Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Dunlap on the Trade Market?
(03-27-2020, 03:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I had to google Honey Unihibited, had no idea Dunlap had his own restaurant. I have no desire to ever go to Miami, but if I do ever make it there I’ll have to try it.

I don't know how sustained the success will be in the long-term, given the virus, but he was very happy with how well the restaurant was doing.

My wife and I planned to go down to Florida next year; 2 days in the keys (going to go swordfishing with Nick Stancyzk) and then 4 days or so travelling and to Disneyland/world/whatever (for my wife, as she's never been). We were going to purposely stop at Honey to eat a breakfast/brunch, on our way to Orlando (I know, it's a bit out of the way).

That looks to be held off for another year, sadly, but we'll see how things go...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:58 PM)McC Wrote: I hope that is the case.  Carlos is one of my favorite Bengals. 

Aside from being a very good player, what he brings in energy is invaluable.  A young team needs guys like him.

I understand breaking the rooster down and removing dead weight but Carlos is not dead weight.

And definitely don't move him if you don't have anything close to his replacement.

The whole idea seems wacky, especially when you consider how low the return on trading players is if you aren't trading with the Texans.
honestly, id rather see them move Geno over Dunlap...GEno to me has been largely a one trick pony as of late  and I think we can find a good, younger and cheaper replacement
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hubbard could rotate at LT but he is not the every down LT.  That is Carlos.  Only way I would trade him is for a guy like Thuney and then they would absolutely have to target a guy like AJ Epenesa as his replacement but even that wouldn't make much sense as a rookie to be counted on to take over Dunlap's snaps.  

Even if they were working out a deal for Clowney, he may be a better athlete but he hasn't proven he can take those number of snaps.  Now, would I love to see Clowney AND Dunlap?  Hell, yes...I can dream, but Carlos has to be in the plans this year.  

And to your point about Hubbard, he is ascending perfectly in his role at RDE and hybrid inside rusher.  Why mess with his trajectory?  

If Epenesa was drafted this year in Rd 2 and showed he was a durable stud, maybe next year Carlos could move on and we go younger, but no way do you lose a guy that is so reliable and durable at such a key position.  I was thinking how much Carlos could benefit from Reader collapsing the pocket this year.  

You mean LE SHRacer? Of course you do. I agree we need a good rotation to keep all these guys fresh.

Clowney is a dream bud, we aren't going after him after this FA. I expect us to draft a 3-4 End to be opposite of Geno with 
Reader in the middle at NT if we are playing a true 3-4 at times. This would put Dunlap at 3-4 OLB along with Hubbard and 
Lawson rotating in.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 04:30 PM)kalibengal Wrote: honestly, id rather see them move Geno over Dunlap...GEno to me has been largely a one trick pony as of late  and I think we can find a good, younger and cheaper replacement

I think the addition of Reader and maybe an offense that can sustain drives may work wonders for Geno.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
better not, I love Dunlap
Reply/Quote
Yeah it doesn't make sense to trade him now. Next year sounds like better timing as far as the money goes. If they move anyone it's obviously Dalton and/or Dre. Dunlap can play as a 3-4 DE or OLB this year. He'll be productive.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He can play anywhere on the edge in any scheme (or as a 3-4 DE).

One of the 3 best players on the D, in a decade of a lot of FANTASTIC players.

I wouldn't move him 'til his body breaks, he retires or he shows he just doesn't have it anymore.

This would be stupid.

Right, he's on the same level as Clowney but making roughly 6-7 million less. No way in hell would I trade Dunlap. Name the player with just the stats given (Clowney is four year younger, but still):

Pressures: 185
Sacks: 21 
TFL: 64

Pressures: 170
Sacks: 26
TFL: 101
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 08:24 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Right, he's on the same level as Clowney but making roughly 6-7 million less. No way in hell would I trade Dunlap. Name the player with just the stats given (Clowney is four year younger, but still):

Clowney has microfracture surgery too.  He could be a lemon.

I got to go to the Jets game last season and Dunlap was MVP that game. They better not trade him
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 08:24 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Right, he's on the same level as Clowney but making roughly 6-7 million less. No way in hell would I trade Dunlap. Name the player with just the stats given (Clowney is four year younger, but still):

I would say the top is Dunlap, just guessing cause he seems to pressure a lot and be very disruptive but sometimes cannot
get the sacks. Always thought Dunlap was just as good if not better than Clowney.

(03-27-2020, 08:25 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Clowney has microfracture surgery too.  He could be a lemon.

I got to go to the Jets game last season and Dunlap was MVP that game.  They better not trade him

Probably be awhile before Clowney is even signed then without being able to work him out.

Injured players will have it tough this year. Doesn't matter who you are.
Reply/Quote

(03-27-2020, 08:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would say the top is Dunlap, just guessing cause he seems to pressure a lot and be very disruptive but sometimes cannot
get the sacks. Always thought Dunlap was just as good if not better than Clowney.

I would say neither, because Dunlap has 24.5 sacks over the past 3 years (I know his stats without even looking Wink), but if you're using PFF numbers, then Clowney is the top and Dunlap is the bottom.

