Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carlos back to whining
I wonder if part of the drop down the depth chart is because they are looking to trade him and want to keep him off the field to prevent injury or poor performance from screwing up a deal? I know it would be a weird way to go about it, but this franchise has done plenty of dumb shit before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is Carlos being selfish?

Yes.

But if I hated losing and I got benched by a dumbass coach then I would do the exact same thing. He wants out. He sees he is not going to win here. And he is getting benched for players that are not as good as him.

If the Bengals release Los he will immediately be signed by another team. If Zac and/or Lou get fired they won't get another job as anything other than position coaches if they are lucky.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, he's selfishly criticizing the organization. 

"Look at me, they're not starting me, I'm better than these other guys, I should be starting..." 

Unsure how many people on this board whine about how their employer mistreats them. 

Under normal circumstances, probably >99.9% of the time I'd agree with you.  I'd say that a professional keeps the politics within the building.  I'd advocate for players who keep their nose down and mind their business.  

What we have here is a situation where the players, fans, everyone with half a brain and a set of eyeballs knows that something isn't clicking with this set of executive decision makers.  It would appear that some of the players have decided to risk damaging their reputations in order to address it - they've gone nuclear.  For that I can honestly say: Thanks Carlos.  
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 06:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I wonder if part of the drop down the depth chart is because they are looking to trade him and want to keep him off the field to prevent injury or poor performance from screwing up a deal?  I know it would be a weird way to go about it, but this franchise has done plenty of dumb shit before.

That's exactly what they are doing. I want to punch Zac right in his lying mouth. He's a loser at every level, except for being a BS artist.
Reply/Quote
Something that will tell me a lot is how do they react to this. A real organization atleast doesn't dress him this week and fines him a game check. If they leat it go others will start the same crap and what little is left just went down the drain. Nip it in the bud now.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 07:11 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Something that will tell me a lot is how do they react to this. A real organization atleast doesn't dress him this week and fines him a game check. If they leat it go others will start the same crap and what little is left just went down the drain. Nip it in the bud now.

Hmm.  We're constantly told that the Steelers are a real organization.  AB posted video from the locker room and wasn't benched the following week.  I can't imagine that is the correct punishment for posting the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
This team is a complete disaster.  ZT is trying to convince the fans that in one year's time, 2 of the greatest Bengals of all time are now not good players.  Just old has-beens, pretty much?  Those 2 players have proven themselves time and time again in this league where ZT has done nothing to show he actually belongs.  

By the time he is done, we won't have much left besides a skittish Burrow and far more holes than we've started with.  This is pretty much what the Browns have been doing for the past 20 years.  Constant personnel changes with both players and coaches.  Only now after all this time are they kind of on the right track.  

The way I see it, we've got a huge mess on our hands and if MB continues to let this go on for the rest of the season without stepping in, 2021 will be even worse.  Even through the darkest years of the 90's, I never remember it being quite like this.   MB has made a huge mistake and he better get it fixed quick.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 07:34 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: This team is a complete disaster.  ZT is trying to convince the fans that in one year's time, 2 of the greatest Bengals of all time are now not good players.  Just old has-beens, pretty much?  Those 2 players have proven themselves time and time again in this league where ZT has done nothing to show he actually belongs.  

By the time he is done, we won't have much left besides a skittish Burrow and far more holes than we've started with.  This is pretty much what the Browns have been doing for the past 20 years.  Constant personnel changes with both players and coaches.  Only now after all this time are they kind of on the right track.  

The way I see it, we've got a huge mess on our hands and if MB continues to let this go on for the rest of the season without stepping in, 2021 will be even worse.  Even through the darkest years of the 90's, I never remember it being quite like this.   MB has made a huge mistake and he better get it fixed quick.

The 90's started off with a laughable season and Sam basically telling the fans to go F themselves. Then Paul passed away and we got Mikey Boy. On top of that the Shula /Akili / Klingler. As bad as the last couple years have been, it's nowhere near what that time period was...at not yet. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Some Stats.

Crazy Amani Bledsoe is the second best edge rusher on the team right now...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 07:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The 90's started off with a laughable season and Sam basically telling the fans to go F themselves. Then Paul passed away and we got Mikey Boy. On top of that the Shula /Akili / Klingler. As bad as the last couple years have been, it's nowhere near what that time period was...at not yet. Mellow

During those years, we only had 1 or 2 good players at a time (Dillon, Pickens, Spikes, etc.).  They grumbled and complained some.  We were just historically bad.  Free agents didn't even consider Cincinnati vack then.  The 2020 Bengals do have talent.  I think that's undeniable.  But I think there's a real good chance we're way worse at the end of the year than when we started the season.  

I think we've got our version of the Browns Hue Jackson.  I don't think it did the Browns a damn bit of good to let Hue stay and just keep piling up the losses.  We have plenty to work with to get some wins.  These coaches just plain suck, which is why they're here instead of working up the ranks for some other teams.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 08:22 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: During those years, we only had 1 or 2 good players at a time (Dillon, Pickens, Spikes, etc.).  They grumbled and complained some.  We were just historically bad.  Free agents didn't even consider Cincinnati vack then.  The 2020 Bengals do have talent.  I think that's undeniable.  But I think there's a real good chance we're way worse at the end of the year than when we started the season.  

I think we've got our version of the Browns Hue Jackson.  I don't think it did the Browns a damn bit of good to let Hue stay and just keep piling up the losses.  We have plenty to work with to get some wins.  These coaches just plain suck, which is why they're here instead of working up the ranks for some other teams.

What has Carlos done this season, other than being a vet and getting paid a lot of money, to guarantee his starting role? Outside of one game, he's been invisible. Just because he doesn't like being demoted and is complaining publicly doesn't make him right. 

When you look at the 3 players who have been 'frustrated' - AJ, Geno and Carlos - there's a common theme going on. AJ has been MIA for almost 2 years, until this past week. Geno has had very little impact at all in the last 11 games he's played in, and I already talked about Carlos. 

Where are the player speaking out / being frustrated who are actually producing right now? 

On a side note, I will say that if the reports are true about Geno being unhappy with his reduced role, he's certainly handling it the right way, behind the scenes, which I would expect of him. Out of the 3, Geno is probably the only one who has a real chance of returning next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 11:30 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: But an unsigned Margus Hunt who never played well at DE and is probably cramming to learn the system as we speak is better than LOS?

I know he’s been bad. But That bad?

Well that confirms we won't win another game this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 08:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What has Carlos done this season, other than being a vet and getting paid a lot of money, to guarantee his starting role? Outside of one game, he's been invisible. Just because he doesn't like being demoted and is complaining publicly doesn't make him right. 

When you look at the 3 players who have been 'frustrated' - AJ, Geno and Carlos - there's a common theme going on. AJ has been MIA for almost 2 years, until this past week. Geno has had very little impact at all in the last 11 games he's played in, and I already talked about Carlos. 

Where are the player speaking out / being frustrated who are actually producing right now? 

On a side note, I will say that if the reports are true about Geno being unhappy with his reduced role, he's certainly handling it the right way, behind the scenes, which I would expect of him. Out of the 3, Geno is probably the only one who has a real chance of returning next year.

Right, to me that’s the thing. If Carlos was even kinda sorta good he may have a beef. Still wouldn’t like him airing it publicly. But the way he’s handling his demotion now is just bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 08:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What has Carlos done this season, other than being a vet and getting paid a lot of money, to guarantee his starting role? Outside of one game, he's been invisible. Just because he doesn't like being demoted and is complaining publicly doesn't make him right. 

Outside of Jesse Bates, some flashes from Logan Wilson, and I guess Jackson, who doesn't look all but invisible on defense? Nobody is jumping off the screen. It's like Fred said... If it were just one guy, I'd be singing a different tune. But in fairness, I was done with Zac and the boys this time last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I just read an article on Sports Illustrated where an NFL executive was quoted as saying the Bengals asking prices for their vet players is jus to high.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 09:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right, to me that’s the thing. If Carlos was even kinda sorta good he may have a beef. Still wouldn’t like him airing it publicly. But the way he’s handling his demotion now is just bad.

I'd say it'd be different if we were at least a middle of the road defensive unit too. Dunlap goes from the best player on that side of the ball the second half of last year, to a guy who can't perform anymore? He goes from a guy who has caused zero problems here (even when losing snaps to guys like Geathers early on) to this? It's not adding up for me. Father Time may be undefeated, but it's weird that Father Time has come a callin' at the exact same time they've tried to switch up the scheme.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 10:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I just read an article on Sports Illustrated where an NFL executive was quoted as saying the Bengals asking prices for their vet players is jus to high.

I've heard similar things. Ironically, we hold value so high and then the player leaves us, giving us no value at all. Dunlap is going to barely play for us, so inefficiently earning his cap space. At that point, you sell off for what you can get. The benefit is having a potential young player who wants to play and the reduction in cap. Let's face it, Dunlap isn't doing much but be a significant deficit to cap. 

I've seen Dunlap's situation before. I've been on both ends (not on a pro level, obviously). I'm personally not a fan of how he's handled it, but we do not know all the details. Speaking as we do, removes a perspective and isn't entirely fair. What we do know is he is unhappy and he ranks as another veteran to be in such position.

Something is going on and I don't feel Dunlap represents the problem, but merely a part. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 10:05 PM)jason Wrote: Outside of Jesse Bates, some flashes from Logan Wilson, and I guess Jackson, who doesn't look all but invisible on defense? Nobody is jumping off the screen. It's like Fred said... If it were just one guy, I'd be singing a different tune. But in fairness, I was done with Zac and the boys this time last year.

That's the thing though brother. The fact that Carlos has been almost invisible, as part of a unit that has overall sucked, as part of a defense that isn't all that good...doesn't add up to 'I should be guaranteed a starting job'...at least, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 07:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Hmm.  We're constantly told that the Steelers are a real organization.  AB posted video from the locker room and wasn't benched the following week.  I can't imagine that is the correct punishment for posting the depth chart.

It is not just the depth chart posting. It is the entire body of crap he has been doing the last few weeks. And the steelers as much as I hate them showed AB the door. So what do they do? Nothing? Let it go on? Show the rest of the team there are no consequences to doing these things? That sounds like a great plan.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 10:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That's the thing though brother. The fact that Carlos has been almost invisible, as part of a unit that has overall sucked, as part of a defense that isn't all that good...doesn't add up to 'I should be guaranteed a starting job'...at least, IMO.

I get that aspect... But behind Margus Hunt? I think I saw him watching the game at a bar last week. Fresh off the street? This is smelling like a ***** fight at this point... And I've said it over and over. Carlos forgot how to play between December and now? What's happened to Vonn Bell upon arrival?

Joe Mixon chiming in on the latest post says a lot to me too. I think Carlos is closer to the end of his career, and has less to lose by voicing his frustration than some of the other guys, and they're even chirping too. When guys are acting outta character, something is wrong.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote