Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos wants to be in Ring of Honor if we get one....
Sorry dude, I think you burned that bridge .....

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/carlos-dunlap-reflects-on-break-up-with-bengals

Quote:"Obviously it's not the way I would have liked to go about things, but there's a lot of love and respect still for Cincinnati. And the front office team, they still communicate and reach out from time to time," Dunlap said. "I always think I'll be welcome back one day in like the ring of honor or whatever it is that they might invite me for, possibly for holding the records. Obviously, I'm still a Bengals fan until I play them and I support my guys on the team."
Reply/Quote
If they ever create one he deserves to be in it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 07:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If they ever create one he deserves to be in it.

Maybe, I just think guys that left on bad terms and tried to embarrass the organization will never be on it. There are a couple of them that come to mind.
Reply/Quote
If one ever comes, I would be glad to have him. I would really love to have a ring of honor, really wish it was a thing.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 07:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If they ever create one he deserves to be in it.

Absolutely. Modern era sacks record holder, and what, two shy of the franchise record?

If we exclude all the players that had bad breakups with the team we’ll have no one to put in. Are we going to keep Dillon and Chad out, too?

Reply/Quote
Unpopular opinion: he and Carson both deserve to be in
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 07:27 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Unpopular opinion: he and Carson both deserve to be in

Absolutely...
Reply/Quote
Just because Los wanted to be petty, doesn't mean the franchise should be, He's arguably the best DE to ever play for this team.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 07:27 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Unpopular opinion: he and Carson both deserve to be in

Agreed. Along with Marvin, Carson and Chad did a lot to make this team relevant again for the first time since the 80’s.

Reply/Quote

I agree. A lot of people hate Carson, but in my opinion he was fighting for his teammates and the fans. He believed the front office wasn't aggressive enough in trying to win, so he threatened to leave if they didn't change. They didn't change, so he stuck to his guns. I admire that. We all shit on the front office for their ineptitude and then hate someone who tried to do something about it and said "**** you then" when they wouldn't change. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 07:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  Are we going to keep Dillon and Chad out, too?

I was thinking Dillon and Palmer. And for the record, I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying I think they burned their bridges with the family and it will cost them their spots. Chad, on the other hand, seems to still be in good graces.
Reply/Quote
If they had a ROH and kept out all of the disgruntled stars, you'd end up with Munoz and like 3 other guys. Getting disgruntled is a natural part of the Bengal star's life cycle. It's the final stage. Even all around great guys like Andy, Whit and AJ get a little pissy toward the end, and it's generally for a good reason.

Maybe this is why we have no ROH in Cincinnati to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 08:09 PM)samhain Wrote: If they had a ROH and kept out all of the disgruntled stars, you'd end up with Munoz and like 3 other guys.  Getting disgruntled is a natural part of the Bengal star's life cycle.  It's the final stage.  Even all around great guys like Andy, Whit and AJ get a little pissy toward the end, and it's generally for a good reason.

Maybe this is why we have no ROH in Cincinnati to begin with.

None of them stooped to doing things like posting depth charts on social media though....
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 08:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: None of them stooped to doing things like posting depth charts on social media though....

Yeah, they just held out and said they'd rather flip burgers than play for this team.  They also tended to crap all over the family once they left, almost to a man.  Carlos crapped on the coaching staff, not the family.  There's a difference.  I'd wager the the family wasn't overly excited about their highly paid pas-rusher being forced out, either, which is precisely what Anarumo was doing..  If they were, they would have cut him along with the rest of the dead weight in the offseason.  
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just because Los wanted to be petty, doesn't mean the franchise should be, He's arguably the best DE to ever play for this team.

Coy Bacon was better than Carlos. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 11:21 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Coy Bacon was better than Carlos. 

A guy that played two seasons as a Bengal? That’s like saying TO is the best WR we ever had.

Reply/Quote
I’m sure the bengals will do that for him, but personally he can go fly a kite during a thunderstorm.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 07:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe, I just think guys that left on bad terms and tried to embarrass the organization will never be on it. There are a couple of them that come to mind.

If we kept out every great player who trashed this org in some way after they left, we wouldn't have enough players to field a RoH.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 07:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe, I just think guys that left on bad terms and tried to embarrass the organization will never be on it. There are a couple of them that come to mind.

Those few that come to mind put in the effort, and tried to succeed here. They got frustrated when ownership/ the front office did not share that same level of effort. I’d argue that the last people to deserve inclusion in a theoretical ring of honor are Mike, his kids, and his son-in-law. They’ve underachieved for 30 years. They’ve also underachieved on creating an actual, real ring of honor, so this is all academic.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Can you burn a bridge to something that doesn't exist?
Reply/Quote