Sorry for being a smart-ass :$
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 09:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I would say neither, because Dunlap has 24.5 sacks over the past 3 years (I know his stats without even looking Wink), but if you're using PFF numbers, then Clowney is the top and Dunlap is the bottom.

Don't be sorry, was seriously wanting to know as these two are about as close to each other size to athleticism as any Ends
in the league. If what you say is true, Big Los has cleaned up his problems with not finishing which always has been my only
criticism of the great. Always thought Los was more disruptive than Clowney and a better run stopper.

The Tackles for loss would be the clear number in Dunlap's favor the more I look at this...
Reply/Quote
I think it's just rumors to get the clicks.

But if we did move Los. It better be in a trade for Yannick. I do.not want Clowney. It wouldnt make sense to sign Clowney money wise for production, but Yannick would make perfect sense, younger and much more productive than them
Reply/Quote
That would be dumb to trade Dunlap. You're not going to get anywhere near the value you want for him anyways. Look at what the Jags got in return for Calais Campell. Not worth it all.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 09:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I would say neither, because Dunlap has 24.5 sacks over the past 3 years (I know his stats without even looking Wink), but if you're using PFF numbers, then Clowney is the top and Dunlap is the bottom.

Tongue Damn it, you're right about all of it. He does have 24.5 and yes, he's the bottom. Didn't take it as being a smart as at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 08:25 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Clowney has microfracture surgery too.  He could be a lemon.

I got to go to the Jets game last season and Dunlap was MVP that game.  They better not trade him

This is true. He also draws a lot more attention. Obviously Clowney is better, but Dunlap is Elite. I wish Dunlap was more consistent is my only beef with him.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 09:24 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Tongue Damn it, you're right about all of it. He does have 24.5 and yes, he's the bottom. Didn't take it as being a smart as at all.

No problem! I replied to my first non-Bengals tweet in literally something like 7 years, on Thursday (or Wednesday?), where the Bluejays asked, "which of our pitchers leads the team in CG and Shutouts?"

A guy, who seems very informed (but a bit of a, "sensitive type)," tweeted back, "I see Halladay trending, which means most people got this wrong (which isn't true; MLB.com or MLB the Show tweeted something and Halladay was getting all the mentions there, but I digress). It's #37 and only #37. Get it off Teoscar."

#37, was Dave Stieb, who was our best pitcher before Halladay came around 100%.

Someone else then responded, "Halladay never wore #37, he wore #34."

lol to which *I* responded, "ACTUALLY, Halladay wore #52 at first, then switched to #32; he never wore #34 or #37."

The guy I responded to deleted his tweet, then the first guy got all pissy and responded to me, that "Using ACTUALLY is being a jerk and a smartass and makes you look like a complete moron when you get things wrong," implying I was talking to him.

So yeah, I need to be clear that I don't come off as a smart-ass, because a shit-ton of people are- I hate the term, but it is apt here- snowflakey to death and get defensive at the drop of a hat, nowadays... (and I'm not saying you are, Hoofhearted :))
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You mean LE SHRacer? Of course you do. I agree we need a good rotation to keep all these guys fresh.

Clowney is a dream bud, we aren't going after him after this FA. I expect us to draft a 3-4 End to be opposite of Geno with 
Reader in the middle at NT if we are playing a true 3-4 at times. This would put Dunlap at 3-4 OLB along with Hubbard and 
Lawson rotating in.

Haha, yep... I really need to start wearing glasses when on here.  You would think a 27" monitor was big enough that I wouldn't need them.  

That guy from Iowa, AJ Epenesa, would sure fit that bill, as a 3-4 DT opposite Geno.  

I keep going back and forth, but I would love to slide in Rd 2 (because I don't see Queen or Murray being there), getting a guy like Epenesa in Rd 2 and then getting Claypool at the top of Rd 3.  I have a bet that Claypool won't be there at the top of Rd 3, so I win either way.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 09:24 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Tongue Damn it, you're right about all of it. He does have 24.5 and yes, he's the bottom. Didn't take it as being a smart as at all.

Was that over the past three years?  Did you have the snaps played to make those numbers more of a "production per snap" measure?  Not trying to be difficult, but Clowney has missed a lot of time....all the more reason to keep Dunlap.  Especially since you can't really do a physical right now anyways and Clowney's health has always seemingly been an issue.  He is a freak, no doubt, but not as dependable. 
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 11:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was that over the past three years?  Did you have the snaps played to make those numbers more of a "production per snap" measure?  Not trying to be difficult, but Clowney has missed a lot of time....all the more reason to keep Dunlap.  Especially since you can't really do a physical right now anyways and Clowney's health has always seemingly been an issue.  He is a freak, no doubt, but not as dependable. 

Looks like nobody wants Clowney or he's got a crazy asking price.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:13 AM)J24 Wrote: That would be dumb to trade Dunlap. You're not going to get anywhere near the value you want for him anyways. Look at what the Jags got in return for Calais Campell. Not worth it all.

This.
Reply/Quote