• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carman at LT
Carman's grades:

Overall: 49.6
Run: 46.00
Pass: 49.3

1 Pressure (sack) 28 snaps.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Me too, but I waa trying not to mention it. I thought the nfl had a rule they had o be tucked in?

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/pre-game/uniform-inspections/

Quote:“A player’s appearance on the field conveys a message regarding the image of the league and directly affects the league’s reputation and success,” the NFL’s Game Operations Manual states. All players must tuck in their jerseys. They cannot wear bandannas. Stockings must be white from the top of the shoe to midcalf and an approved team color from midcalf to the bottom of the pant leg, which must be pulled down below the knee.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Carman's grades:

Overall: 49.6
Run: 46.00
Pass: 49.3

1 Pressure (sack) 28 snaps.

Yep. Interesting we only had 28 offensive snaps with him.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Interesting we only had 28 offensive snaps with him.

Jonah had 30 snaps. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. So he'll probably get graded in the 20s. lulz

Am I remembering correctly that PFF grades you in part on the number of snaps you play? So he'll mos def be in the 20s because he was only in for part of the game. 

PFF can be useful information sometimes but I wouldn't take Carman's grade this week seriously at all. 

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:25 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Am I remembering correctly that PFF grades you in part on the number of snaps you play? So he'll mos def be in the 20s because he was only in for part of the game. 

PFF can be useful information sometimes but I wouldn't take Carman's grade this week seriously at all. 

Yes, the number of snaps effect the grade. At this point, i'd just use them to wipe my butt. 

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:43 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Either that or we move Adeniji to LT and put Prince in at RT. Not sure what else to do. If we were going to call Spain or someone we needed to do it probably when LC went down. He needed the time to get into game shape and practice and such.

LT is where Adeniji plays best.I look for them to move him
To LT.I also think Prince would be the choice at RT.
Reply/Quote
what a time to lose your O-Line.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Ouch I dont know which one was worse Charmin dropping his feet and Bowswer just swiping his hands and blowing right him or Max Sharping getting stood up by 1 arm and just drove out of the way by Campbell.

Edit: That's Oweh not Campbell.

Man I'm so terrible at watching the oline. I didn't even notice Sharping until you pointed it out. Not great that our two most recent backups are the ones letting they're guys meet at the QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Considering he's played 4 or 5 snaps all season, and those were at RG, I thought he did ok. Sure, he struggled a little bit, but he's going against the Ravens D line coming off the bench. He may be better at LT, where he played at Clemson for Sunshine, than he is at guard. Outside of one poster who is acting like he caught him in bed with his old lady, I hope people root this kid to succeed. Face it, there is no one else, (those calling for Whit are just ignorant) so constant bashing of him serves no purpose.I highly doubt we see Jonah again this season. I focused on Carman,  amd the one thing he needs to be careful of is he is flirting with moving early on almost every play. I would attribute that to nerves last night. Imagine the pressure he was feeling last night at Paycor...

Rooting for Jackson Carman for sure, that was being thrown into the fire in a monster game with all eyes on him.

Overall, I agree, he played decent. Especially in run blocking, I thought he would struggle a bit in pass protection, just the player he is.

Speaking of OL, I thought Scharping had one hell of a game, except for one play, love his effort and the way he plays through the whistle.
Reply/Quote
Really not too worried about Carman at LT.

Baltimore's defense is solid, the next team up is Buffalo who just allowed 30 plus points to a guy named Skylar Thompson. A 3rd stringer hung 30 on their defense at home.

If Von Miller was healthy, then you have more concern but this is the time for Carman to show he belongs and not a bust/wasted pick like the other two OL picks from the class.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Jonah had 30 snaps. 

What were Carman's grades relative to Jonah's? 

How did Volson, Karras, Adeniji, & Scharping grade out? 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:25 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Am I remembering correctly that PFF grades you in part on the number of snaps you play? So he'll mos def be in the 20s because he was only in for part of the game. 

You can get high grades with low snaps. Hendrickson graded out at 91 recently and he played 18 or 19 snaps. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Really not too worried about Carman at LT.

Baltimore's defense is solid, the next team up is Buffalo who just allowed 30 plus points to a guy named Skylar Thompson. A 3rd stringer hung 30 on their defense at home.

If Von Miller was healthy, then you have more concern but this is the time for Carman to show he belongs and wasted a bust/wasted pick like the other two OL picks from the class.

Nice post Murdock. I could really see our Offense blowing up against the Bills and that Defense. They can be a poor tackling team
and that just isn't good for them going against our Offense that is really hard to tackle. Also love how our Defense is playing and 
Josh Allen is being really careless with the football right now. Look for Pratt, Wilson, Hilton, Bell, Bates, CTB all to be tearing at the
ball if Allen takes off. Need to keep Diggs, Gabe Davis and Dawson from hurting us.

This is the game I was wanting to see and it is even more so after the first time around being cancelled.
Reply/Quote
I wonder what the PS rules are. Can we sign a player that was on another PS to our PS?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder what the PS rules are. Can we sign a player that was on another  PS to our PS?

We'll just elevate Prince. 

Taylor played every game in the PIs from the PS last year, IIRC. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder what the PS rules are. Can we sign a player that was on another  PS to our PS?

If I recall correctly, you must sign a PS player from another team to your 53 to take them.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We'll just elevate Prince. 

Taylor played every game in the PIs from the PS last year, IIRC. 

Most likely that's why l asked about signing them to our PS!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If I recall correctly, you must sign a PS player from another team to your 53 to take them.

I know that's the rule during the regular season. But I think PS players are unemployed once team is eliminated 

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know that's the rule during the regular season. But I think PS players are unemployed once team is eliminated 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-training-camp-roster-faqs-defining-injured-reserve-pup-list-nfi-and-more

Quote:A practice squad player is eligible to negotiate and sign to any team's active roster at any time during the League Year. However, such a player is prohibited from signing to another team's practice squad. Essentially, no practice squad hopping.

One caveat: A player can't sign with his team's next opponent after 4 p.m. ET on the sixth day before said game. The timeframe changes to 10 days during bye weeks. After the conference championships, no player from a Super Bowl practice squad can sign with the opponent.

I think their contract doesn't expire until the end of the league year unless they cut from the practice squad. Not 100%

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote