Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer: A Football Life
(08-10-2018, 03:11 PM)McC Wrote: Not your fault he underachieved so badly.   With his God given gifts, his career is an embarrassment.

You know, now that I look at his career with your butt full of hurt...I'm starting to see the second coming of Ryan Leaf.  Gee, you've really opened my eyes to a whole new world of butthurt over logic. Like a fool I've been looking at this with my eyes, when I should be looking at it with my butt. My butt full of hurt. Hey, maybe if we petition the NFL we can have his stats after 2005 deleted and replaced with "BIG MEANIE DOESN'T GET STATS"

What are you, Carson's high school sweetheart that he dumped before he made it into the NFL?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You know, now that I look at his career with your butt full of hurt...I'm starting to see the second coming of Ryan Leaf.  Gee, you've really opened my eyes to a whole new world of butthurt over logic.  Like a fool I've been looking at this with my eyes, when I should be looking at it with my butt.  My butt full of hurt.  Hey, maybe if we petition the NFL we can have his stats after 2005 deleted and replaced with "BIG MEANIE DOESN'T GET STATS"

What are you, Carson's high school sweetheart that he dumped before he made it into the NFL?

He underachieved.  End of story.  You don't see it.   That's your problem, not mine.   Hero worship is kinda creepy from an adult.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:27 PM)McC Wrote: He underachieved.  End of story.  You don't see it.   That's your problem, not mine.   Hero worship is kinda creepy from an adult.

What don't I see?  I just pointed out that the guy had one 

ONE

ONE good year after leaving Cincy.  Holy crap, call the internet police!  Someone is using facts to dispute my hurt feelings!  Help, my butthurt bias is being called out by an internet meanie!

And so on. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What don't I see?  I just pointed out that the guy had one 

ONE

ONE good year after leaving Cincy.  Holy crap, call the internet police!  Someone is using facts to dispute my hurt feelings!  Help, my butthurt bias is being called out by an internet meanie!

And so on. 

Then you agree he underachieved.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:41 PM)McC Wrote: Then you agree he underachieved.

Hard to say, the guy was drafted by the Mike Brown-era Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hard to say, the guy was drafted by the Mike Brown-era Bengals.

Chad didn't underachieve nor TJ nor Whit nor AJ nor Burfict...

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 05:31 PM)McC Wrote: Chad didn't underachieve nor TJ nor Whit nor AJ nor Burfict...

Nor did Palmer, according to people who aren't butthurt Bengals fans.  Hell, Palmer is the only QB Mike Brown drafted who actually won a playoff game.  I think the only QB's we've had under center in the past 30 years who have ever won a playoff game are Palmer, Boomer, and Neil O'Donnell, and all 3 did so when they weren't playing for the Mike Brown era Bengals.  That tells you how much people should want to play here.  Ouch.

Anyways, it's hard to judge a QB who spends his prime years in Cincy or Detroit or a few other cities. Thems the breaks. But it really comes down to what makes you think Palmer underachieved. What do you expect a QB to do under Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nor did Palmer, according to people who aren't butthurt Bengals fans.  Hell, Palmer is the only QB Mike Brown drafted who actually won a playoff game.  I think the only QB's we've had under center in the past 30 years who have ever won a playoff game are Palmer, Boomer, and Neil O'Donnell.  That tells you how much people should want to play here.  Ouch.

Anyways, it's hard to judge a QB who spends his prime years in Cincy or Detroit or a few other cities.  Thems the breaks.  But it really comes down to what makes you think Palmer underachieved.  What do you expect a QB to do under Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis?
You really like that butthurt word, don't you?  

You're bringing up a playoff game he won for another team?  Who the hell cares?

Yes, of course he underachieved.  He was massively talented but never got better.  As a Bengal, his playoff performance that lost me as a fan was the utter debacle, the giant egg he laid in '09.  After that, I was done with him.

If it was so terrible here, why did he take the evil villain's big bundle of money to stay?  Would have been the perfect time to get out.  Hmm.  a head scratcher.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:35 PM)McC Wrote: You really like that butthurt word, don't you?  

You're acting super butthurt, so if the shoe fits...

(08-10-2018, 09:35 PM)McC Wrote: You're bringing up a playoff game he won for another team?  Who the hell cares?

People who attempt to look at Palmer's career with an objective eye.

(08-10-2018, 09:35 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, of course he underachieved.  He was massively talented but never got better.  As a Bengal, his playoff performance that lost me as a fan was the utter debacle, the giant egg he laid in '09.  After that, I was done with him.

He did get better, his best season was in 2015.  That year he was a top 3 QB and in multiple areas he was the flat-out best QB in the league.  These are facts.  Facts don't care if I love Palmer or you hate Palmer or you refuse to admit they exist.  This is why I keep calling you butthurt...you keep arguing against facts with your feelings and emotions.

To say Palmer never got better is to deny documented evidence that he did get better.  As you say, you were done with Palmer following the 09 season, which is your right, but the fact is that he played after 2009 no matter how much you want to deny it.  Again, your arguments are about you and about your feelings.

(08-10-2018, 09:35 PM)McC Wrote: If it was so terrible here, why did he take the evil villain's big bundle of money to stay?  Would have been the perfect time to get out.  Hmm.  a head scratcher.

He signed that extension before the 2005 playoff debacle.  We all believed then.  We were all wrong, and not just wrong about Palmer's ability to get it done in Cincy.  Read the rest of the Palmer "lovers" in this thread and you'll see plenty of people who understand how 2005 and 2010 were very different times for the Bengals.

If you want to say Palmer is a jerk and he was a crap QB and he didn't exist after 2009 and he never got better you can say that.  Just quit acting like what you are saying is, you know...right.
Reply/Quote
Palmer clearly underachieved. One postseason win. That’s it. Always threw pics at the wrong time. Ask Raider fans about him as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:55 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Palmer clearly underachieved.  One postseason win.     That’s it.  Always threw pics at the wrong time.  Ask Raider fans about him as well.

Hey now, one post-season win after getting a 1st round bye...that's almost 2.  Anyways, the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 27 years and the Raiders haven't won one in 15 years so Palmer did underachieve in the sense that he was never good enough to put an entire franchise on his back, I'll give you that.

Any QB who doesn't win your team a ring is a failure in a sense, which would explain why Steelers and Patriots fans are so much more smug than we are. Anyways, I'm to the point where I'm more playing devil's advocate here now. I said my piece. Palmer is miles from the HOF but he's not a bum either. So be it.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You're acting super butthurt, so if the shoe fits...

People who attempt to look at Palmer's career with an objective eye.

He did get better, his best season was in 2015.  That year he was a top 3 QB and in multiple areas he was the flat-out best QB in the league.  These are facts.  Facts don't care if I love Palmer or you hate Palmer or you refuse to admit they exist.  This is why I keep calling you butthurt...you keep arguing against facts with your feelings and emotions.

To say Palmer never got better is to deny documented evidence that he did get better.  As you say, you were done with Palmer following the 09 season, which is your right, but the fact is that he played after 2009 no matter how much you want to deny it.  Again, your arguments are about you and about your feelings.

He signed that extension before the 2005 playoff debacle.  We all believed then.  We were all wrong, and not just wrong about Palmer's ability to get it done in Cincy.  Read the rest of the Palmer "lovers" in this thread and you'll see plenty of people who understand how 2005 and 2010 were very different times for the Bengals.

If you want to say Palmer is a jerk and he was a crap QB and he didn't exist after 2009 and he never got better you can say that.  Just quit acting like what you are saying is, you know...right.
AS A BENGAL, he never got better.  I don't care what he did much later with another team.  I am a fan of one team.  And it ain't the Cardinals. 

He went downhill after 2005.  I don't see what is incorrect about that.  It seems pretty well documented.  There were extenuating circumstances.  And maybe it wasn't entirely his fault.  But he never lived up to his potential as a Bengal.  As a Bengal.  As a Bengal.  As a Bengal.   That is my one and only point.  And that, apparently, makes me ass wounded.  So be it.  I'm derriere injured.  Heinie harmed.

Nothing he did hurt my feelings.  When I look at him, I just see another sad case of what could have been.  What he was capable of achieving and what he achieved, pretty far apart.  So, he had a brief resurrection a decade later on another team.  Call him redeemed.  So be it.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:09 PM)McC Wrote: I don't care what he did much later with another team.  I am a fan of one team.  And it ain't the Cardinals. 

Ok, so you don't care about over 50% of the guy's career.  That's your right, but it does sort of put you behind the proverbial eight ball in an actual debate.  We aren't debating on equal footing here, so it's even more pointless at this point than it was before to continue onward.  Thanks for arguing, go Bengals. Amen. Holy crapola.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, so you don't care about over 50% of the guy's career.  That's your right, but it does sort of put you behind the proverbial eight ball in an actual debate.  We aren't debating on equal footing here, so it's even more pointless at this point than it was before to continue onward.  Thanks for arguing, go Bengals.  Amen.  Holy crapola.

I believe I understand what butthurt means to you.  Anyone disagreeing with you must be butthurt. 

And there's no real debate.  After 2005, he went downhill for the rest of his Bengals career.  That is not debatable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we on a Bengals message board, talking about Bengals football, in Jungle Noise, a place specifically for Bengals football?  How bizarre of me to focus strictly on a guy's Bengal career.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:30 PM)McC Wrote: I believe I understand what butthurt means to you.  Anyone disagreeing with you must be butthurt. 

And there's no real debate.  After 2005, he went downhill for the rest of his Bengals career.  That is not debatable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we on a Bengals message board, talking about Bengals football, in Jungle Noise, a place specifically for Bengals football?  How bizarre of me to focus strictly on a guy's Bengal career.

I'm pretty sure you are altering your argument, but I'm going to do my best to stop caring about this back 'n' forth.  I've said my piece and you are intentionally narrowing the focus of this topic to fit your agenda.

But you are right, this is a Bengals board to to discuss the Bengals.  Why you bothered to post in a thread about a guy who hasn't been on your radar for 8 years is a bit of a puzzle, I'll admit.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure you are altering your argument, but I'm going to do my best to stop caring about this back 'n' forth.  I've said my piece and you are intentionally narrowing the focus of this topic to fit your agenda.

But you are right, this is a Bengals board to to discuss the Bengals.  Why you bothered to post in a thread about a guy who hasn't been on your radar for 8 years is a bit of a puzzle, I'll admit.

Don't puzzle over it too much.  I posted in the thread cuz I felt like it.  Hope you don't mind.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:39 PM)McC Wrote: Don't puzzle over it too much.  I posted in the thread cuz I felt like it.  Hope you don't mind.

Alas, this thread isn't about you and me...it's about Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Alas, this thread isn't about you and me...it's about Carson Palmer.

BTW, that '15 season--only a whisker better than '05.  So, I was wrong, he marginally improved ten years later for one season.  I stand corrected.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:52 PM)McC Wrote: BTW, that '15 season--only a whisker better than '05.  So, I was wrong, he marginally improved ten years later for one season.  I stand corrected.

[Image: hallelujah.42.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Palmer never met his expectations and i finally let go of my grudge against him after he retired i hope he doesn’t embarrass our bengals in this even if it’s deserved
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote