Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman has COVID
(08-19-2022, 11:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Any of you old enough to remember how lazy Earl Campbell acted.

So far I've seen Jackson Carman compared Ja'Marr Chase and Earl Campbell
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 11:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But in college Carmen was All-ACC as a sophomore.  His junior season he played with a back injury so bad that it required surgery after the season, but he was All-ACC again.  Since Carman is neither exceptionally fast nor strong it is hard to believe that he could accomplish all that while being lazy and not caring.

But he is extremely strong though. When he actually lands his punch he’s destroys guys.

Reply/Quote
I am surprised people are still getting tested for Covid, even when they feel a little sick/off.

I though the NFL did away with testing requirements
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 12:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But he is extremely strong though. When he actually lands his punch he’s destroys guys.

That is not just raw strength.  That is a technique that he has developed through hard work.

It is like judging a baseball players strength by how far he hits a baseball.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is not just raw strength.  That is a technique that he has developed through hard work.

And out of interest how exactly are you judging your claim that 330lb 6”5 Carman doesn’t have natural strength?

I know you will literally argue everything but that’s outrageous.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Really bad take. Ja’Marr often stays after practice to work with the jugs machine (reported by Peter King and others). By all accounts he’s one of the hardest working dude’s on the team.

Well, sometimes it looks like Ja'Marr looks lazy cause he just makes it look so easy lol

Doesn't mean he is lazy at all, just the way it looks, I guess that is what Jason meant.

I have no idea how people can say either are lazy from what we saw last Friday night or in TC this year. Carman was
trying his ass off with 2 dudes on both sides of him getting beat constantly. Hard to hold up when on both sides of you
when there is terrible play. Sure, he got beat himself but a lot of that could of been on Prince, Hill or Adeniji.

(08-19-2022, 11:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are always some players who certain fans hate from the moment we draft them just because they wanted someone different.

But I think the biggest strike against Carman was the claim that he came into camp overweight and out-of-shape last year.  That is a kiss of death for a lot of fans.  He would have had to play great to erase that from everyone's mind, but unfortunately, he did not play that well at all.

But in college Carmen was All-ACC as a sophomore.  His junior season he played with a back injury so bad that it required surgery after the season, but he was All-ACC again.  Since Carman is neither exceptionally fast nor strong it is hard to believe that he could accomplish all that while being lazy and not caring.

He did have back surgery before he came in out of shape, hard to work out right after surgery especially if you are a 330 
pound dude. Also, Carman sure isn't fast but he sure is strong, extremely strong and when he gets his hands on even the 
biggest NT it is over, this is where I still have hope with Carman, he is young and will get better with his technique.

He just needs to get over this covid thing quickly and get back to work cause if Volson plays well tomorrow Carman may
not be starting against the steelers opening day.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is not just raw strength.  That is a technique that he has developed through hard work.

He’s a former 5 star recruit. To say he isn’t extremely athletic and strong is ridiculous. And technique (hand placement) is exactly what he does struggle with.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s a former 5 star recruit. To say he isn’t extremely athletic and strong is ridiculous. And technique (hand placement) is exactly what he does struggle with.

All true, except Carman IS more of a mauler, not just an athlete like all Ogbuehi was with no strength.

If Carman gets his hand placement down and sets better he could be really good.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 06:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, except Carman IS more of a mauler, not just an athlete like all Ogbuehi was with no strength.

Right. Strength is Carman’s best attribute. But according to Fred it’s technique and work ethic. LOL

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 06:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right. Strength is Carman’s best attribute. But according to Fred it’s technique and work ethic. LOL

No way it is work ethic IMO.

Never been a problem with him, he was just coming off back surgery last year so he showed up out of shape at TC.

Kind of hard to work out coming off of back surgery. Maybe he should of just went vegan or somethin IDK.

But then he would of had no strength so fine line. Carman even got punished last TC for showing up like he did.

Dude has had it a little rough and now he gets covid right when Volson the dude pushing him gets to show his stuff lol
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Really bad take. Ja’Marr often stays after practice to work with the jugs machine (reported by Peter King and others). By all accounts he’s one of the hardest working dude’s on the team.

I don't think you caught my point. It's silly to make assessments about players' desire by the way they walk or carry themselves. I used Ja'Marr as an example, because he's one of the most effortless athletes I've ever seen. Looks like he's breezing through games. He's not lazy... I doubt Jackson Carman is either. If he is, the way he walks or carries himself has nothing to do with it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 06:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, except Carman IS more of a mauler, not just an athlete like all Ogbuehi was with no strength.

Hand placement and feces injections in his neck, apparently it has worked for Volson.  
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 11:09 PM)phil413 Wrote: Hand placement and feces injections in his neck, apparently it has worked for Volson.  

Confused
Reply/Quote
Listen, I want the guy to succeed, the way he carries himself just irritates me, be engaged, act like you want to be there.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 11:09 PM)phil413 Wrote: ... feces injections in his neck ...  

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11682405]

(08-21-2022, 11:09 PM)phil413 Wrote: ... apparently it has worked for Volson.  

[Image: OIP.MAyv9F3drT-oPo_m_NOQogAAAA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 06:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right. Strength is Carman’s best attribute. But according to Fred it’s technique and work ethic. LOL

I am sorry that you can not comprehend the difference between strength and technique.

i thought you understood some of the basics of football.

Take notice of how NFL teams do not just have weighlifting competitions to determine who their starting linemen are.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So far I've seen Jackson Carman compared Ja'Marr Chase and Earl Campbell

I don't think you get it.

The point is that it is possible for elite athletes to give the appearance of not giving maximum effort when in fact they are.

Understand now?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 11:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I am, but I also remember the Andre Smith "moobs" run at the combine, and also that our #6 overall pick took 3 years to produce.  What's your point here?

My point is very simple.  You can't judge the level of a player's desire based on 'the way he carries himslef".

Sorry, but I don't know how to use any smaller words than those.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 02:48 PM)gman657 Wrote: And out of interest how exactly are you judging your claim that 330lb 6”5  Carman doesn’t have natural strength?

I know you will literally argue everything but that’s outrageous.

Fred is saying it's not JUST raw natural strength, it's some technique too.
Think you jumped the gun there a bit.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 09:14 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Listen, I want the guy to succeed, the way he carries himself just irritates me, be engaged, act like you want to be there.

Hypothetical for you...

You have two employees on your team.
One is really strong technically, but the way they act and talk gives off the impression they aren't as dedicated.
The other is weaker technically, but they give off the perception that they try really hard and dedicate a lot of time and effort.
In the end though, Employee #1 is still stronger technically than Employee #2, but #2 gives the perception they are trying harder.

Which do you go with to get the job done?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote