Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carly Fiorina Complains Politics is a "Fact-Free Zone"; Fails to Note Irony
At her a town hall meeting Tuesday, Carly Fiorina, failed Congressional candidate and bad businesswoman who somehow fancies herself Presidential material, recounted the following story (starts at about 29:30 mark):

Quote:"Somebody once asked me, 'What's the difference between business and politics?' And here's the difference: Politics is a fact-free zone. People just say things. People just say things. The thing is, business is not a fact-free zone. In fact, business is a fact-filled zone"

Apparently lost on Fiorina is that one of the most egregiously false claims made thus far in the GOP clown car race was made by her in a CNN debate:

"Carly Fiorina said that the Planned Parenthood videos released by an anti-abortion group showed 'a fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking while someone says we have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.' But that scene isn’t in any of the videos."

"Fiorina might have trouble finding this video to show to Clinton. No video has surfaced showing the scene Fiorina describes taking place inside a Planned Parenthood facility."

"The video’s creators added footage of an aborted fetus on what appears to be an examination table, and its legs are moving. But Fiorina makes it sound as if the footage shows what Planned Parenthood is alleged to have done. In fact, the stock footage was added to the video to dramatize its content. We rate her statement Mostly False."

Much of the rest of the video is Fiorina bragging about her record at Hewlett-Packard, the company she destroyed but still managed to make a bunch of money from for herself.

Will anybody in the conservative movement have the balls to point out that Fiorina is as "fact-free" as her running mates? Or will they continue to suck up to her because they think all they need is a female face on their same policies to fool women into thinking the GOP gives a damn about them?

Only time will tell!
Your a hot take machine today.

Good use of colored fonts.
Since Fiorina admitted that facts don't matter much in politics I don't see it as hypocritical that she follows the same rules as everyone else.

Of course she might disagree with me on that.
(09-29-2015, 09:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since Fiorina admitted that facts don't matter much in politics I don't see it as hypocritical that she follows the same rules as everyone else.

Of course she might disagree with me on that.

Ha!  I thought that...finally an honest  politician who admits she's a liar.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
This shouldn't be too surprising by her track record.

Golden opportunity, then does everything completely wrong.

Fiorina is one of the few candidates that can amazingly make things even worse than they currently are.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]