Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer: A Football Life
(08-09-2018, 12:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: In terms of that, Dillon has, not so much retracted his comments, but apologised and basically called himself out as a little whiny prick, while he should've manned up and dealt with his departure differently.

Pickens has never said anything.

Joseph is a little, whiny POS.

Those are all the vocal guys I can think of; Willie has been vocal too, yet he still hangs around the team, the city, etc. so who knows what he thinks.

Lee Johnson, of all people, was pretty damn vocal while he was still on the team.  Boomer wanted out.....there were others.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 12:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We've seen NFL players become damaged goods and/or persona non grata due to their actions and Carson quitting on the Bengals led to him getting multiple offers, playing for another 7 years, and being welcome and made captain by other NFL teams and players.  I'm not saying he's a golden QB or anything, but I don't see the fallout of what he did.  We love to point out how everyone hates the Bengals...well, maybe that's part of the reason Carson Palmer demanding a trade from them wasn't career suicide.  There is a reason Tom Brady giving one of his coaches a dirty look is national news but players giving up on Marvin Lewis and the Bengals is "business as usual."

Also, if he would have played out his contract and then refused to stay here and leave as a FA I assume we'd have the same "You suck, we don't need you, you're giving up on the Bengals" attitude all the same.  It is the nature of NFL fans to loathe players that leave.  It's fandom at its best.

Yet again, not black and white; me personally, still have Dillon as my favourite RB ever and I have NEVER moved off that stance.

Same with Vernon Wells and Carlos Delgado leaving the Jays, Greg Maddux leaving the Braves (my second favourite team), I've never had an issue and I know my father, when his fandom was at it's highest, felt the same way too.

Comes down to the individual.
(08-09-2018, 12:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Lee Johnson, of all people, was pretty damn vocal while he was still on the team.  Boomer wanted out.....there were others.

Forgot about LJ. Yes, remember reading that.

But, Boomer came back, loved it again and speaks warmly about us when its warranted, so he seems to have reversed his mentality.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 08:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol, let's see how badly he throws Cincinnati under the bus. I bet the only positive will be that "They were the team to give me a chance in the NFL" -- which IMO is a players way of saying "I F****** hated that place".

gave him more than a chance....  Something like over 100 Millions more things.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 12:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yet again, not black and white; me personally, still have Dillon as my favourite RB ever and I have NEVER moved off that stance.

Same with Vernon Wells and Carlos Delgado leaving the Jays, Greg Maddux leaving the Braves (my second favourite team), I've never had an issue and I know my father, when his fandom was at it's highest, felt the same way too.

Comes down to the individual.

Forgot about LJ. Yes, remember reading that.

But, Boomer came back, loved it again and speaks warmly about us when its warranted, so he seems to have reversed his mentality.

After the 2010 season  carson did us a favor leaving.... at least that's how it feels
Reply/Quote
Yeah, that'll be a "no" for me, dog. Lifetime Bengals fan here who knows who Carl Pickens is and I'm still of the opinion that Palmer not only quit on the organization, but quit on his teammates and fans as well. I get the reasons why Palmer quit, but that doesn't mean I gotta respect him for doing it.

As much as Dalton infuriates me sometimes, dude has repeatedly taken potshots from fans/media and still shows up to work every day and is a big part of the community. I do gotta respect that even despite the average to below-average QB play from him.*
Reply/Quote
F*@k Palmer!
Reply/Quote
Carson who? He's just a guy who never got better. He peaked in his second year. Threw one of the prettiest balls ever but never stopped throwing too many of them to the wrong team. Geno summed it all up for me when he planted him the first chance he got.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 03:29 PM)McC Wrote: Carson who?  He's just a guy who never got better.  He peaked in his second year.   Threw one of the prettiest balls ever but never stopped throwing too many of them to the wrong team.  Geno summed it all up for me when he planted him the first chance he got.

He got better in 2015, just saying. Sure, if you go by his stint with the Raiders then yes, Palmer was a loser and he was a fool for leaving the Bengals.

Still, not sure how a guy who has his best season and was a top 3 QB in his 12th year in the league "never got better."
Reply/Quote
I think its funny how unforgiving Bengal fans are of Palmer. He made the Bengals exciting again when he came to Cincy. It felt fresh and hopeful in a very long time.

I dont blame him one bit for wanting out after years of dealing with Brown's BS. The guy has prepared his whole life for a chance to be on a winning team and Brown/Lewis weren't going to do that (and time has shown he is right)  Also, teams cut players loose before contracts end and on top of it he walked away from MILLIONS of dollars. That tells you how bad it is that it wasn't about the money for him but a solid chance at winning.

Im looking forward to the show, and loved Palmer and was very disappointed when he left because I did love his playing. I wasn't personally upset like he was a girlfriend breaking up with me on here like some people act.

I wished him the best when he left, and if anyone should be salty then it should be focused on Brown for not putting the right coach and organization in a position to win...which still hasn't come remotely close since he's taken over for his father.
Reply/Quote
Palmer was good enough that the Stealers knew they had to take out his knees to go on in the playoffs.....
Reply/Quote
I'll be watching. I love Palmer. Always loved Palmer.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 03:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think its funny how unforgiving Bengal fans are of Palmer. He made the Bengals exciting again when he came to Cincy. It felt fresh and hopeful in a very long time.

I dont blame him one bit for wanting out after years of dealing with Brown's BS. The guy has prepared his whole life for a chance to be on a winning team and Brown/Lewis weren't going to do that (and time has shown he is right)  Also, teams cut players loose before contracts end and on top of it he walked away from MILLIONS of dollars. That tells you how bad it is that it wasn't about the money for him but a solid chance at winning.

Im looking forward to the show, and loved Palmer and was very disappointed when he left because I did love his playing. I wasn't personally upset like he was a girlfriend breaking up with me on here like some people act.

I wished him the best when he left, and if anyone should be salty then it should be focused on Brown for not putting the right coach and organization in a position to win...which still hasn't come remotely close since he's taken over for his father.

he walked away from millions or could cause we had already put over 100 million into his bank account.

That's what he said at the time.. I have over 100 million in the bank if I don't play football again ill be okay.

Maybe he wasn't getting what he wanted.. He surely didn't get it anywhere else he went either.  I liked palmer for the hope he brought originally

and enjoyed his time here and time on hard knocks was great.. I don't hate him its a business... He made a choice.. It will definitely rub fans that take everything personally the wrong way.

But in the end he forced the bengals to change their ways a bit.  I don't think Bradkowski would have been let go that year if not for trying to lure palmer back.(which is enough reason to still like the guy.)
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 03:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He got better in 2015, just saying.  Sure, if you go by his stint with the Raiders then yes, Palmer was a loser and he was a fool for leaving the Bengals.

Still, not sure how a guy who has his best season and was a top 3 QB in his 12th year in the league "never got better."

Are you related to him or what?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 06:40 PM)McC Wrote: Are you related to him or what?

No, I just don't twist reality to fit my narrative.  You can hate the guy all you want, but to act like he was total garbage after 2005 is incorrectamundo.  Hell, people who don't hate Palmer may as well just say that he won the SB in Oakland. Who cares about reality?
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 08:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, I just don't twist reality to fit my narrative.  You can hate the guy all you want, but to act like he was total garbage after 2005 is incorrectamundo.  Hell, people who don't hate Palmer may as well just say that he won the SB in Oakland.  Who cares about reality?

I don't hate him.  He's just nothing to me.  And let me put it this way, as a Bengal, 2005 was his crowning achievement.  I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge what he did a decade later on another team.  

Reply/Quote
Many players have wanted out, many got out and others did not. Many have spoken up but likely many others did not but wanted to. There is a single common denominator throughout all this. He was and still is the reason we do not succeed. Don't blame the players
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:42 AM)McC Wrote: I don't hate him.  He's just nothing to me.  And let me put it this way, as a Bengal, 2005 was his crowning achievement.  I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge what he did a decade later on another team.  

Ah geez, sorry.  I must have looked at Palmer's statsheet without taking your feelings into account.  My bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 06:40 PM)McC Wrote: Are you related to him or what?

No. Hes just sensible. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 04:04 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I'll be watching. I love Palmer. Always loved Palmer.

Carson was the best thing since the (Bengals) 80s. :andy: 

He fits right into the Cook infamy of injuries.  :paul:

He'll always be a Bengal.  :andy:

His leg mobility was atrocious (even pre-injury). :paul:

I'm watching. :andy:

PS. For the record, I wasn't the one to dump trash in his front yard. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah geez, sorry.  I must have looked at Palmer's statsheet without taking your feelings into account.  My bad.

Not your fault he underachieved so badly.   With his God given gifts, his career is an embarrassment.

Reply/Quote