Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carman at LT
(01-16-2023, 03:55 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-training-camp-roster-faqs-defining-injured-reserve-pup-list-nfi-and-more

I get that but I don't think they are considered on another team's roster. I don't believe they sign a contract,  their season is over
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get that but I don't think they are considered on another team's roster. I don't believe they sign a contract,  their season is over

All PS guys that are to be retained, get signed to Futures Contracts.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get that but I don't think they are considered on another team's roster. I don't believe they sign a contract,  their season is over

(01-16-2023, 04:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: All PS guys that are to be retained, get signed to Futures Contracts.

This, and if I recall correctly, those contracts can be signed now by players but they don't have to be signed until the end of the league year.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Only guy out there with his shirt constantly untucked and it drives me bananas.

ALWAYS untucked, LoL.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It feels like we hardly had the ball on offense in the 2nd half.

3 drives in the 1st half and 4 in the 2nd 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: What were Carman's grades relative to Jonah's? 

How did Volson, Karras, Adeniji, & Scharping grade out? 

Jonah was 58.2 overall, 73 run block, 41.3 pass block. 

Volson, Adeniji and Scharping were in the bottom 4, with Carman and Karras was 69.3 overall, 62.5 run block and 84.5 pass block. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: All PS guys that are to be retained, get signed to Futures Contracts.

Didn't we sign a DT in the playoffs last year when Larry O got hurt? Was it Ringo?
Reply/Quote
Shaq Lawson is a good matchup for Charmin next week. Lawson is a longer power player more than speed.

Its Max Sharping vs Ed Oliver I'm worried about lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Didn't we sign a DT in the playoffs last year when Larry O got hurt? Was it Ringo?

DT's and DE's dont have to know the offensive playbook, they simply have to know how to rush and contain.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Jonah was 58.2 overall, 73 run block, 41.3 pass block. 

Volson, Adeniji and Scharping were in the bottom 4, with Carman and Karras was 69.3 overall, 62.5 run block and 84.5 pass block. 

Surprising to my eye on the run block grade for Jonah being so high. He and Carman roughly even on pass block. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Didn't we sign a DT in the playoffs last year when Larry O got hurt? Was it Ringo?

2 guys: first was... his name surfaced recently, but can't remember now...

EDIT** Doug Costin! That was the guy. We also signed Zach Kerr to the active roster.

The other guy was Damion Squire

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/cin/season/2022

So make it 3 LOL I remember Costin was for Larry though.
Reply/Quote
I thought he was ok as well. Tough gig to come off the bench like that and look after the franchises blind side.
Reply/Quote
Carman did okay. The sack was clearly (and IIRC Zac confirmed it) a miscommunication - Perine was supposed to chip not go right out to receive - and the hold was a bad ref call as the replay showed. Gotta stop trusting PFF "grades" and such. They're okay for compiling stats but not much else.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 2 guys: first was... his name surfaced recently, but can't remember now...

EDIT** Doug Costin! That was the guy. We also signed Zach Kerr to the active roster.

The other guy was Damion Squire

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/cin/season/2022

So make it 3 LOL I remember Costin was for Larry though.

Good job.

Didn’t Costin make a big stop in one of those games?
Reply/Quote
I kind of think he looked better than Jonah against the Ravens. He definitely didnt look worse. His jersey not being tucked in was a really dumb look but oh well. He didnt do nearly as bad as he did when he tried to play G. I am over drafting OLmen with the plan to change positions. I hope the Bengals never ever do that again because it backfires on us almost every time.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:07 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I kind of think he looked better than Jonah against the Ravens. He definitely didnt look worse. His jersey not being tucked in was a really dumb look but oh well. He didnt do nearly as bad as he did when he tried to play G. I am over drafting OLmen with the plan to change positions. I hope the Bengals never ever do that again because it backfires on us almost every time.

you notice how with Jonah in, Burrow actually dropped back and would let routes develop? Because you can do that with Jonah, even though he'll get beat badly a couple times a game

Once Jonah left, Bengals didnt even want to let Burrow drop back and not get rid of the ball under 2 seconds

why is that? Because they know Carman is terrible

Im honestly just at the point where I read stuff like "Carman is as good as Jonah at LT"  and I just laugh. Im not even gonna get mad anymore. I will let you live in your dream world. Im done being grouchy
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you notice how with Jonah in, Burrow actually dropped back and would let routes develop? Because you can do that with Jonah, even though he'll get beat badly a couple times a game

Once Jonah left, Bengals didnt even want to let Burrow drop back and not get rid of the ball under 2 seconds

why is that? Because they know Carman is terrible

Im honestly just at the point where I read stuff like "Carman is as good as Jonah at LT"  and I just laugh. Im not even gonna get mad anymore. I will let you live in your dream world. Im done being grouchy

Zac says differently, I'll take his word over yours 100 times out of 100 times..
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:24 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Zac says differently, I'll take his word over yours 100 times out of 100 times..

of course Zac said differently lmfao what else would he say!??

why would burrow or zac criticize Carman. Just...why? no coach is ever gonna call one of their players terrible lmao

you're a funny dude
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:35 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Good job.

Didn’t Costin make a big stop in one of those games?

Didn't take a snap for us, IIRC.

But Kerr had a big tackle!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: of course Zac said differently lmfao what else would he say!??

why would burrow or zac criticize Carman. Just...why? no coach is ever gonna call one of their players terrible lmao

you're a funny dude

Well isle B?
Reply/Quote