Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson on XM Right Now
Said that Burrow should be excited if Burrow is drafted by the Bengals. Said that they are making some serious moves.

He obviously said that they haven't done that before, but that they are making a strong effort to build a winner.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 02:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Said that Burrow should be excited if Burrow is drafted by the Bengals.  Said that they are making some serious moves.

He obviously said that they haven't done that before, but that they are making a strong effort to build a winner.
Well, I'll be damn.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 02:16 PM)McC Wrote: Well, I'll be damn.  

Sounds very reasonable right now.  They keep trying to get him to throw the Bengals under the bus. He basically keeps saying that the Bengals changed this year, but that they need to keep doing what they are doing now each year.  They have to do something every year and not sit on their laurels.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 02:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Sounds very reasonable right now.  They keep trying to get him to throw the Bengals under the bus. He basically keeps saying that the Bengals changed this year, but that they need to keep doing what they are doing now each year.  They have to do something every year and not sit on their laurels.

Well, here's hoping it's the beginning of a new way of operating and not a one off.

Not saying they even have to spend a bundle every year, just that they don't forget FA is out there to get the missing pieces.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 02:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Sounds very reasonable right now.  They keep trying to get him to throw the Bengals under the bus. He basically keeps saying that the Bengals changed this year, but that they need to keep doing what they are doing now each year.  They have to do something every year and not sit on their laurels.

I think Palmer has come around a bit just like Boomer and others.  They see the changes.  But Palmer also stated somewhere and I agree with him, that Bengals need to fix the OL to protect Burrow.  I think Bengals still need two stud guards this draft and OT in case Williams is not healthy and Hart regresses.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxcTeAKWJca6XyJ37_ZoKIQ?sub_confirmation=1

Carson Palmer states that Joe Burrow grew up a Bengals fan.

Pat McAfee
@PatMcAfeeShow
Chatting with former #Bengals QB Carson Palmer about
@Joe_Burrow10
potentially going to Cincinnati

"It's a special situation for him and a chance to go home and be in front of his family" #PatMcAfeeShowLIVE

"A narrative starting getting spun that if Joe Burrow were to be drafted by the #Bengals, he would say no (because of Carson Palmer leaving).. is there any validity to you or anybody ever saying that to Joe Burrow?"

"Zero. None." - Carson Palmer
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 02:30 PM)kdgjr Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxcTeAKWJca6XyJ37_ZoKIQ?sub_confirmation=1

Carson Palmer states that Joe Burrow grew up a Bengals fan.

Pat McAfee
@PatMcAfeeShow
Chatting with former #Bengals QB Carson Palmer about
@Joe_Burrow10
potentially going to Cincinnati

"It's a special situation for him and a chance to go home and be in front of his family" #PatMcAfeeShowLIVE

"A narrative starting getting spun that if Joe Burrow were to be drafted by the #Bengals, he would say no (because of Carson Palmer leaving).. is there any validity to you or anybody ever saying that to Joe Burrow?"

"Zero. None." - Carson Palmer

Poor guy ...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Holy crap...is it a cold day in hell?
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 02:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Palmer has come around a bit just like Boomer and others.  

I'm thinking a lot of players just "saw too much" when it came to Bengals misery. They really can't see it as something other than bad as that was their viewpoint. Vietnam is a beautiful country but do you think most veterans of the war could see it that way?
Reply/Quote
Looks like many former Bengals are rallying around Joe Burrow and the team. It's kind of cool to see.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 04:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Looks like many former Bengals are rallying around Joe Burrow and the team.  It's kind of cool to see.

Yes it is.

Reply/Quote
Welcome to 2020, where everything that couldn't happen, did. This is definitely an episode for the twilight zone. Doesn't matter what Palmer says tho. His John Morrel money shot ruined any possible forgiveness I could have been willing to give.

Reply/Quote
Is it just me or is Pat McAfee really annoying?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 04:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Looks like many former Bengals are rallying around Joe Burrow and the team.  It's kind of cool to see.

I can see why people who played for MB see better than they hear.  The critique was MB would keep up his lazy ways and just plug in Burrow but he's been proactive so credit where credit is due. 
Reply/Quote
These times they are a changing.  Joe
Reply/Quote
I bet Carson sees this off season the same way Whit sees it when he spoke with Cowherd.

It is a different kind of off-season, they are active and building a team but also there is the.... "Why didn't they do this when I was there mentality"

If the team had this sort of off-season with Carson under center and Whit at LT, they might actually be a Lombardi sitting around, if nothing else, they'd have won a damn playoff game by now.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 05:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Is it just me or is Pat McAfee really annoying?

I think he's funny... I don't think you're annoying either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 05:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Is it just me or is Pat McAfee really annoying?

Beyond annoying and super unprofessional.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 06:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I bet Carson sees this off season the same way Whit sees it when he spoke with Cowherd.

It is a different kind of off-season, they are active and building a team but also there is the.... "Why didn't they do this when I was there mentality"

If the team had this sort of off-season with Carson under center and Whit at LT, they might actually be a Lombardi sitting around, if nothing else, they'd have won a damn playoff game by now.

The 2013 and 2015 teams are tough to think about.  Imagine what they could have done with even one high priced player like they got this year.  15 may be more of a wash due to the Dalton injury.
Reply/Quote

dId JoE bUrRoW jUsT tElL tHe BeNgAlS nOt To DrAfT hIm???
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote