Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carman at LT
all in all I think it could have been way worse when Carman was put in. I think he feels alot more comfy at T and it showed last night under extreme pressure. Not perfect by any stretch but not bad either.
My hope is he has a full week at practice at LT and plays very well next weekend. My bigger concern now is our Depth.
Also any updates on Cappa or is out for rest of yr?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:41 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Just to reiterate the obvious, isn't he under Ram's team control even if he comes out of retirement?

He is and I'm not sure what it would take. But when they were asking Whitworth on the last Thursday night game he mentioned that and said they would have some things they need to figure out. Again not sure what that would take but certainly didn't make it seem impossible. But it's probably too late now should've done it when it was 1st brought up.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:46 PM)M.W. Wrote: The Ravens defense is super tough and Carmen (as well as Adeniji) played pretty well.  Carmen especially given the circumstances.  He may be a diamond in the rough.

Look, folks, it is not that hard. 

Two everyday words. Just put them together. 

Car. 

Man. 

Car-man. 

Not Carmen. He is not plural. Just the one OT. 

Nor is he an opera. 

He has been here two years and started for most of one. 
Reply/Quote
Such an embarrassing fanbase. What kind of clueless fan can not get the name of one of its players right?

It's not that hard people: Carman Jackson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:46 PM)M.W. Wrote: The Ravens defense is super tough and Carmen (as well as Adeniji) played pretty well.  Carmen especially given the circumstances.  He may be a diamond in the rough.

If by "diamond in the rough", you mean like a 1mm chip buried deep within a 2m asteroid, then sure..  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:30 AM)Synric Wrote: He got beat once other than that he played a clean game and looked good run blocking.

Yep. So he'll probably get graded in the 20s. lulz

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: There’s no proof of that other than Collinsworth seeing what he wanted to

How would Collinsworth know the play call? I hate people making excuses for Carman.

There’s proof in the way Carman played it. The same way he played it every time he knew he had help coming. The way they had been chipping with RB to help him out before that play. Either Carman thought he had help and was wrong, or he was supposed to have help and it didn’t show. Why have Perine back there in position to help out your backup OT coming in off the bench and not have him chip? Yes it’s a guess, but it’s the smart one. I hate people bashing players without actually looking at what happened.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:29 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Other than SF in a potential Super Bowl matchup, Baltimore’s front 7 was the toughest test the Bengals had in the Playoffs.  Buffalo without Miller and KC are not scary.  The line looks suspect right now, but it definitely was last year.

Buffalo is bad right now in the trenches, which is where Baltimore made it tough for the Bengals.  The Bills don't have much of a run game.  Defensively, they got zero sacks vs Thompson yesterday.  

The Bengals line is losing by attrition right ow, whereas Buffalo's is just playing poorly.  

I think this matchup is a good one for the Bengals.  They just have to limit big plays and wait for Allen to make a mistake.

They've been winning with opportunistic defense lately, and that's just what the doctor ordered vs this Bills team.
Reply/Quote
He wasn’t Anthony Munoz, but he got the job done.

Certainly wasn’t a weak spot. Played well enough. Hope he can continue to do so.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:28 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He wasn’t Anthony Munoz, but he got the job done.

Certainly wasn’t a weak spot. Played well enough. Hope he can continue to do so.

That was the right side. Hakeem Adeniji and Max Sharping wow what a nightmare.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Jackson Carman played well as an individual last night but his chemistry with left guard Cordell Volson isn’t there yet — and how could it be? How many snaps do they have together? The strength of the Cincinnati offensive line last night was Volson and Ted Karras. Why? They’ve played together all season.

If I’ve learned anything about offensive line play it’s this: One can have an all pro lineman at each of the five positions but if they can’t play together as a unit the line will suck harder than an EF-5 tornado.

Frank Pollack has his hands full this week. He has basically five days to (1) either assemble a healthy offensive line from among the backups and get them to work as a unit in their gap blocking scheme, (2) switch back to zone blocking or (3) Zac Taylor has to limit the playbook. Right now swing passes, sweeps, and long passes are off the table.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:31 PM)Synric Wrote: That was the right side. Hakeem Adeniji and Max Sharping wow what a nightmare.

Yeah and they kept shifting Campbell around to exploit that side
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: There’s proof in the way Carman played it. The same way he played it every time he knew he had help coming. The way they had been chipping with RB to help him out before that play. Either Carman thought he had help and was wrong, or he was supposed to have help and it didn’t show. Why have Perine back there in position to help out your backup OT coming in off the bench and not have him chip? Yes it’s a guess, but it’s the smart one. I hate people bashing players without actually looking at what happened.

Because the Tackle on the other end of the line needed as much, if not more help handling the pass rush.  I think they went max protection and had both RB and TE giving blocks, and still struggled to mitigate the pass rush.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Only guy out there with his shirt constantly untucked and it drives me bananas.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: There’s proof in the way Carman played it. The same way he played it every time he knew he had help coming. The way they had been chipping with RB to help him out before that play. Either Carman thought he had help and was wrong, or he was supposed to have help and it didn’t show. Why have Perine back there in position to help out your backup OT coming in off the bench and not have him chip? Yes it’s a guess, but it’s the smart one. I hate people bashing players without actually looking at what happened.

Not sure if he thought he had help or not. But watching it again the defender does have a slight fake inside that appears to make Carman stop his feet.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because the Tackle on the other end of the line needed as much, if not more help handling the pass rush.  I think they went max protection and had both RB and TE giving blocks, and still struggled to mitigate the pass rush.  

Nonsense. Perine went out for a pass to the left, not the right. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:53 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  

Ouch I dont know which one was worse Charmin dropping his feet and Bowswer just swiping his hands and blowing right him or Max Sharping getting stood up by 1 arm and just drove out of the way by Campbell.

Edit: That's Oweh not Campbell.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Only guy out there with his shirt constantly untucked and it drives me bananas.

Me too, but I waa trying not to mention it. I thought the nfl had a rule they had o be tucked in?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Me too, but I waa trying not to mention it. I thought the nfl had a rule they had o be tucked in?

Apparently not.

It seems pretty to even mention but it's a direct reflection on how he carries himself. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:02 PM)kalibengal Wrote: all in all I think it could have been way worse when Carman was put in. I think he feels alot more comfy at T and it showed last night under extreme pressure. Not perfect by any stretch but not bad either.
My hope is he has a full week at practice at LT and plays very well next weekend. My bigger concern now is our Depth.
Also any updates on Cappa or is out for rest of yr?

It feels like we hardly had the ball on offense in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote