Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson is out...
...probably.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ben-carson-to-tell-supporters-he-sees-no-path-forward-for-campaign/2016/03/02/d6bef352-d9b3-11e5-891a-4ed04f4213e8_story.html

Quote:Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon who briefly led the Republican presidential race before his campaign began an extended public implosion, told his supporters in a statement Wednesday afternoon that he does not see a “path forward” and will not attend Thursday’s debate in Detroit.

Carson, however, did not formally suspend his campaign. Instead, he said in the statement that he has decided to make a speech about his political future on Friday at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland, just outside of Washington.

“I do not see a political path forward in light of last evening’s Super Tuesday primary results,” the statement said. “However, this grassroots movement on behalf of ‘We the People’ will continue. Along with millions of patriots who have supported my campaign for President, I remain committed to Saving America for Future Generations.”
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I dont understand this guy. Just get out completely already. He is embarrassing himself, wasting his time, and wasting his money.

You have absolutely no chance of winning dude. GET OUT and take your friend Kasich with you.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Basically he is going to sell books.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-02-2016, 04:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont understand this guy. Just get out completely already. He is embarrassing himself, wasting his time, and wasting his money.

You have absolutely no chance of winning dude. GET OUT and take your friend Kasich with you.

Eh, he has books to sell.

Smirk
(03-02-2016, 05:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Basically he is going to sell books.

Just beat me to it!   LMAO
I knew this a week ago. I'm on the Cruz email list. Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
That's the most awkward way of saying "I'm open to endorse you and be your VP" I've ever seen.
(03-02-2016, 05:52 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I knew this a week ago. I'm on the Cruz email list. Ninja

Smirk
(03-02-2016, 05:58 PM)Benton Wrote: That's the most awkward way of saying "I'm open to endorse you and be your VP" I've ever seen.

It's like Craigslist to sell his endorsement to the highest bidder ala Palin and Christy.
Dude might as well go sign on to work at Fox News.
He'll never get elected for anything, now.
(03-02-2016, 06:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It's like Craigslist to sell his endorsement to the highest bidder ala Palin and Christy.

(03-02-2016, 07:40 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Dude might as well go sign on to work at Fox News.
He'll never get elected for anything, now.
I think he's hoping Cruz or Rubio will ask him.
His supporters will go to Cruz.

Rubio should drop out. He can't win.
(03-02-2016, 10:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: His supporters will go to Cruz.  

Rubio should drop out.   He can't win.

Especially if they keep pushing things like this.....

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/bombshell-report-marco-rubios-gay-scandal-surfaces/

It doesn't matter to me, but he'll lose every Christian conservative if solid evidence pops up.
(03-02-2016, 11:51 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Especially if they keep pushing things like this.....

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/bombshell-report-marco-rubios-gay-scandal-surfaces/

It doesn't matter to me, but he'll lose every Christian conservative if solid evidence pops up.

Which is funny because other than hold up a bible he's clearly never read Drumpf has done everything in his power to piss off that same group...and they continue to support him.

Now I agree with you though that being gay (to a CC) is MUCH worse than anything Drumpf has done like adultery, divorce, lying, cheating, etc....but I bet if Drumpf says anything about it (with his usual tact and class) the CC's will eat it up and say how "Christian" he is to stand up for their "values".
Carson could run for rubio's senate seat. Which would be great.
(03-03-2016, 08:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Which is funny because other than hold up a bible he's clearly never read Drumpf has done everything in his power to piss off that same group...and they continue to support him.

Now I agree with you though that being gay (to a CC) is MUCH worse than anything Drumpf has done like adultery, divorce, lying, cheating, etc....but I bet if Drumpf says anything about it (with his usual tact and class) the CC's will eat it up and say how "Christian" he is to stand up for their "values".

Crazy world, isn't it ?
(03-03-2016, 11:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Carson could run for rubio's senate seat.   Which would be great.

Ehh, if he's actually a good brain surgeon he should just go back to doing that and saving people's lives.  I can't imagine encouraging someone who can actually help people in such a significant way to be a politician.
Dr. Ben Carson is too good for politics. The man emanates class and integrity.
(03-03-2016, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, if he's actually a good brain surgeon he should just go back to doing that and saving people's lives.  I can't imagine encouraging someone who can actually help people in such a significant way to be a politician.

The heck with that. Patrick Murphy will probably win unless he or a decent conservative runs. Murphy is my representative and he is worthless. I should have Allen West but Boehner screwed that up.
(03-05-2016, 05:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Dr. Ben Carson is too good for politics.  The man emanates class and integrity.

I trust he would agree with you.   Mellow

Quote:Ben Carson's Home Is an Eerie Homage to Ben Carson

[Image: ODFiMmIyMzU0MyMvRXJFVXJRWXd4ZVQyZGRpdGxH...pwZw==.jpg] By Tom McKay November 07, 2015
LIKE MIC ON FACEBOOK: 

Neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson, who continues to rank in first or second place in polls for the Republican presidential primary race, has what could charitably be called an eccentric taste in home decor.
A recent profile in the Guardian took a photo tour of Carson's home in Upperco, Maryland, and dubbed what it documented as an "homage to himself."

Carson's walls are covered with dozens of news clippings, honorary degrees and photos of him alongside various celebrities, dignitaries and world leaders — as well as full-size paintings featuring Carson proudly posing in his white coat alongside the lord Jesus Christ.

No, really:

[Image: carson-and-jesus.jpg]

Quote:Ben Carson and Klingon Jesus: A Portrait - http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/gallery/2015/nov/07/ben-carson-house-homage-to-himself-in-pictures#img-4 ... pic.twitter.com/Pa7ShzGBrW
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTOQZ_oWwAAiNpc.png:large[/url]

A pretty large portrait of Carson rests above his fireplace.

Here are some other shots of all the strange memorabilia one finds in Casa de Carson:

[Image: OTc1YTAwNTc3YiMvYmdfQnlLU2NjenBYZ1ljdVNS...UuanBn.jpg]
Source: [url=http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/gallery/2015/nov/07/ben-carson-house-homage-to-himself-in-pictures#img-4]The Guardian

To those not inclined to find Carson's political views particularly compelling, this choice of furnishings will doubtless seem as weird as the candidate's consistently bizarre public pronouncements. Just recently, those include his alternate explanation for who really built the pyramids, his shifting narrative on his violent past as a teenager, inconsistencies in the story of his supposed full scholarship to West Point, and his theory that Jews could have prevented the Holocaust if they had just owned more firearms.

On the other hand, Carson's supporters will probably see the photos as more evidence that the legendary neurosurgeon is a very accomplished person and dedicated Christian.

Strangely enough, Carson isn't the only presidential candidate to prominently display paintings of himself. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who is currently ranked well behind Carson in an average of polls kept by Real Clear Politics, has long kept a massive portrait of himself arguing before the United States Supreme Court in his office.
http://mic.com/articles/128108/ben-carson-s-home-is-an-eerie-homage-to-ben-carson#.YF51El0uN