Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cardboard Boxes on the Fifty Yard Line
If was in Mike Brown’s position I would pay the stadium staff overtime to come to Paul Brown Stadium and clean out every coach’s office, put their personal effects into cardboard boxes, and pile the boxes on the fifty yard line. I would do it right now while the team is on their way home from losing to the Titans so the coaches can come to PBS, find their pink slips taped to the doors of their locked offices, go to the field, find their stuff, and get lost.

I have never seen such raw talent at all positions wasted like this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah...honestly no coaches are worth keeping.

The entire organization is dysfunctional.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If was in Mike Brown’s position I would pay the stadium staff overtime to come to Paul Brown Stadium and clean out every coach’s office, put their personal effects into cardboard boxes, and pile the boxes on the fifty yard line.  I would do it right now while the team is on their way home from losing to the Titans so the coaches can come to PBS, find their pink slips taped to the doors of their locked offices, go to the field, find their stuff, and get lost.

I mean I want many of the coaches gone ASAP, but this just seems shitty and unprofessional. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:46 PM)MrRager Wrote: I mean I want many of the coaches gone ASAP, but this just seems shitty and unprofessional. 

“Shitty and unprofessional” is how the team performs on the field. Paul Brown didn’t tolerate failure and neither should his son.
Reply/Quote
The players are a reflection of the coaching staff and the coaching staff is a reflection of the ownership.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:51 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: The players are a reflection of the coaching staff and the coaching staff is a reflection of the ownership.

^This!

Many times, I have stated that winning is an attitude that begins with the ownership, and resonates throughout the organization.

Dammit Mike!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You forgot the most important part: where after firing the coaches, Mike then goes and flings himself off the Brent Spence into the Ohio. Otherwise, it's just a temporary fix.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “Shitty and unprofessional” is how the team performs on the field.  Paul Brown didn’t tolerate failure and neither should his son.

I mean cool, don't tolerate it, but no reason to make some big display and look like a major asshole. It's not like Mike deserves any benefit of the doubt either. How many coaches have caused teams to be "shitty and unprofessional" under his watch? He is just as much to blame. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:03 PM)MrRager Wrote: I mean cool, don't tolerate it, but no reason to make some big display and look like a major asshole. It's not like Mike deserves any benefit of the doubt either. How many coaches have caused teams to be "shitty and unprofessional" under his watch? He is just as much to blame. 

The worst thing Mike has done recently is keeping Marvin employed. 
Reply/Quote
Agreed. Honestly, changing coaching staffs is needed...but the chances of the next coach coming here and succeeding with the handcuffs the Bengals organization place on him are very small.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:05 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The worst thing Mike has done recently is keeping Marvin employed. 

3-4 years too long. Now they'll bring in a new coach once the roster is in shambles.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 3-4 years too long. Now they'll bring in a new coach once the roster is in shambles.

And then ownership will handcuff the "new" coach by not giving him free reign to pick his staff nor run the team as he sees fit. It's laughable that some would think a Jon Gruden type would come here and be a puppet for this organization.
Reply/Quote
Coaches come and go. Players come and go. The constant for over 26 years of ineptitude by the Bengals organization has been Mike Brown.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Coaches come and go.  Players come and go.  The constant for over 26 years of ineptitude by the Bengals organization has been Mike Brown.

Yep, and all that I can say is....     Dammit Mike!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If was in Mike Brown’s position I would pay the stadium staff overtime to come to Paul Brown Stadium and clean out every coach’s office, put their personal effects into cardboard boxes, and pile the boxes on the fifty yard line.  I would do it right now while the team is on their way home from losing to the Titans so the coaches can come to PBS, find their pink slips taped to the doors of their locked offices, go to the field, find their stuff, and get lost.

As loyal as Brown pretended to be he'd hire the stadium staff to coach the team which in all honesty couldn't do a lot worse..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Our next head coach will be Paul Alexander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ^This!

Many times, I have stated that winning is an attitude that begins with the ownership, and resonates throughout the organization.

Dammit Mike!

Couldn't agree more Sunset !

What resonates through our organization is a complete lack of accountability, no discipline, and a complete lack of drive and determination which all comes down right from the top.

There's no way you can build a winning culture under these circumstances.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Couldn't agree more Sunset !

What resonates through our organization is a complete lack of accountability, no discipline, and a complete lack of drive and determination which all comes down right from the top.

There's no way you can build a winning culture under these circumstances.

And, the biggest problem is that Management thinks they're doing a great job, because the team is turning a profit.  Only one way to fix that..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, the biggest problem is that Management thinks they're doing a great job, because the team is turning a profit.  Only one way to fix that..

It won't matter, but I won't be back in 2018. This season ticket holder is not going to whine and cry daily. I will just quit buying tickets.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
What really needs to happen is Mike Brown publicly announcing that following the final game of this season, he is officially turning the team over to Katie; that it's hers to do with as she pleases. In conjunction with that, not a single coach will have their contract renewed.

Katie then immediately announces a search for the most qualified general manager.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote