Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Benson died
R.I.P. Ced
Reply/Quote
What, no highlights yet? One tough runner...

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 05:03 PM)NKURyan Wrote: What, no highlights yet? One tough runner...

Wow man.  You just broke my heart all over again.  This is devastating news.

He gave us his heart and soul and you can't ask more than that of any man.

You just know there's football in heaven.  It's God's own game, after all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know some like motorcycles but I hate them.  So many of my friends have been injured riding them.  Damn.  Rest In Pease CB.  

You won't catch me on them either not to mention they're too damned noisy.. Tough break for him.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 05:03 PM)NKURyan Wrote: What, no highlights yet? One tough runner...

What's really annoying is that's one of the very few games that aren't available on Game Pass. Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 03:38 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I've always been this mindset. Why I don't waste time arguing or with people who don't like me. Of course, I've had the fortunate/unfortunate circumstance of living majority of my life attached to monitors in a hospital bed. Ask my wife. I'm the worst person to argue with just for this reason. You never know when it could be your last day.
We all hope you get healthy and find peace. 

R.I.P. Ced Benson 
Reply/Quote
Wow! Very sad to hear! Condolences to his family and friends!
Reply/Quote
Sad news, just too soon Cedric.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 05:45 PM)McC Wrote: Wow man.  You just broke my heart all over again.  This is devastating news.

He gave us his heart and soul and you can't ask more than that of any man.

You just know there's football in heaven.  It's God's own game, after all.

No doubt.

That is a great vid too. Need to get the one of Ced knocking out Polamalu on here.

Loved how the Boogie Man ran, Defenses didn't want to tackle that dude.

He kept his shoulders forward and punished tacklers all game long.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have now lost 3 players from those teams at the end of the last decade, and the beginning of this one... All three of them from auto accidents.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I was at a couple of those games (KC, Chicago, and the Jets)... That NY playoff game was soooo cold. They handed out playoff towels. I had mine tied around my face. The only part of me exposed was my eyes, and it was still brutal... I remember beer turning to slushy ice as we were drinking it.

The clips from the KC game reminded me that we had Larry Johnson for a hot second that season too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
RIP
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 06:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: You won't catch me on them either not to mention they're too damned noisy.. Tough break for him.

Yeah, motorcycles are rough and certainly not for me.  Any time someone I know mentioned getting into them or getting one I just said it's their call, but they wouldn't be cool if people didn't get killed on 'em every now and then.  
Reply/Quote
RIP Benson. You were a huge reason why we won so many games in 2009. I wish his family well.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 12:18 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Wow that is terrible, way too young. Wasn’t that long ago we got to watch him revive his career here. I’ll always remember that Bears revenge game performance during the 2009 turnaround and playoff run

You and me both man. I'm from Chicago, lived there my whole life save for college @ UK (to be within driving distance to PBS), and I came into town for that game. I remember talking to Bears fans outside the Hyatt downtown the night before and one of them asked "So, how's Cedric doing?" My reply: "He's been running angry, and tomorrow? Against y'all? He's going to be running SUPER angry, you're in for a long day." And boy oh boy did Cedric make me look like a prophet. 

This one hurts, they all hurt when guys go as young as he was, but Cedric Benson came in and outright earned every bit of respect from me. Watching him with the Bears I had zero expectations when he signed with the Bengals and he proved me wrong week in and week out. By the time he left he was one of my favorite players from that era of Bengals. A true AFC North HB during his time in stripes.

May he rest in peace, may his family find peace, and I pity the LB's opposite him in the great beyond. 

RIP #32
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 03:26 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: RIP Big Benson. Dude ran hard. Had loads of heart. Part of one of my favorite offenses from the Bengals. Loved his redemption game against the Bears.

I was at that game.  One of the most complete games any Bengal team has ever played.  

He resurrected our team in 2009.  Rest in Peace, Ced.
Reply/Quote
Way too young. Hope his loved ones are going to be ok.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Terrible news. Ced seemed like a first class individual in everything he did with the team. He left it all on the field every game.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know some like motorcycles but I hate them.  So many of my friends have been injured riding them.  Damn.  Rest In Pease CB.  

I hear ya. I've lost two close friends on motorcycles. One of was my first wife (ex at the time, but nonetheless it was tragic).

Ced was such a good player for us.

RIP Ced

Reply/Quote
1200 plus yards 13 tds in 13 games including an almost 200 yard game against his former team, and set our playoff record with his 169 yards against the jets. Dude snapped the ravens 40 game streak of not allowing a 100 yard rusher and carried us to the playoffs after we swept the division. It was him not Palmer that got us there
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote