Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman back at PBS
Collins looks washed and after a very serious injury i think hes done no matter what he says, Williams was awful last year and is also coming into the year recovering from an injury so im wishing Carmen wins the right tackle job if we don't draft a tackle in round 1 or 2. after watching tons of videos Dawand Jones is really growing on me.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 11:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As someone who has multiple herniated discs, I can tell you that those without them have no idea who bad and how constant the pain can be. I cannot fathom playing Pro level football with one.

Depends which disc & nerve placements. My L5 herniated 2 different times. 1st time was my right side & it was excruciating pain until surgery over 2 months later. 2nd time was left side of same disc & it hurt for 1 day then went numb, like whole leg numb, until surgery. 1st surgery was pretty painless after. 2nd surgery hurt bad for a week. If he had pain like my 1st herniation, there's no way you could play. Spasms were absolutely devastating. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 12:51 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Aint that the truth! I am dealing with one now and have been beyind frustrated at this whole process. Finally get an MRI on Thursday after two months of treatements that didn't work

If your spine is adjusted correctly the disc only goes back in naturally with inversion therapy, but you need 5 or 6 hours a day for weeks hanging upside down. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 11:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As someone who has multiple herniated discs, I can tell you that those without them have no idea who bad and how constant the pain can be. I cannot fathom playing Pro level football with one.

Same here. There have been days I've had to crawl to the bathroom. That shit ain't no joke.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 01:13 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: If your spine is adjusted correctly the disc only goes back in naturally with inversion therapy, but you need 5 or 6 hours a day for weeks hanging upside down. 

That, and a lot of ice....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Best thing about this thread is that most of us have learned how to spell the guy's name. It's CARMAN, the football player, not CARMEN, the opera.

We are not drafting a RT early and Williams will not be traded. Carman and Jonah will be the starter and the backup swing tackle; which is which will be determined in training camp. What they do with Collins will depend on his rehab.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 01:43 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Best thing about this thread is that most of us have learned how to spell the guy's name.  It's CARMAN, the football player, not CARMEN, the opera.

We are not drafting a RT early and Williams will not be traded.  Carman and Jonah will be the starter and the backup swing tackle; which is which will be determined in training camp.  What they do with Collins will depend on his rehab.

Really?  For two years now, I was sure that it was Charmin.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 01:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Same here. There have been days I've had to crawl to the bathroom. That shit ain't no joke.

Been there.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 12:58 PM)RancidJedi Wrote: Collins looks washed and after a very serious injury i think hes done no matter what he says, Williams was awful last year and is also coming into the year recovering from an injury so im wishing Carmen wins the right tackle job if we don't draft a tackle in round 1 or 2.   after watching tons of videos Dawand Jones is really growing on me.

If Jonah is on the roster, healthy, and not sitting out, he will almost assuredly start over Carman.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 01:10 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Depends which disc & nerve placements. My L5 herniated 2 different times. 1st time was my right side & it was excruciating pain until surgery over 2 months later. 2nd time was left side of same disc & it hurt for 1 day then went numb, like whole leg numb, until surgery. 1st surgery was pretty painless after. 2nd surgery hurt bad for a week. If he had pain like my 1st herniation, there's no way you could play. Spasms were absolutely devastating. 

I have had disk herniations at C3/4, C6/7, L 5 and another one in mid back that I don't recall the number T something. I also have to compression fractures, at T-10 and L-4. I've lost over 1.5 inches in height with the fractures. And those are just what I know of, I'll be getting another MRI later this year to see what else has gone south on me.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 01:10 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Depends which disc & nerve placements. My L5 herniated 2 different times. 1st time was my right side & it was excruciating pain until surgery over 2 months later. 2nd time was left side of same disc & it hurt for 1 day then went numb, like whole leg numb, until surgery. 1st surgery was pretty painless after. 2nd surgery hurt bad for a week. If he had pain like my 1st herniation, there's no way you could play. Spasms were absolutely devastating. 

I do not have sciatica pain like shooting down either leg as I have seen people describe but back extention is pretty painful and I can not do anything active like golf, run, lift weights or pretty much any activity. Insurance forced me to weight 6 weeks from first treatment and two weeks of useless PT that only made it hurt worse. I am hoping for a minimally invasive surgical option that can get me back to normal or mostly normal. What was your first surgery and level of relief and activity you gained?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 08:36 AM)Garrus Wrote: Encouraging, but still need to see him play well constantly. I want to see him dominate in the preseason before I would begin to feel comfortable with him as our RT.

Could end up as our 6th OL for heavy sets
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 11:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Reports are Carman came in another 15-20 lbs lighter and ia looking like he put in the offseason work. I think the young man figured it out....

Great news. If Carman plays well at RT we are in a great spot and don't have to draft an OT early. Him coming in in shape sure is a 
good sign along with how he played LT in the Playoffs. I have said it before but the 2 players that could help this team more than 
anybody are Jackson Carman and Zach Carter. If these guys take a huge step forward our trenches should be tops.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 01:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Same here. There have been days I've had to crawl to the bathroom. That shit ain't no joke.

(04-25-2023, 03:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have had disk herniations at C3/4, C6/7, L 5 and another one in mid back that I don't recall the number T something. I also have to compression fractures, at T-10 and L-4. I've lost over 1.5 inches in height with the fractures. And those are just what I know of, I'll be getting another MRI later this year to see what else has gone south on me.

(04-25-2023, 04:27 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: I do not have sciatica pain like shooting down either leg as I have seen people describe but back extention is pretty painful and I can not do anything active like golf, run, lift weights or pretty much any activity. Insurance forced me to weight 6 weeks from first treatment and two weeks of useless PT that only made it hurt worse. I am hoping for a minimally invasive surgical option that can get me back to normal or mostly normal. What was your first surgery and level of relief and activity you gained?

Well guys, add me to the bad back club, as well.  I suffered two severve herniations at the same time in my early 30s.  The discs between L4/5 and L5/S1, I was a Semi-Pro football player back at that time.  Doctor advised me to not have surgery, as spinal fusion was the only option at that time (2002).  Doc did advise me to rest, rehab, and then keep my body as strong as possible, and at best I'd be about 90% of what I could have been.

I took his advice to heart.  I never was able to resume playing football, as the impact from the collisions was just too much.  I also had to give up pick-up basketball, as the shock from landing had the same effect as the collisions on the field.  I did eventually make it back out waterskiing, but only on calm water for runs of much shorter duration that before the injury.  I have always stayed dedicated to strength training, and eventually began competing in amature Strongman, in fact I host competitions and still do compete in the Masters 50+ division (when my body cooperates).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that having a debilitating back issue isn't the end of the road.  You can still have a quality life that includes physical activities, just maybe not the ones you originally had planned.  Good luck with your treatments and rehabs.  If you ever need any advice, encouragement or training tips, feel free to hit me up via PM.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 02:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  For two years now, I was sure that it was Charmin.   Ninja

I don't often rep snarky posts but that's pretty good.

Also, props to you for adjusting to your chronic back problems and offering help and support to others. I'm 75 with a healthy back and I know how lucky I am.
Reply/Quote
*signs bad back club roster*

Two previously fractured vertebrae and arthritis throughout the spine.

30 years ago, I was told I had the spine of a 70 year old. I must have one resembling an active corpse by now.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news. If Carman plays well at RT we are in a great spot and don't have to draft an OT early. Him coming in in shape sure is a 
good sign along with how he played LT in the Playoffs. I have said it before but the 2 players that could help this team more than 
anybody are Jackson Carman and Zach Carter. If these guys take a huge step forward our trenches should be tops.

The only downside to that is no one actually seeing this in action prior to the draft.
It's good news he's coming in better conditioned, but ultimately it will be how confident the coaches are Carman can transition successfully to the right side.
Between Jonah, Carman, and Ford I think RT can be "good enough" this year, but I'm not confident enough yet to say it's solidified.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
That moment when you realize the Jungle Noise posters are getting a little long in the tooth.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That moment when you realize the Jungle Noise posters are getting a little long in the tooth.

It’s called veneers, thank you very much

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Good news

It would be so sweet to see Carman come in healthy, hungry, and eating glass or crayons. And finally take a spot on the starting Oline. And be good
Reply/Quote