Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cardinals request HC interview with Lou Anarumo
We all knew that teams would start coming for him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cardinals-request-to-interview-bengals-coordinators-lou-anarumo-brian-callahan-for-head-coaching-gig/ar-AA16UbNf?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6900c00c5e144a9f8253fdbcaae1902d
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We all knew that teams would start coming for him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cardinals-request-to-interview-bengals-coordinators-lou-anarumo-brian-callahan-for-head-coaching-gig/ar-AA16UbNf?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6900c00c5e144a9f8253fdbcaae1902d

Both Anarumo and Callahan. May well lose one of them. 

Losing Lou would be huge. 

We never know when the Bengals will get another run for the Super Bowl, as run into salary cap issues and loss of coordinators.
Reply/Quote
Flores and Payton are front runners.
Reply/Quote
Funny how the media drives these things. Took all week of showering praise on Aranumo for probably an owner telling his GM why aren’t we interviewing him? Just a probable scenario.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I hope Lou is flattered by the attention and tanks the interview on purpose. Tony Romo was pimpin’ Lou hard over the last two weeks.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: Both Anarumo and Callahan. May well lose one of them. 

Losing Lou would be huge. 

We never know when the Bengals will get another run for the Super Bowl, as run into salary cap issues and loss of coordinators.

Last season may have been our best opportunity. The stars were aligned(until Goodell's enforcers said, "not so fast.").  The Rams were not very good . The Bengals , even with a trash line, were better. Probably won't get a better opportunity than to make one play in the endzone for a world championship. Sad, but it is what it is.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I doubt he leaves. Every single team in the conference championships had quarterback guru for a HC coupled with a young quarterback. This is the blueprint right now and it's a copycat league. Defensive head coaches are an endangered species right now.

Every single thing we saw over the course of the playoffs tells us that even the best defensive coach is going to have problems when they run into a top 5 offense deep in the postseason.
Reply/Quote
I expected him to get looks after the Bengals were out of it. Things that come out of Cincy is tight lipped for the most part. I hope the FO offers him an extension.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Makes sense, good for him. Well deserved. I'm sure this was long in the making. It's become clear to me that the media just reports an incomplete list of who teams have talked to and requested. There's no way that Lou Anarumo is only getting a call today lol. Still expect him to sit down with the Broncos before it's all said and done.

Honestly, I don't think either one of those teams/franchises is a good fit for him. But I mean, beggars can't be choosers. Gotta take your opportunities when they come. I hope he gets his bag.
Reply/Quote
If we do lose Lou should we let ZT hire his first choice for DC or hope that his 8th pick is the right one again?  I still think if we lose Callahan we should at least float the idea of promoting Lou to HC and ZT to OC out there.
Reply/Quote
Winning last night would have probably hurt both Lou and Brian. Funny how that works out. Teams don’t like to wait.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:23 PM)samhain Wrote: I doubt he leaves.  Every single team in the conference championships had quarterback guru for a HC coupled with a young quarterback.  This is the blueprint right now and it's a copycat league.  Defensive head coaches are an endangered species right now.  

Every single thing we saw over the course of the playoffs tells us that even the best defensive coach is going to have problems when they run into a top 5 offense deep in the postseason.

Houston has Demarco Ryan coming back for a 2nd interview.  But yes, for the most part having offensive minded head coaches seems to be the En vogue trend in the league. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Houston has Demarco Ryan coming back for a 2nd interview.  But yes, for the most part having offensive minded head coaches seems to be the En vogue trend in the league. 

Ryan in Houston does surprise me. Teams that are going to take a rookie QB usually pair them up with an offensive head coach. Defensive Head coaches usually fit better where there is an established veteran QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Ryan in Houston does surprise me. Teams that are going to take a rookie QB usually pair them up with an offensive head coach. Defensive Head coaches usually fit better where there is an established veteran QB.

I'll be surprised if they draft a QB at 2 I think Carter is their guy.( I have DA Bears trading the pick).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he gets the Job dude deserves it!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
No matter who our DC is, we need an elite edge pass rusher to disrupt the game for the enemy.
I would love to see some pressure on the opposing QB like the pressure that Joe deals with on a regular basis.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hope Lou is flattered by the attention and tanks the interview on purpose.  Tony Romo was pimpin’ Lou hard over the last two weeks.

Sure was, I don't think Lou is going anywhere but is flattered by the request, he deserves it. Great Defensive Coordinator.

The NFL wants Offensive minded Head Coaches right now. Doesn't matter if you are the best Defensive mind IMO.
Reply/Quote
If he gets a HC job, I hope it isn't Arizona. That's a crappy, dysfunctional organization that chews up and spits out HCs like dogs with a chew toy.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:45 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: If he gets a HC job, I hope it isn't Arizona. That's a crappy, dysfunctional organization that chews up and spits out HCs like dogs with a chew toy.

True, just look at Kingsbury, good coach with a good team but it didn't even matter.

So happy with our FO right now which is crazy to say for a Bengals fan. Wink
Reply/Quote
Lou has earned a shot at HC
Reply/Quote