noted isn't ideal and worth keeping an eye on.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 11:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: Well with all do respect, you (and only you) did seem triggered by the obvious concern expressed of the reoccurring, pre existing injury that most people have noted isn't ideal and worth keeping an eye on.

See that’s the thing, it’s a you problem if someone merely disagreeing with you, or challenging your perceived severity of a situation = “triggered” in your eyes.

Again, all I originally said was Collins was fine, and that he could play right now if he had to. That was literally it. Then you started in with the “obsession” stuff…

Reply/Quote
Don't take it personal. I only respond and go back and forth with you because I have nothing against you really. If I didn't think much of you as a poster, I wouldn't even take out the time to reply. You do dish it (to me anyway) so you got to take it (and you have for the most part without whining about any shots I may take).

Either way, there are members, those who read the board may think I don't respect from the shots taken and interactions, but the truth is it's the opposite.

Reply/Quote

(08-01-2022, 03:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is good news.  Getting the starting 5 working together couldn't have happened soon enough.

Truth this is really good news honestly. 

If these guys gain great chemistry before the season starts this Offense could break records with the talent at the skill positions.

(08-03-2022, 05:21 PM)phil413 Wrote: Hated the injury, but if he acquired phasing abilities its worth it.  

Hilarious Love it lol
Reply/Quote
and today Cappa was a full go for all of practice. Next up...Collins

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote