Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman back at PBS
(04-25-2023, 02:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If Jonah is on the roster, healthy, and not sitting out, he will almost assuredly start over Carman.

Probably. But I could see a scenario where he pouts into camp and Carman just flat out wins the job, with Collins still not 100%. Jonah gets his wish and stays at LT .........backing up Brown. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The only downside to that is no one actually seeing this in action prior to the draft.
It's good news he's coming in better conditioned, but ultimately it will be how confident the coaches are Carman can transition successfully to the right side.
Between Jonah, Carman, and Ford I think RT can be "good enough" this year, but I'm not confident enough yet to say it's solidified.

All true, it is hope more than anything at this point. I am still all for Darnell Wright as insurance as I don't see Cody Ford being 
anything more than a versatile backup to come in as an emergency fill in. Still think we trade Jonah during the Draft. All I know is
Jackson Carman showing he can play LT decent in the Playoffs made me feel a lot better.

If he just likes being on the outside at Tackle and is just not comfortable on the interior, he might be the answer at RT, but lots of
OL just aren't as good playing on the other side of the line too.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Probably. But I could see a scenario where he pouts into camp and Carman just flat out wins the job, with Collins still not 100%. Jonah gets his wish and stays at LT .........backing up Brown. 

Could see that happening if we don't trade Jonah, that would suck for him lol
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, it is hope more than anything at this point. I am still all for Darnell Wright as insurance as I don't see Cody Ford being 
anything more than a versatile backup to come in as an emergency fill in. Still think we trade Jonah during the Draft. All I know is
Jackson Carman showing he can play LT decent in the Playoffs made me feel a lot better.

If he just likes being on the outside at Tackle and is just not comfortable on the interior, he might be the answer at RT, but lots of

Re: trading Jonah. 

I guess it depends on the haul, but man, if you do, RT looks a lot wobblier. You are betting the farm (Burrow) on Carman's improvement/Collins' recovery and/or Ford/Adeniji/Smith. Absent Wright falling into our lap, or D. Jones being there Rd 2, I don't think we trade Jonah without pkug & plauly OT reinforcements in hand. Maybecas part if a deal to moveup & get someone. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 06:02 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Re: trading Jonah. 

I guess it depends on the haul, but man, if you do, RT looks a lot wobblier. You are betting the farm (Burrow) on Carman's improvement/Collins' recovery and/or Ford/Adeniji/Smith. Absent Wright falling into our lap, or D. Jones being there Rd 2, I don't think we trade Jonah without pkug & plauly OT reinforcements in hand. Maybecas part if a deal to moveup & get someone. 

Well yeah, I still think we can add someone that fits better than Jonah anyways and he is injured a lot. Dawand Jones could certainly 
fall to us at 60 with him avoiding agility drills, same with Bergeron or Warren McClendon who all fit a power Gap scheme in which Jonah
honestly doesn't. Wanya Morris is another one. Just saying that the best scenario is Carman becoming a stud RT for us.

I don't want us to expect it though for damn sure.
Reply/Quote
His good reps are so violent.... definitely rooting for the guy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 02:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  For two years now, I was sure that it was Charmin.   Ninja

Dammit Sunset, it's Karman! With an "a"!!
Reply/Quote
When it comes to Carman at this point: just plan for the worst, hope for the best
Reply/Quote
What the Bengals do early in the draft this year will tell us about their confidence in Carman. And while I want RT solidified, I'll be excited to see them draft other positions early this year as I'd take that as the Bengals confidence in Carman
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Probably. But I could see a scenario where he pouts into camp and Carman just flat out wins the job, with Collins still not 100%. Jonah gets his wish and stays at LT .........backing up Brown. 

I don't see Jonah pouting his way into camp. First off, he hasn't shown himself to be that kind of person. He asked for a trade, he never said he wouldn't play. He was squatting 500 lbs. on his post-surgery knees the other day. And, the lack of interest shown in him by no team asking to trade for him has surely shown him he needs to put up some good game footage this year to erase his disastrous year last year that is still fresh in everyone's mind. His only path forward is to come in, work hard, and put up some good games.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 08:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't see Jonah pouting his way into camp. First off, he hasn't shown himself to be that kind of person. He asked for a trade, he never said he wouldn't play. He was squatting 500 lbs. on his post-surgery knees the other day. And, the lack of interest shown in him by no team asking to trade for him has surely shown him he needs to put up some good game footage this year to erase his disastrous year last year that is still fresh in everyone's mind. His only path forward is to come in, work hard, and put up some good games.

I agree with most of what you are saying, until that bolded part.  You don't know that, none of us knows for sure who or what teams have reached out to the Bengals with regard to Jonah Williams.  The team tends to stay pretty quiet until deals are agreed to in principle and ready to be announced.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, it is hope more than anything at this point. I am still all for Darnell Wright as insurance as I don't see Cody Ford being 

The reason I think we draft a RT is that Jonah and Collins don’t look to be long term. Carman is still unknown at RT. They want to quit dealing with it. I think they feel the same about TE.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 11:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As someone who has multiple herniated discs, I can tell you that those without them have no idea who bad and how constant the pain can be. I cannot fathom playing Pro level football with one.

I had my L4-L5 and L5-S1 herniate about 18 months ago.  It was excruciating and debilitating.  I could not imagine doing much, let alone blocking in FBS football.  It took nearly all this time to get back to functional.  Thank God, I was able to avoid surgery.  Couldn't really take the time off and I did a ton of PT, stretching, inversion table, and massage. 

I would imagine Carman had a nerve block to be able to play football.  Scary stuff.  

I hope he comes out breathing fire should Jonah be traded and he takes the RT spot and never looks back.  
Reply/Quote

Based on?   I have 2 years of Carman not being able to win a starting job that included several legit criticisms.  I have 2 years of zero evidence of Jonah pouting, even when had 2 dislocated kneecaps.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 01:13 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: If your spine is adjusted correctly the disc only goes back in naturally with inversion therapy, but you need 5 or 6 hours a day for weeks hanging upside down. 

You tube, has some shows on some extreme bone cracking, of course in the end they are advertisements, but some people who have suffered years finally get healed. Herbs and vitamins go a long way fighting inflammation for us older guys, just like football players eating the right foods, here's to you all getting healthier and by the way would love to see a couple pancake blocks by Carman each game.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 08:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't see Jonah pouting his way into camp. First off, he hasn't shown himself to be that kind of person. He asked for a trade, he never said he wouldn't play. He was squatting 500 lbs. on his post-surgery knees the other day. And, the lack of interest shown in him by no team asking to trade for him has surely shown him he needs to put up some good game footage this year to erase his disastrous year last year that is still fresh in everyone's mind. His only path forward is to come in, work hard, and put up some good games.

I agree that this is the most likely, and most desireable, scenario. 

It gives us the most OT depth this year but likely takes OT off the board in the deaft, at least early, and allows us to focus on TE, CB, pass rush, RB, and getting more speed in O (RB, TE, WR depth). 

Problem is, the draft is tomorrow. We don't know, for sure, how he will react. But I doubt seriously he sits out. Stranger things, though....
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 09:19 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The reason I think we draft a RT is that Jonah and Collins don’t look to be long term. Carman is still unknown at RT. They want to quit dealing with it. I think they feel the same about TE.

Jonah is definitely not long term, he will be gone either in a trade during the Draft or next Offseason. Would be a good idea to 
Draft a RT as insurance for sure in case Carman cannot make the adjustment to the right side. But if Darnell Wright is gone I 
don't want to see us reaching for one, trade back and grab one of them or wait till 60 and add one.

It will be interesting on seeing which way we go in this Draft, it will tell a lot on who we are bringing back or who we are trying
to replace.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:17 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: *signs bad back club roster*

Two previously fractured vertebrae and arthritis throughout the spine.

30 years ago, I was told I had the spine of a 70 year old. I must have one resembling an active corpse by now.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

About the same. I suffered compression fractures on the bottom four lumbars in a bad wreck at seventeen. Then came the herniated discs in my 20s. I'm in decent shape these days, except for the arthritic stiffness. I just can't stand very long, or sit without a chair back. As long as I'm moving or sitting with back support, I do ok.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 09:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with most of what you are saying, until that bolded part.  You don't know that, none of us knows for sure who or what teams have reached out to the Bengals with regard to Jonah Williams.  The team tends to stay pretty quiet until deals are agreed to in principle and ready to be announced.

Fair point, but since no trade has occurred I feel it is safe to say no team thinks Jonah is worth what the Bengals are asking then.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I had my L4-L5 and L5-S1 herniate about 18 months ago.  It was excruciating and debilitating.  I could not imagine doing much, let alone blocking in FBS football.  It took nearly all this time to get back to functional.  Thank God, I was able to avoid surgery.  Couldn't really take the time off and I did a ton of PT, stretching, inversion table, and massage. 

I would imagine Carman had a nerve block to be able to play football.  Scary stuff.  

I hope he comes out breathing fire should Jonah be traded and he takes the RT spot and never looks back.  

I get the most relief from Acupuncture.
Reply/Quote