Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman has COVID
(08-19-2022, 12:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote: The issue is CARMAN Doesn't even act like he wants to play, the man has ZERO MOTOR, he doesn't even play hard, everything about him from the way he even walks and talks just screams lazy. He has no passion about anything. 

All those bashing 740 …
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 04:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: All those bashing 740 … he’s not far off.

Yes he is.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes he is.

We’ll see
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 05:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Uh then somebody with a 7 figure check is lying.

Or else they are just feeding you a line of BS.

There have been many more than one person with a 7 figure paycheck that has complemented Carman's work ethic this year.  I'll take their word over something you can't confirm as true.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 07:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or else they are just feeding you a line of BS.

There have been many more than one person with a 7 figure paycheck that has complemented Carman's work ethic this year.  I'll take their word over something you can't confirm as true.

Ridiculously unlikely

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 12:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote: The issue is CARMAN Doesn't even act like he wants to play, the man has ZERO MOTOR, he doesn't even play hard, everything about him from the way he even walks and talks just screams lazy. He has no passion about anything. 

Eh, all Training Camp Carman has been impressing everyone with his work ethic. He was leading the OL after practices doing sprints
for heck sake and he is a mauler, not an athletic Lineman like Volson is who you would think be leading. Carman doesn't set well and 
holds his hands out too far outside of the DL with poor hand placement. 

This has been his problem and oh, getting moved out of position.

I will wait and see on Carman, just a bad time for him to get covid when Volson is playing decent and gets a start against starters 
this Sunday. We will see how well Volson plays and this will dictate on how much we look at vet Guards and Centers and even OT's.

The 2 OL I was the most unimpressed with were Prince and Adeniji big surprise and they were going against backups. Trey Hill also
played like crap against the Cardinals and these guys were ALL around Carman ALL game. Hard for him to hold up with all these 
guys just playing terrible.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 04:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: All those bashing 740 … he’s not far off.

One of the few times I disagree with you.

Just cause a mauling O-lineman doesn't scream psycho aggressor doesn't mean he is lazy.

This hasn't been Carman's problem from what I saw, I answered 740 on why he IS far off.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 07:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One of the few times I disagree with you.

Just cause a mauling O-lineman doesn't scream psycho aggressor doesn't mean he is lazy.

This hasn't been Carman's problem from what I saw, I answered 740 on why he IS far off.

Well I did say he wasn’t far off. I don’t think he wants to play and to a degree lazy. Volson is going to start.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 05:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Uh then somebody with a 7 figure check is lying.

So is this another one of those cases of you saying someone "on the inside" spoke poorly of Carman's work ethic?  Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 07:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I did say he wasn’t far off. I don’t think he wants to play and to a degree lazy. Volson is going to start.

You don't think Jackson Carman wants to play?

Of course he wants to get out there and prove the doubters wrong. He just got covid man and will have to sit out a bit.

Just bad timing for him with Volson playing decent the last game and getting his shot against starters Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, all Training Camp Carman has been impressing everyone with his work ethic. He was leading the OL after practices doing sprints
for heck sake and he is a mauler, not an athletic Lineman like Volson is who you would think be leading. Carman doesn't set well and 
holds his hands out too far outside of the DL with poor hand placement. 

This has been his problem and oh, getting moved out of position.

I will wait and see on Carman, just a bad time for him to get covid when Volson is playing decent and gets a start against starters 
this Sunday. We will see how well Volson plays and this will dictate on how much we look at vet Guards and Centers and even OT's.

The 2 OL I was the most unimpressed with were Prince and Adeniji big surprise and they were going against backups. Trey Hill also
played like crap against the Cardinals and these guys were ALL around Carman ALL game. Hard for him to hold up with all these 
guys just playing terrible.

Your last paragraph summed it up. There were some mental errors, but Carman was surrounded by trash last week. Jackson hasn't given us much to be confident about, but throwing in the towel, and dude's on a message board claiming to know his work ethic and motivation is pretty damn silly. You know who else doesn't look like he's trying hard? Ja'Marr Chase... Is that dude lazy?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:21 PM)jason Wrote: Your last paragraph summed it up. There were some mental errors, but Carman was surrounded by trash last week. Jackson hasn't given us much to be confident about, but throwing in the towel, and dude's on a message board claiming to know his work ethic and motivation is pretty damn silly. You know who else doesn't look like he's trying hard?  Ja'Marr Chase... Is that dude lazy?

Yeah, lazy dude there lol

But spot on, some people just hate the guy and I don't know why with Carman. Another one of those 2nd round picks I guess.

If they don't play up to their draft position early it can be curtains with the fans quickly. Just bad timing for Carman getting covid.

Bet he would play a lot better this week without Prince and Hill around him. Jonah and Karras are major upgrades.
Reply/Quote
I am pretty sure Carman had covid last year during camp.
Reply/Quote
He better stay indoors during storms.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:21 PM)jason Wrote: Your last paragraph summed it up. There were some mental errors, but Carman was surrounded by trash last week. Jackson hasn't given us much to be confident about, but throwing in the towel, and dude's on a message board claiming to know his work ethic and motivation is pretty damn silly. You know who else doesn't look like he's trying hard?  Ja'Marr Chase... Is that dude lazy?

Well there are reports of Ja'Marr staying after practice and catching buckets of balls and if he misses one he runs it back to the bucket. There was a video of Volston working after practice this week with Collins. So support Jackson all you want, just don't compare him to Ja'Marr Chase. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:21 PM)jason Wrote: Your last paragraph summed it up. There were some mental errors, but Carman was surrounded by trash last week. Jackson hasn't given us much to be confident about, but throwing in the towel, and dude's on a message board claiming to know his work ethic and motivation is pretty damn silly. You know who else doesn't look like he's trying hard? Ja'Marr Chase... Is that dude lazy?

Really bad take. Ja’Marr often stays after practice to work with the jugs machine (reported by Peter King and others). By all accounts he’s one of the hardest working dude’s on the team.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But spot on, some people just hate the guy and I don't know why with Carman. 

There are always some players who certain fans hate from the moment we draft them just because they wanted someone different.

But I think the biggest strike against Carman was the claim that he came into camp overweight and out-of-shape last year.  That is a kiss of death for a lot of fans.  He would have had to play great to erase that from everyone's mind, but unfortunately, he did not play that well at all.

But in college Carmen was All-ACC as a sophomore.  His junior season he played with a back injury so bad that it required surgery after the season, but he was All-ACC again.  Since Carman is neither exceptionally fast nor strong it is hard to believe that he could accomplish all that while being lazy and not caring.
Reply/Quote
Any of you old enough to remember how lazy Earl Campbell acted.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 09:03 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am pretty sure Carman had covid last year during camp.

It was during the season last year that he went on the Covid list.

https://www.bengals.com/news/jackson-carman-activated-from-reserve-covid-19

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 11:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Any of you old enough to remember how lazy Earl Campbell acted.

I am, but I also remember the Andre Smith "moobs" run at the combine, and also that our #6 overall pick took 3 years to produce.  What's your point here?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote