Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carman at LT
(01-16-2023, 12:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: CARMAN. 

CAR-MAN. 

Carman. 

I was kind of hoping he'd land the staring role in the opera Carmen..  He might fit the role. ya think? maybe not..

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Last week everyone said we were dead because of . Adeniji. He played decent last night. 
Not so much

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-wild-card-game-recap-cincinnati-bengals-24-baltimore-ravens-17

Quote:Right tackle Hakeem Adeniji had a rough night, with three pressures allowed and eight pass-blocking losses in total.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Carman did at least as good as Nonah. better run blocker. the holding call was a phantom hold/bullshit. the sack he allowed looked like discordance between play call and protection call. the line looked like it was setting for a 7 yd drop, but JB took a 10 yd drop. Carman positioned himself to prevent a inward push at 7 yds but the DE just kept going straight. So I'm not so sure that one is on Carman.
He definitely has a far better anchor than Jonah.
Reply/Quote
Other than SF in a potential Super Bowl matchup, Baltimore’s front 7 was the toughest test the Bengals had in the Playoffs. Buffalo without Miller and KC are not scary. The line looks suspect right now, but it definitely was last year.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:30 AM)Synric Wrote: He got beat once other than that he played a clean game and looked good run blocking.

Didn't he have a penalty too?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Didn't he have a penalty too?

Was a BS penalty though: I don't know HOW that was a hold.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:08 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'll be curious to see the breakdowns on Carman. I'm sure there will be some in the next couple of days. I thought he played okay from what I could tell I just hope we aren't changing our offense too much for fear the line will struggle.
I also don't think Whitworth is as crazy as people think. Maybe he couldn't play against Buffalo but getting him in the building would right a mistake and give him a chance to retire a Bengal at the very least.

Just to reiterate the obvious, isn't he under Ram's team control even if he comes out of retirement?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:27 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I want the guy to succeed obviously, but man our path forward is really hard to envision.  Outside of an upgrade at Center (Karras), it feels like we are right back to where we were last season with this offensive line.  

Just gotta hope that this week's practice reps with 1st team are enough to make him serviceable for a full 60-minute game.  Not much else to do.

100% It sucks because the timing couldn't be worse. I can't see the offense playing explosive again with this current OL.  The run game was the worst I've ever seen it last night. Can our defense continue to step up with the offense dealing with OL protection issues?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Didn't he have a penalty too?

The guy flopped and put on a show. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: 100% It sucks because the timing couldn't be worse. I can't see the offense playing explosive again with this current OL.  The run game was the worst I've ever seen it last night. Can our defense continue to step up with the offense dealing with OL protection issues?

Hard to run on Bmore; I think we'll see our offense come back to life next week. How much though, remains to be seen.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens defense is super tough and Carmen (as well as Adeniji) played pretty well. Carmen especially given the circumstances. He may be a diamond in the rough.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:44 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I think Carmen looked more natural at LT. He did get beat once or twice but Jonah has been the same if not worse all year. I think his run blocking is better than Jonah though. I am not that worried about the tackles because Adenji seems better in pass block than Collins just not run blocking and Carmen and Jonah seem about the same pass blocking and Carmen better run blocking.
Let the angry mob begin with what I see with them.

One of the times he got “beat” sure looked like Perine was supposed to chip and help out. Looked like Carman played it expecting help and Perine just ran right past the guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:41 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Just to reiterate the obvious, isn't he under Ram's team control even if he comes out of retirement?

Yeah we have been over this a few weeks ago when Colins was hurt.  There are several barriers to Whit riding in on a tiger striped dragon while heavy metal music plays in the background and saving the Bengals season.

1.  He has to unretire.
  2.  The Rams still have his rights so they have to release him.
  3.  All other teams ahead of the Bengals in the waiver order have to agree not to claim him.
  4.  He has to be in good enough shape to play after traveling with Thursday night football all season.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: I was kind of hoping he'd land the staring role in the opera Carmen..  He might fit the role. ya think? maybe not..

Um, yeah that was like  an eclipseI was staring at the ...  anyhow.

We are where we are, no one is coming to save this line.  Hopefully, it will come together next week and the throws are quick.  This offense showed it could hang with BUF in the partial game, so more of that and it'll be a fun game to watch.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
You really have to wonder what people’s thought process is like when they say stuff like Carman played ok

“But Jonah was bad”

Jonah is an average LT. Which means he flashes and shits his pants.

I think they put Prince at LT.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:49 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: One of the times he got “beat” sure looked like Perine was supposed to chip and help out. Looked like Carman played it expecting help and Perine just ran right past the guy.

There’s no proof of that other than Collinsworth seeing what he wanted to

How would Collinsworth know the play call? I hate people making excuses for Carman.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:52 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah we have been over this a few weeks ago when Colins was hurt.  There are several barriers to Whit riding in on a tiger striped dragon while heavy metal music plays in the background and saving the Bengals season.

1.  He has to unretire.
  2.  The Rams still have his rights so they have to release him.
  3.  All other teams ahead of the Bengals in the waiver order have to agree not to claim him.
  4.  He has to be in good enough shape to play after traveling with Thursday night football all season.

I believe he is a vested vet so he is not subject to waivers.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I believe he is a vested vet so he is not subject to waivers.

That only applies before the trade deadline which has come and gone.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-players/nfl-waiver-system-overview/

Quote:From the trading deadline through the end of the regular season, vested veterans are subject to the waiver process.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:57 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That only applies before the trade deadline which has come and gone.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-players/nfl-waiver-system-overview/

Agreed we can stop talking about this. Not going to happen.  

The Bengals will sign him though- so he can retire a Bengal.  After the season.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: I was kind of hoping he'd land the staring role in the opera Carmen..  He might fit the role. ya think? maybe not..

This is why it bugs me so much. Carmen is an actually thing. Kind of like BANGLES/BENGALS. The Bangles are an actual thing, too. And most certainly not a football team in Cincy. Ditto Jackson. 
Reply/Quote